Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:22 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So many ridiculous things occurring in this thread
Don't leave us hangin'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
This thread is going sideways now. Someone Stick a fork in it it's done!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
The last time I dated a sista she ordered the "shrimps" while I had the shrimp.
If I can't get fried chicken and collard greens I'm not with it.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:24 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Being a server I get a lot of skinny on first dates, and I've seen a lot, but this was especially hilarious and had me and my co-workers talking for days.

A fairly attractive young couple came and sat by the window...we rotate and I approached to take a drink order. He asks what the specials are...I point him to the specials placard on the drink menu. Girl states that she's interested in X beer (a wheat beer, which a lot of girls like to drink), he fixates on the $16 bucket of PBR special. "Can we get this X wheat beer?" she asks, to which he replies hastily, "I just want a PBR, ok."

I bring the bucket of PBR. I ask if they need a minute with the menu. "We're just doing apps," he hastily replied. She's looking at him seeking approval as she orders spinach dip. After they get and complete their apps I see her still looking at a food menu, so I approach and ask if she wants something else..."She's ok...!" he replies cutting me off. She puts the menu down.

At this point all the girls and I are observing this date to see what happens next. They are drinking and there's one PBR left in the bucket. I guess she was done with hers and reached for it..."Is that the last one???" he literally grabs it out of her hand, opens it and begins drinking it.

Why on EARTH would a girl go out with someone like this???
No offense, but after reading this it appears you might be more skilled at generalized assumptions. Did one of the staff interview the couple to find out if it was a first date?
If this was indeed a first date the woman is either totally spineless, has no money, skating by on what is in between her legs, or all the above. Otherwise I can't understand why she wouldn't order what she wanted and pay for it herself.
Assuming you work on gratuities, if the guy was that cheap I'm betting the tip was hilarious too.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:26 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Quote:

LMAO!!!! Ahhhhh...geez louise, I've got tears in my eyes. lol

Old 10-21-2012, 10:34 AM

349 posts, read 459,650 times
[quote=xxbabeechick;26602906]I don't eat sea life.

I don't eat at chain restaurants.

Red Lobster doesn't have tofu.

I do not like or approve of the expression "holla".[/quote]

This reminds me of an episode from the Dave Chapelle show.

hollahollaholla - YouTube

Hilarious!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:35 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Something tells me this thread is about to get funny. I'm getting popcorn for this ish. Who wants some?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:41 AM

170 posts, read 205,956 times
Quote:
I appreciate old fashioned chivalrous gestures, but this isn't one of them. What if the waitress asks if I want a modification or temperature? I have a mouth and I like speaking for myself.

Having the guy let me order first is chivalrous enough for me. I'm picky...I always modify my dinner.
I'm not perfect, just me! Yes, my mother was abused and instilled upon me to always be a gentleman and put the lady first, treat a lady as she should be treated. And even in her grave, I will not disapoint her if I can help it... Old fashioned, yes I am!

And as stated, one becomes accustomed to a routine, and when ladies do not speak fluent English or are afraid they will make a mistake, as many fear, they appreciate it, as does my English speaking friends. I try to be thorough enough to cover the details of what sides, how cooked and such... I often have to read/explain the menu anyway, as even if you are fluent in a 2nd/3rd language, it doesn't mean that you are literate in it...
It is true that good intentions do not always provide favorable results, however I have not seem unfavorable results derived from me ordering for them. YMMV Have a great day!

Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Lets do Sylvia's on Wed am. And girl, i buy groceries AND pay cell phone bills. I will get your sitter too.

How many lil boos' you got?

Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
No offense, but after reading this it appears you might be more skilled at generalized assumptions. Did one of the staff interview the couple to find out if it was a first date?
My bar is a popular date spot. The couple's table was right by the service station. We can hear their entire conversation...

My co-workers and I are the first date gurus. It's not that hard to spot a first date. Awkward body language, but more importantly the questions: "Do you have siblings?" "What are your hobbies?" "Do you like to work out?" "Where do you go in the city?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships