Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,762,892 times

Advertisements

Some things I've learned:
Don't "ask" her out. Tell her you want to see her again and make plans. If she wants to go, she'll go or give you another time/place. Do this over the phone, not text, to avoid a simple "I can't make it" text and that's it. And don't accept maybes. Maybe means you're just an option, or plan B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 09:26 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
It's quite meaningful that someone thinks of you when you are not together. I'd take that is a really bad sign if they don't.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:43 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I think you're overthinking this. You guys had a blast on your date - that's awesome! She said yes to seeing you again, so make another date! Not everyone enjoys texting and FB'ing. And I think 50-100 texts is a LOT. I doubt I send anyone that many texts in one day. I think if you are sending a few a day that's more than enough. I would probably be annoyed with a guy if he wanted to text me all day regardless if we had had one date or twenty. The last thing you want to appear is desperate and women get scared off just like guys do if you come on too strong.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:09 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverunner17 View Post
When we've been together in our club, she doesn't seem to get texts much at all. In fact, she never pulled her phone out on that one-on-one date we had.

I was a little direct with her yesterday asking if she wanted to get together again, and she did say yes. Our schedules have been a bit busy (my grandparents are out visiting this weekend, and she's working overtime).

Guess in response to smarterguy's post, I'm used to texting girls a lot. I'm not talking every second of the day, but with my past relationships and friendships, it seems like it would be normal to send 50-100 per day instead of the 5 or so I do with this girl.
caverunner17, you run into one of those rare females that actually like to interact with people "manually", you know, that old fashioned way where you could actually see, smell, and touch the one you're talking to...I can't even imagine texting 50-100 texts a day to someone, that to me is really really bizarre, wow, I must be really getting old.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:37 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I think you're overthinking this. You guys had a blast on your date - that's awesome! She said yes to seeing you again, so make another date! Not everyone enjoys texting and FB'ing. And I think 50-100 texts is a LOT. I doubt I send anyone that many texts in one day. I think if you are sending a few a day that's more than enough. I would probably be annoyed with a guy if he wanted to text me all day regardless if we had had one date or twenty. The last thing you want to appear is desperate and women get scared off just like guys do if you come on too strong.
Yep...Stalker territory

Old 11-05-2012, 01:12 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times
Well, it looks like she's not interested.

We went to a halloween party together dressed the same. Thought we had fun.. Anyways, a day or two later, she sort of backs away and doesn't seem to talk much to me when we meet up with our group. Also pretty much goes dead with any texting (a few words for a response, if I get a response).

All I know is women are weird. One day excited and trying to figure out when to meet next... the next week... nothing.

Oh well. Guess it's back to the drawing board to try to meet other girls.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:35 PM

11,785 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:

We went to a halloween party together dressed the same. Thought we had fun.. Anyways, a day or two later, she sort of backs away and doesn't seem to talk much to me when we meet up with our group. Also pretty much goes dead with any texting (a few words for a response, if I get a response).

All I know is women are weird. One day excited and trying to figure out when to meet next... the next week... nothing.

Sorry to hear that, but I wouldn't call it weird. Dating is the process of getting to know someone, usually looking for that someone to share your life with. Maybe after these few dates, she's decided she's no longer interested. That doesn't make her weird, it means this isn't going to work out between you and it's time to move on.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
I'm a girl in my 20's who doesn't like to text much anymore and I absolutely hate talking on the phone. Maybe she just isn't into conversation outside of face-to-face dates, which is totally understandable if you have a busy schedule. I work and am taking 3 grad classes, so do the math...I'm at work for 8 hrs a day 5 days a week and I cant talk/text. Then Im in class for 3 1/2 hours twice a week-cant talk then either. So its not uncommon to go a couple days without talking to my bf.

People in their 20's have lives that dont revolve around texting, facebook, twitter etc.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM

245 posts, read 385,838 times
I can't believe you would text someone you have gone out with a couple times 50-100 times a day. That's insane. If someone even texted me 10 times a day (without REALLY good reason) I would think they are obsessive and needy. I hate texting conversations and only like texting if it's to say hi, when they can't talk on the phone or are sending me info on where to meet.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,270,967 times
Quote:

Maybe next time caverunner17, you can forget you even got a cell?..bet you'd have a better response!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships