Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 06:26 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times

Advertisements

Eh, I think over 60% of this country is fat anyway.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 AM

213 posts, read 376,982 times
Yes, definitely.

Old 10-10-2013, 08:59 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
I see loads of married fat guys around. Sure the wife has other guys on the side but who doesn't nowadays.
Maybe the married fat guys do too.................

Old 10-10-2013, 09:01 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Since many women say personality is important, for some-- more important than looks (assuming the man is well-dressed, or casually but tastefully dressed), I'm curious to see if weight is a factor. I'm talking overweight, but not morbidly obese. Overweight, but still able to be active, go for walks or moderate hikes, maybe he even goes to the gym. Let's assume average or slightly above average looks, aside from the paunch. If this guy were fun to talk to, and had a highly-skilled job (asume B.A.-M.A. or equivalent in education) would you date him? Would you consider an LTR with him, if he had an upbeat personality, no baggage?

Absolutely and married one of them and he is the father of 2 of my children, great guy, cute, stable, responsible, unfortunately over the years he became very controlling and I had to get out after 15 years.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Women, slim, overweight, fat, obese and morbidly obese, are brutal towards fat guys. That's the double standard.

I was a formerly fat guy. Six years and 60 to 80 pounds ago, in the prime of my youth (early to mid 20s), no girl would notice I am in the hall. I was invisible. Today, with a clean-cut physique and upgraded clothes selection, I've had awesome pull with the ladies, especially in NYC.

Clothes and appearance make the man. It's a fact. There's no denying that. Those who state otherwise are liars.
It also depends on where you are. I'm from the Eastern US, and universally I am regarded as a non-entity by women.

But when I lived in California and Hawaii, and spent time in Samoa and Japan, I often got lots of glances, smiles and compliments from women.

Same guy, different places.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:19 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
I married a chunky guy. Didn't think it matters.

Would never do it again.

He acted like he likes my lifestyle. He stopped pretending after we married.

He complained when I wanted to go surfing (meee, water too cold). He complained when I cooked healthy (meee, not sweet enough). He complained when we ate out and I didn't eat a whole plate of greasy food like him (because then he felt bad about himself overeating). He started pointing out flaws on me (meee, you forgot to shave ONE hair on your leg) to feel better about him. He hated any kind of sports (even though he is military). He was too lazy to go hiking (done hiking after 30 min.). It was too much effort for him to walk the dog (meeeh, dogs don't need exercise). He was making nasty comments about good looking guys who went jogging without shirts, pointing out how gross they sweat.

And always these food discussions. Ugh. I threw several cook books away because nothing was ever sweet or greasy enough. I became insecure, thinking I am a bad cook (I loved to bake pies). THe worst thing was that he made me feel bad about myself. As if it was my fault that he always overate and gained weight. I had to feel bad when I stopped eating after ONE donut and he ate the rest of the box within minutes. I never told him to buy a whole box.

NEVER AGAIN.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Since many women say personality is important, for some-- more important than looks (assuming the man is well-dressed, or casually but tastefully dressed), I'm curious to see if weight is a factor. I'm talking overweight, but not morbidly obese. Overweight, but still able to be active, go for walks or moderate hikes, maybe he even goes to the gym. Let's assume average or slightly above average looks, aside from the paunch. If this guy were fun to talk to, and had a highly-skilled job (asume B.A.-M.A. or equivalent in education) would you date him? Would you consider an LTR with him, if he had an upbeat personality, no baggage?
I married a chunky monkey, and he had full custody of his two girls, ages 12 & 16.

We are all one big happy family and the girls have their own families and kids now.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Would never do it again.

He complained when I wanted to go surfing (meee, water too cold). He complained when I cooked healthy (meee, not sweet enough). He complained when we ate out and I didn't eat a whole plate of greasy food like him (because then he felt bad about himself overeating). He started pointing out flaws on me (meee, you forgot to shave ONE hair on your leg) to feel better about him. He hated any kind of sports (even though he is military). He was too lazy to go hiking (done hiking after 30 min.). It was too much effort for him to walk the dog (meeeh, dogs don't need exercise). He was making nasty comments about good looking guys who went jogging without shirts, pointing out how gross they sweat.

And always these food discussions. Ugh. I threw several cook books away because nothing was ever sweet or greasy enough. I became insecure, thinking I am a bad cook (I loved to bake pies). THe worst thing was that he made me feel bad about myself. As if it was my fault that he always overate and gained weight. I had to feel bad when I stopped eating after ONE donut and he ate the rest of the box within minutes. I never told him to buy a whole box.

NEVER AGAIN.
It was the guy you married who was wrong for you - not the fact that he was overweight. I ran, played sports and surfed as much as I could as a young man.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:42 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Probably.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:43 AM

809 posts, read 1,273,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Would never do it again.

NEVER AGAIN.
Chunks always accuse me that I'm gay

If only the pricks knew I'm an ex-chunk and know how it feels.

Do you really leave one hair out????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships