Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 03:49 PM

864 posts, read 1,454,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think you should just follow through with the date since you suggested it. One date doesn't mean it has to turn into anything and you could use the experience considering you just recently went out on your very first date.
I agree. I think it would be in VERY VERY poor taste to back out after you asked her and she accepted. It's just one date. Just don't lead her on during the date. Keep it light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 03:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
I'm going to address the FWB "suggestions" once and for all. Listen up, I'm only saying this once.

I don't really object to FWB situations. However, I am not physically attracted to this woman. She has made it clear she has a crush on me. Not an attraction, an all out crush. I think if I proceed with a FWB situation with this woman, knowing damn well she has actual romantic feelings for me, nothing but bad can happen. This girl does not deserve that drama for simply being bold and revealing her feelings for me. That is why I think the best approach is to be honest and end the whole thing here and now to avoid any heartbreak.

So to recap: I refuse to be a tacky a#$ and lead this girl onto a FWB when she has feelings for me. I have better taste than that.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Not quite sure you understand how FWB works. Step 1....you must be attracted to her.

Not wanting to boink her cuz you aren't attracted to her doesn't exactly make you a man of stellar character.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Since it's an all-out crush, just don't do it. And explain to her why. Briefly. "I don't want this to go anywhere and I know you're having feelings, and you're too cool a person to hurt like that. So I'm telling you that this is not going to happen and I wish you luck in the future."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm going to address the FWB "suggestions" once and for all. Listen up, I'm only saying this once.

I don't really object to FWB situations. However, I am not physically attracted to this woman. She has made it clear she has a crush on me. Not an attraction, an all out crush. I think if I proceed with a FWB situation with this woman, knowing damn well she has actual romantic feelings for me, nothing but bad can happen. This girl does not deserve that drama for simply being bold and revealing her feelings for me. That is why I think the best approach is to be honest and end the whole thing here and now to avoid any heartbreak.

So to recap: I refuse to be a tacky a#$ and lead this girl onto a FWB when she has feelings for me. I have better taste than that.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:45 PM

Well I messaged her saying my sentiments and making clear that I can't return her feelings. She responds with a "trust me, I understand" message. God, I hope she took it as easy as that for real.

Excluding the ones who suggested FWB, thanks for the advice.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Well I messaged her saying my sentiments and making clear that I can't return her feelings. She responds with a "trust me, I understand" message. God, I hope she took it as easy as that for real.

Seems like she's went through this a few times. I feel bad for her, I've been through similar. It's not a good feeling.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:52 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:

I hope she took it easy too.

You did great!! I'm impressed.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Seems like she's went through this a few times. I feel bad for her, I've been through similar. It's not a good feeling.
I got that vibe too. I hated doing it but better now when she has only invested a little initiative.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

264 posts, read 308,986 times
Dude, she never even went out with you. I'm pretty sure you didn't crush her.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,946 times
The reason women for the most part don't bother to hit on men, you just let us down unless we look like a supermodel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships