Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:01 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
If she was a true bunny boiler, she wouldn't have stopped, wouldn't have been the one to tell him to lose her number. I think she was frustrated by lack of response from him, and didn't know why, because he couldn't be bothered to tell her. Not every woman is a psycho in the making.
I read it as, maybe she's had a string of bad luck dating. You can have a lot of bad luck dating, and by the book, not make bad dating moves. Have a few of those and it can really change your outlook on dating. Just look at the overall sentiment for online dating here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 09:02 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
If she was a true bunny boiler, she wouldn't have stopped, wouldn't have been the one to tell him to lose her number. I think she was frustrated by lack of response from him, and didn't know why, because he couldn't be bothered to tell her. Not every woman is a psycho in the making.
Who said anything about all women being a psycho in the making? You're taking this way too personal.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:11 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Who said anything about all women being a psycho in the making? You're taking this way too personal.
I'm not taking it personally but there have been a number of responses that indicate she's the next Fatal Attraction. I see a woman who was frustrated by lack of communication, not a serial stalker in training.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:14 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
Quote:
I'm not taking it personally but there have been a number of responses that indicate she's the next Fatal Attraction. I see a woman who was frustrated by lack of communication, not a serial stalker in training.
Really, because if the roles were reversed and a dude called up a woman like that after knowing her only one week, he'd be labeled as creepy, controlling, stalker, and a serial killer in the making.

No one here is saying "all" women are psychos in the making as you suggest.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Really, because if the roles were reversed and a dude called up a woman like that after knowing her only one week, he'd be labeled as creepy, controlling, stalker, and a serial killer in the making.

No one here is saying "all" women are psychos in the making as you suggest.
I stand by my first answer (the first reply) to this thread where when she called the first time, he could have let her know he wasn't available to talk/text during the day. I don't know if they work opposite hours or what her justification was for calling during his business hours. To me, it doesn't matter what the reason, there was no communication about it. From her perspective, he was ignoring her/blowing her off, so by the time he did get around to returning her call, she was done with him. This could have been avoided.

And if you read back through the thread, there is a recurrent theme of psycho/bunny boiler. I didn't imply that anyone believes all women are psychos. I simply disagree with the idea that her calling a few times makes her a potential psycho.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:46 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
I stand by my first answer (the first reply) to this thread where when she called the first time, he could have let her know he wasn't available to talk/text during the day. I don't know if they work opposite hours or what her justification was for calling during his business hours. To me, it doesn't matter what the reason, there was no communication about it. From her perspective, he was ignoring her/blowing her off, so by the time he did get around to returning her call, she was done with him. This could have been avoided.

And if you read back through the thread, there is a recurrent theme of psycho/bunny boiler. I didn't imply that anyone believes all women are psychos. I simply disagree with the idea that her calling a few times makes her a potential psycho.
I agree 100%. For someone in a high profile management position I'd say the OPs management or PR skills are lacking. When he gave her his # he should have told her he could not take personal calls at work and reinforced this if she did call him at work. Instead he said:

I said "you must be kidding me" I also said, "there's not one women on the planet the will ever come before my job."

Now if she continued calling him at work knowing it was inappropriate, thats a different story.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDoubt1993 View Post
I think she was out of line. Yes, you could have told her you aren't available for personal calls/text during work-day hours when you gave her your number, but she sounds like an overreacting drama queen, and I think you dodged a bullet.

That being said, I do hope when you eventually get married you do put your wife/family before your job. Otherwise, I suspect you may not have a very happily married life! lol
This.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamCharger1985 View Post
She just did you a huge favor. She sounds like a self-absorbed brat.
I would have gone with twit or tart but self absorbed none the less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships