U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:16 AM

190 posts, read 118,562 times
Default Why do some good looking people struggle to get dates?

i don't understand this at all. i'm talking about people who are involuntarily single. I have both male & female friends who are good looking but are always single and complaining about how noone is interested in them.

Even on CD it's the same. I've only been here a few months but i'm amazed at the number of people who are actually good looking in their profile pictures but can't seem to get dates to save their lives. What's the problem? Why is it so hard for you? I've heard older people say they can't understand why it's so hard for people now days to get dates now. Something's wrong. I've always thought if you're good looking then its easy & there's no reason why you should still be single.

someone explain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 07:24 AM

17,410 posts, read 16,060,492 times
Not bashing but even good looking people can be no personality, narcissistic or crazy and as we get older we are able to recognize bad traits in people. There are also those beautiful people who others are afraid or intimidated to approach.

Some (not all) of the most beautiful women I've ever been with have zero bedroom skills or personality. They've relied too much on their looks and never developed other good traits.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 AM

7,952 posts, read 4,344,163 times
They have a crappy personality?

Their entitled, judgmental attitudes are completely obvious to strangers?

They whine about being Indian/short/uneducated /jobless and have a huge chip on their shoulders?

They believe getting laid is their reward for being "nice" (e.g. not overtly abusive or mean) to others?

They are dumb and dull as a box of hair?

Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 AM

2,392 posts, read 3,203,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
They have a crappy personality?

Their entitled, judgmental attitudes are completely obvious to strangers?

They whine about being Indian/short/uneducated /jobless and have a huge chip on their shoulders?

They believe getting laid is their reward for being "nice" (e.g. not overtly abusive or mean) to others?

They are dumb and dull as a box of hair?
What if they're none of those things you mentioned? OP, environmental factors can certainly play a roll.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 AM

1,457 posts, read 754,937 times
People have already said it, but personality is either complete crap or equivalent to a Brillo pad.

They have standards (whether justifiable or not) that are through the roof.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 AM

7,952 posts, read 4,344,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
What if they're none of those things you mentioned? OP, environmental factors can certainly play a roll.
Sure. There is some sort of toxic "don't date me" gas hovering around attractive people who can't get laid. Someone call the EPA.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:09 AM

3,056 posts, read 1,326,686 times
Truly good looking people (particularly good looking women) do not struggle to get dates.

They may however, suck at getting to the relationship point and/or maintaining one.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:10 AM

20 posts, read 29,449 times
Wow, lots of members put emphasis on looks in this forum. I'm sorry that some of my posts started out that way.

Ugh....why do some good looking people struggle to get dates? Easy. They have no personality, no self esteem, or they think they're too good. Looks isn't everything. I'm probably one of the few who don't find Brad Pitt attractive. Sure, he's handsome, but once I've seen his interviews, he does not have much of a personality. I would prefer a man with a great personality and ok looks.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM

12,299 posts, read 6,703,838 times
They are human just like everybody else.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:15 AM

1,349 posts, read 574,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
They are human just like everybody else.
Exactly they got there positives and negative just like everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships