Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,290,236 times

Advertisements

I'm a very flirty person by nature and I like to tease people. Like I'll tell one of my female co-workers, "But...why are you so beautiful though? Please explain." Or say, "Our song is on, let's stare into each others eyes and dance slowly." My co-workers know me and they know I like to mess around and be foolish and I'm not hitting on them, but it's like...you can't tease boys who know you the same way. Like I'll tease a male bartender where I work and say pretty much the same things, and then he actually gets the impression that I want to hang out with him after work/am sexually interested when he hears me say pretty much the same things to everyone. And act surprised that I'm not interesting in hooking up? Bizarre.

These are all people who know me, so I dungeddid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:34 AM

708 posts, read 875,945 times
I know someone who has a very odd sense of humor...it doesn't bother most people. Sometimes it does though. This guy has a hard time taking responsibility when he has crossed the line and someone interprets something he said differently than how he intended it to be. If someone doesn't get you or your statements...stop making them. You have a role here as well. Has nothing to do with gender.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,758,305 times
Makes me wonder if guys are conditioned to seize any potential opportunity, even when logic and reason dictates otherwise.

I once went to a haunted house with a big group of friends, boys and girls, and explained to the whole group that whoever ended up in front of me in line would have to put up with me grabbing their arm when anyone jumped out at us. It happened to be a guy in front of me and by the end of the night he was trying to put his arms around me, ask me out, and a week later sent me a very, very nasty sexual text (hopefully while very drunk).

Old 10-23-2012, 10:39 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,416,411 times
You kind of answer your own question in your post. You're 'flirty'. Guys see flirty women as ones that are showing interest in them because they want sex. A woman isn't going to see you in the same light.

A word of caution though. Guys see flirty women as ones good for a roll in the hay, or one that they can use for sex for a while, but not one they can trust for the long term. Justifiable or not, they don't want a woman around that will give other guys the impression she is available.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:40 AM

3,688 posts, read 4,997,307 times
For the same reason guys punch one another and chicks don't seem to dig this as a form of intimate expression.

It just IS!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
For the same reason guys punch one another and chicks don't seem to dig this as a form of intimate expression.
Wut...?!

Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM

8,737 posts, read 9,418,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

It just IS!
Excellent point. There really is some truth that we need to stay out of each others sand boxes, we play differently, interpret differently in many areas which leads to all kinds of bad feelings toward one another. As old as I am, you'd think I'd remember to remember this from past experiences. sometimes it really is difficult for boys and girls to just be friends, not always, but often enough, that makes proceeding with caution into such territory. We should all take some personal responsibility at some point in the cross walk.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,065,133 times
The women you are teasing know that you are straight - therefore they know that you are just playing around. The men you are teasing know that you are straight - therefore they think that it might mean something. I can be flirty with both sexes - I'm flirtatious by nature - but I know that I can't say the same things to men and women because it means something different. This is also why I'm much more touchy feely with my female friends and my gay friends than I am with my straight male friends.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM

I've never told anyone I was straight. And some of them know I've made out with chicks. They do know however, that I have a boyfriend, and I'm only interested in taking him home.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,353,452 times
But wouldn't you say some girls misinterpret guys who flirt with them?

I'm kinda' in a situation with my dry cleaner where I can't figure out if he's just a natural flirt and does it with everyone or is intentionally flirting with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships