Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 06:10 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times

Advertisements

I met mine through a mutual friend. Neither of us wanted a relationship and we were really attracted to each other so we thought why not. Somewhere along the way the lines just got really blurry. He would hold my hand, we would go out on "dates" and I really liked him even when we weren't engaging in the benefits part of the relationship. I wanted a relationship and he still didn't so we ended things. I guess FWB works for some people but I learned it doesn't work for me. I get emotionally attached to the people I'm intimate with no matter how hard I try not to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 06:11 PM

331 posts, read 734,938 times
I've had a few, usually it's me dating the lady, but we don't see ourselves as a couple..but she enjoyed sleeping with me, so she'll come over occasionally for some fun. It peters out after a while

Old 10-24-2012, 06:29 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,753 times
Mine evolved from a friendship to a FWB then back to friendship then to lovers to strangers. Yeah.

Anyway, it evolved really because of the friendship that person and I had. You know those friends that everyone swears is dating even when the two of them are actually in a platonic relationship? That was us until we started getting handsy (and even then it took about a year to get to that point). The other person was actually already used to, and preferred, casual relationships because they're a commitment-phobe and I fell into because I was increasingly curious (and a virgin) and they were the only person I would ever think of engaging in a relationship like that with.

I don't think I would pursue another FWB in the future, though. I have learned that I prefer committed relationships and am prone to catching feelings since I can't have sex without them. It's just safer for me to go all or nothing.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:36 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,953,883 times
I had one that was going all right until his ex-gf came back into the picture. No, I am not into 3somes so that ain't going to happen.

And I ran, I ran so far away.

Friends > Lovers > Nada

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM

701 posts, read 1,562,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
I had one that was going all right until his ex-gf came back into the picture. No, I am not into 3somes so that ain't going to happen.

And I ran, I ran so far away.

Friends > Lovers > Nada
Thankfully you got away.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM

170 posts, read 206,026 times
So, it seems that most knew what they were doing and gave it a willing shot...

Whatever works for you as everyone is different...

Thanks for your responses!

Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 PM

170 posts, read 206,026 times
Hey JrzDefector,
Let me clarify 1 thing on the m-ps. No polish, ...well she has thrown on a clear coat if black tie or if I am not paying attention...
Usually it is cut nails, cuticles, buff nails, deep rub sugar onto skin, often an epsom salt soak for feet while she is doing hands, massage and rub with lotion...

(And to confess, she has shaved my entire body with a straight razor when I have fallen asleep while she is trimming up around pookie and the huevos, and I mean chest, stomach, arm pits, thighs, huevos! And I will add that hair is definitely a lubricant! They stick to your leg like glue if they are shaven! )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships