U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 AM

5 posts, read 11,881 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys (and Gals)...

What are signs that he really wants to marry you?!

My man has been asking me what my credit score is and that he's planning on buying a house pretty soon. He's been acting pretty strange lately (different than the past); tells me that we need to be spending more time together. Some of my friends even say that he may be considering something more serious than what we have right now, but he won't actually say that he wants to get that serious when I ask, so I leave it alone; all I get are questions about what my future plans are? What do you think.....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 AM

9,607 posts, read 3,822,954 times
Men don't ask. They do.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:36 AM

631 posts, read 313,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycgrl5040 View Post
Hey Guys (and Gals)...

What are signs that he really wants to marry you?!

My man has been asking me what my credit score is and that he's planning on buying a house pretty soon. He's been acting pretty strange lately (different than the past); tells me that we need to be spending more time together. Some of my friends even say that he may be considering something more serious than what we have right now, but he won't actually say that he wants to get that serious when I ask, so I leave it alone; all I get are questions about what my future plans are? What do you think.....?
I think if you've asked him directly and he hasn't said he wants to get serious, he doesn't intend to. Do not guess at the motivations of men.

We're not that deep.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:41 AM

1,760 posts, read 970,105 times
Real man here. Agree with hurricane. When we want you we will do everything in our power to let you know that.
Nobody cares if he wants to see your credit score or if he is buying a house. If he has not made the move of making you his Girlfriend and then his fiance then he doesn't truly want to marry you.

IT DOESN'T TAKE US 2-3-4 YEARS TO FIGURE OUT WE WANT TO MARRY YOU.

Don't be another female that allows herself to be STRUNG ALONG like so many women are doing nowadays.

If marriage is what you want, then find someone who wants the same.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:43 AM

5,190 posts, read 2,482,616 times
He asks you to marry him. All others are meaningless false positives.

Men don't use signals or signs. We don't understand them, don't know how to use them and don't have a clue about them. It works both ways: if you want a man to do something for you, ask directly, and stop looking for signs from him until you see some real actions.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:47 AM

5,072 posts, read 2,493,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Real man here. Agree with hurricane. When we want you we will do everything in our power to let you know that.
Nobody cares if he wants to see your credit score or if he is buying a house. If he has not made the move of making you his Girlfriend and then his fiance then he doesn't truly want to marry you.

I'm not a man, but I would agree with this based on the actions of my SO. We'd talked about getting a house next year and then he completely blindsided me with a proposal recently and yep, we haven't been dating for 2 years yet...

Old 10-19-2012, 07:48 AM

5,398 posts, read 3,576,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
How long does it take then?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:03 AM

1,760 posts, read 970,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
How long does it take then?

For men that are SERIOUSLY looking to get married it could take as little as 3-4 months to know if
we want to marry you.

If you have to bring up the question with your man, I would say 99% of time he doesn't see you as
wife material.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 AM

2,392 posts, read 3,311,464 times
It's seems pretty simple to me. The guy comes to you and he says "Will you marry me"?

Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM

13,164 posts, read 10,423,928 times
Sounds like he wants you to cosign on a mortgage, not marry him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships