Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 12:52 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeBodyUK View Post
I text her Saturday, saying it was nice meeting you, let's hang out again, let me know when you're free - no response. In the text I made a joke about my jaw hurting cos of kissing
Did you actually type "cos"? What else did you type? Could be the PhD was put off by juvenile text speak and the lame invitation to "hang out" while putting the onus on her to make the plans.

Maybe it's time for you to project a more mature persona.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM

331 posts, read 735,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Please don't listen to some of these guys - I would be offended if a guy thought that because I kissed him on the first date meant I was up for more than that. If a woman lets you score on the first date it probably means she just wanted to hook up, so I don't see that that will keep her keep her coming back for more.
I don't usually expect to kiss a woman the first time I meet her. However, sometimes it happens and I have gone all the way on a few occasions with other women. Usually the woman initiates it...

Old 10-22-2012, 12:57 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Please don't listen to some of these guys - I would be offended if a guy thought that because I kissed him on the first date meant I was up for more than that. If a woman lets you score on the first date it probably means she just wanted to hook up, so I don't see that that will keep her keep her coming back for more.
Kiki, what you're failing to grasp is that women who are out to have fun by hooking up don't mind when a man shows sexual interest.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Did you actually type "cos"? What else did you type? Could be the PhD was put off by juvenile text speak and the lame invitation to "hang out" while putting the onus on her to make the plans.

Maybe it's time for you to project a more mature persona.
No, I didn't write "cos"; I have a master's degree & she seriously asked me if i was a genius (I'm not BTW).

I never said "hang out", I said "meet again". I never asked her to make plans, I merely asked about her availability to meet again.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Kiki, what you're failing to grasp is that women who are out to have fun by hooking up don't mind when a man shows sexual interest.
She quite clearly told me that she was looking for LTR, marriage and kids. She was not looking for sex.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:08 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Could be, but she seemed the type to be able take a joke, she was pretty chilled. I didn't mention kissing in the phone call, only the text.
Take a joke, yes but maybe not so much if it about her kissing. But it could be any number of things really. If you feel she genuinely seemed interested, wait a few more days and send her a quick, "Hi, how are you?" text. If there's still no reply then let it go. Something could have come up over the weekend. Sometimes I clear text and voicemail alerts and then a few days later while checking my phone I'll realize I forgot to respond or return a call.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,724,631 times
Quote:
She quite clearly told me that she was looking for LTR, marriage and kids. She was not looking for sex.
Bruh, are serious right now? Just bc a woman is looking for a ltr doesn't mean that she doesn't have sex outside of such a situation. They're not mutually exclusive.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:00 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
Bruh, are serious right now? Just bc a woman is looking for a ltr doesn't mean that she doesn't have sex outside of such a situation. They're not mutually exclusive.
Agree 100%.

She's probably putting the LTR guy through the 90-day no sex plan and hooking-up/sleeping-around all over town.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:25 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,922,570 times
Look, you phoned and texted so she has your number. Leave it at that, don't chase her. The ball is now in her court. If she wants to get back to you she will. No point flogging a dead horse as the saying goes.

Old 10-22-2012, 02:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Alcohol and bars cause some people to do and say stuff they don't really mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships