Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM

597 posts, read 1,026,666 times

Advertisements

My BMI is around 40 so I guess I am morbidly obese. I wouldn't expect any woman to date me

Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,637,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
My BMI is around 40 so I guess I am morbidly obese. I wouldn't expect any woman to date me
The thing about being overweight/obese is that one can change it. It's not hard, just takes some time and dedication.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:13 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Since many women say personality is important, for some-- more important than looks (assuming the man is well-dressed, or casually but tastefully dressed), I'm curious to see if weight is a factor. I'm talking overweight, but not morbidly obese. Overweight, but still able to be active, go for walks or moderate hikes, maybe he even goes to the gym. Let's assume average or slightly above average looks, aside from the paunch. If this guy were fun to talk to, and had a highly-skilled job (asume B.A.-M.A. or equivalent in education) would you date him? Would you consider an LTR with him, if he had an upbeat personality, no baggage?
The span between "overweight" and "morbidly obese" is HUGE (no pun intended). I would date overweigtlht by a little, but obese is a NO. And morbidly obese? NEVER

Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM

810 posts, read 1,762,782 times
I would. He can always lose weight if he's a good person that matters more than weight.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
I would. He can always lose weight if he's a good person that matters more than weight.
Shouldn't you assume he will never lose weight in this scenario? Because if you look at a potential partner and think about how you will change him, it means you aren't looking for a true partner at all. You should not evaluate this question based on how you might change a man to your satisfaction. Assume his is a good person, but he will never lose the weight. Most likely he will gain weight over the course of your relationship, because most of us do. Would you date him still?

Old 12-12-2012, 07:40 PM

681 posts, read 618,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
That's the problem with online dating. On my profile I stated I was not open to dads or divorced men in general and the nasty messages came. Why people respond when it doesn't apply to them is something that makes no sense.
Well then that is the problem!

If you don't want divorced men or dads then that is you, but this is so hypocritical of a woman to say especially if YOU had a kid or were divorced because then it would be a different story then right?

Old 12-13-2012, 09:43 AM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
I think there's such a vast disconnect between online dating and reality. I might have said, no, I'd not date a morbidly obese man, had I never been so close to my one friend...had he not firmly become entrenched in "friend zone" at a very early age, we could have been a good match. He's a beautiful human being, his weight doesn't matter, his nature shines right out of his eyes.

I only consider his weight in that I worry about his health and happiness and comfort. I don't think he could lose it. I know he's tried. He doesn't eat more than normal people, and he's always been really big since I met him around age 14. What kind of intervention at how early an age would have been required to change his outcome? I don't know. He's had personal trainers, really restrictive diets, exercise, even for a few years (I didn't know about this until later) a coke/meth habit that would have made nearly anyone else skin and bones. But not him... He's even contemplated expensive and dangerous surgeries, and it may come to that one day.

But see, I got to know him in real life and I love him as my dearest friend, I don't judge him at all. If I were "shopping" online...well that is different. You choose who you will allow a chance to get to know or not. It's like shopping for anything, you can rule out factors you don't think you want. I really don't know if that is a better way to go about it...but it's definitely different.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:54 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Keep it real ladies. Most women turn down fat guys STRICTLY out of fear that HE WILL NOT be able to satisfy their SEXUAL NEEDS. He could be the nicest guy in the world and be willing to go to the gym 5 days a week to please his woman. Still won't matter. Not saying this is wrong. We all have our preferences. But lets just be honest. Your choices to not date fat guys has nothing to do with his health.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:57 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Keep it real ladies. Most women turn down fat guys STRICTLY out of fear that HE WILL NOT be able to satisfy their SEXUAL NEEDS. He could be the nicest guy in the world and be willing to go to the gym 5 days a week to please his woman. Still won't matter. Not saying this is wrong. We all have our preferences. But lets just be honest. Your choices to not date fat guys has nothing to do with his health.
Tell that to the 4 fat men I've dated.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
LOL@Raena. You are the exception. I said MOST......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships