Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2012, 12:27 PM

170 posts, read 206,054 times

Advertisements

First I must admit that this is the first/only relationship forum that I have ever been to, so please excuse me if I don't seem to fit right in or if I ask a question that you think has been answered a thousand times as I have looked through the boards and see similar type threads, though not necessarily my questions...

I have been reading through these forums, and it seems that many people look for chemistry when they meet someone, so I was wondering what people consider to be chemistry...

Is chemistry and physical chemistry/attraction the same thing when pertaining to a first meet?

Would chemistry be based on physical attraction, being in the right place at the right time, the heat of the moment and/or such? What am I missing here?

Does your 'mood' at the time affect/influence your perception of chemistry?

Does the environment or ambiance affect chemistry?
A lady meets a guy in a high end store, both are dressed up nicely, and they start a conversation over whatever; same people meet in a convenience store, she is dressed casual and he is a bit scruffy due to helping repair something for his friend, do you think that the same chemistry result in both scenarios is possible? ...probable?

Do you feel that chemistry honestly has more to do with physical aspects rather than personality?
Anyone can feel a bit ill, have a bad day, be under extenuating circumstances, out of their typical element, running late, an endless amount of reasons for a person to not be their typical self, which would influence their 'perceived at the moment' personality, would this have an effect on the chemistry?...

Have you personally ever experienced a change in chemistry? Let's say you ran into a guy at a casual place and didn't really 'feel chemistry', then you ran into the same person a month or two later at a formal place and he cleaned up rather nice,...do you believe that the chemistry would be the same?

Have you ever met someone and felt chemistry only later to ask yourself what were you thinking? IOW, has chemistry not worked out for you before? Has it changed? Was the change better or worse?

Can chemistry be simply defined as attraction? ...attraction and xyz?

TIA for your thoughts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Well there is "physical" chemistry and "emotional" chemistry in my book.

Either or both or none can happen with anyone at any time.

Physical chemistry: attraction based on looks (this can be subjective, sometimes, someone doesn't fit "type" but you'll still be sexually attracted to them. And other times they will fit type and it won't work. It is the Je ne sais quoi.
Emotional chemistry: attraction based on personality/attitude/commonalities

I have had chemistry with all sorts of people. Some have turned in to something. Some turned into nothing and others were fleeting moments.

Chemistry is really the "spark" that helps you make the decision on whether you want to get to know that person more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships