Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,744,562 times

Advertisements

So you mean women you already know? Or ones you have just met recently?

For people that I have just met? Well it takes a lot to move from a cold interaction to want to see someone again.

If you know them and have established where you stand it is a lot trickier. I have a couple of guy friends that are perfect on paper. But we have no chemistry or are bad matches for other reasons. Unless the stars realign, no need to cross out of the friend zone. There are other people I can think of that I wouldn't be opposed to trying a relationship with.

So I guess I am not sure where you are thinking with this post.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,114,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It really doesn't matter how well you get along if you don't want to see your partner naked.
True enough statement.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:10 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,586,670 times
I think you are gender confused my friend. It seems to me that you are expecting women to use logic when it comes to attraction to the opposite sex. You are probably doing so, because we men try to apply logic to everything, but in matters of the heart and from womans point of view, it rarely has nything to do with the outcome. Sure, on some occasions a woman may use logic and think, im not physicaly attracted to this guy, so i wont bother, or he isnt my type etc etc. But more often than not, women react to how YOU make them feel. How you behave around them, how you carry yourself and what type of man you are demonstrating to be. Much of this happens at the subconscious level and logic has nothing to do with it. How very often you see a girl who says, I like tall, blonde, mascular guys with blue eyes, but 30 minutes goes home with a short, skinny dark haired dude, who just swept her off her feet with charm, and wit? Logic does not apply in this scnenario, and trying to logicaly resolve it, is a waste of time.

And just so you know, if you want to attract women, you must stop thinking in negative tones. Instead of saying "I cant attract any of these women" choose to say "look at all these ladies, who have no idea what they are missing". Think of yourself as the prize, by highlighting your positive and highly desired traits, whichim sure you have plenty of. Its a choice you can make, and you are in full control of the level of success you have with women. Its the truth.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:14 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,393,997 times
There's always that chance no matter if someone says no... unless the person in mind does something to cross that line and trust can never be gained quite back the same again.

I'm one to think that anything is possible, except for a breech of trust.

Once it's gone, so can the attraction..

So no, you aren't whining. Keep your head up, and maybe one day, you'll be surprised.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,080,515 times
So it's not always true but it's almost always true that a woman knows in the first five minutes of meeting a guy if she would sleep with him or not. And once she's decided it's damn near impossible for her to change her mind. Physical attraction is important to almost everyone. Do you want someone who settles for you just because you treat them nice? That's like being in a relationship with your sibling. Don't you want someone who adores you?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,363,388 times
i wonder the same thing. there's no forgiving
for some people. they keep a chip on their
shoulder, and just wait for the first chance
for you to say something wrong, not even do
something wrong.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,015,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
So it's not always true but it's almost always true that a woman knows in the first five minutes of meeting a guy if she would sleep with him or not.
You've got to be joking.

All of my female friends would say you are wrong.

Almost all of them. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't be friends with me.

God ... even as negative as I am, I know you are DEAD wrong on that. The majority, maybe. Almost all. No way. If I thought that were true, I'd kill myself today. I really would.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:33 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,080,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
You've got to be joking.

All of my female friends would say you are wrong.

Almost all of them. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't be friends with me.

God ... even as negative as I am, I know you are DEAD wrong on that. The majority, maybe. Almost all. No way. If I thought that were true, I'd kill myself today. I really would.
Not joking my friend. It can change, it hasn't always been true for me, but it's been almost always true with one exception. Why do you doubt that there is a woman who knows for sure she would sleep with you right off the bat? I'm not even saying that she is going to for sure do it...but I think most women decide pretty fast if the guy is dating material or going into the friend zone...it'll be interesting to see what women think on the other thread you posted. I may be wrong, but that's just been my own personal experience.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,015,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Not joking my friend. It can change, it hasn't always been true for me, but it's been almost always true with one exception. Why do you doubt that there is a woman who knows for sure she would sleep with you right off the bat? I'm not even saying that she is going to for sure do it...but I think most women decide pretty fast if the guy is dating material or going into the friend zone...it'll be interesting to see what women think on the other thread you posted. I may be wrong, but that's just been my own personal experience.
Because even if she would, I would not want to date someone who decides if they are going to enter a relationship with a man after 5 minutes of meeting him.

Are you aware that you could be throwing away the greatest person in the world just because he doesn't get you wet/hard?

Old 10-24-2012, 09:43 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,586,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Because even if she would, I would not want to date someone who decides if they are going to enter a relationship with a man after 5 minutes of meeting him.

Are you aware that you could be throwing away the greatest person in the world just because he doesn't get you wet/hard?
Thats almost all women on this globe. Its a perfectly normal and common thing and it isnt changing anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships