Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
To a certain extent this is true. A major component of initial attraction is physical.

However, if you go for all the "soulmates" stuff, who says that your perfect match is a perfect 10 looks wise ?

Sometimes we are attracted to people who don't fit our "standards", and if you choose to overlook this, then you are possibly
missing out on a lot.
I think if the majority of people believed in "soulmates" you could add that into this thread.

But not that many people believe in that, and this thread is all about the physical. Nothing about this guy's personality was mentioned in the OP, just above average looks, bacelors/masters degree which leads into a great job(most of the time), and dresses very well. The only negative? He has a slight pudge.

Thing is, regardless of what's said here, both women AND men flock to this guy because he at least has all that going for him, and most will stay with the guy regardless of his personality and how he treats women(which mind you, you don't know anything about yet.)

Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,794 times
If I was single, yes. I have never been into skinny, slender or super built men. I like a little extra meat on them.

I am not thin, though, and never will be.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:42 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle Oh Elle View Post
Yes, if I really liked him BUT I would try to encourage him to lose weight. And if he still didn't, well, he has to go.
Lol then you arent attracted to him ...if hes overweight when you met him why would he change for you

Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,470 times
If hes big like the Rock yes but big like Doug Heffernan its a no.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:51 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,449,271 times
I met someone recently who is a bit overweight but definitely attractive and seems like someone I'd get along well with. He's not available though, otherwise I'd definitely consider it.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,620,823 times
Yes, I actually prefer men who are overweight. No skinny/muscular guys for me.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM

52,221 posts, read 52,642,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Yes, I actually prefer men who are overweight. No skinny/muscular guys for me.
Well... If I were 10 yrs younger, about 5 inchs taller, and not in a relationship... I'd give you a call....

Quite a few disclaimers on that one, I see....

Old 10-20-2012, 04:56 PM

12 posts, read 16,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
If hes big like the Rock yes but big like Doug Heffernan its a no.
Doug Heffernan was an airhead. How many women would go for airheads no matter what they looked like? If I find a guy who has some of the eclectic interests I have, and can keep up his half of the conversation and shows he knows what he's talking about, and is nice with no hang-ups, I don't care if he's fat. Fat isn't even part of the equation. I wonder how many great guys have been passed up by women just because they were fat? Prob'ly a lot. And women wonder where the nice guys are, or why they can't find a nice, stable guy. The nice guys are right in front of your nose some of the time, but you're writing them off because of their weight. Women would rather have trim, good-looking but empty-headed men?

Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,991,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn-X View Post
Doug Heffernan was an airhead. How many women would go for airheads no matter what they looked like? If I find a guy who has some of the eclectic interests I have, and can keep up his half of the conversation and shows he knows what he's talking about, and is nice with no hang-ups, I don't care if he's fat. Fat isn't even part of the equation. I wonder how many great guys have been passed up by women just because they were fat? Prob'ly a lot. And women wonder where the nice guys are, or why they can't find a nice, stable guy. The nice guys are right in front of your nose some of the time, but you're writing them off because of their weight. Women would rather have trim, good-looking but empty-headed men?
lol how many fat/nice guys have been rejected? I don't know how many, but many, including myself many many times, from large and small women.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:02 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,553,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well... If I were 10 yrs younger, about 5 inchs taller, and not in a relationship... I'd give you a call....

Quite a few disclaimers on that one, I see....

I notice the "not in a relationship" part is only third on your list...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships