Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
If you're attractive and have a pleasant personality, I don't understand how going from 1 place to another is going to make a huge difference
It just isn't that simple. She's been working her city for years, and nothing's clicked. To an extent, it's a numbers game, and she's running out of numbers in Denver. The SF Bay Area is a HUGE dating pool, a lot of interesting activities going on, extremely diverse in every way. NYC is the same. I don't know about Chicago, but it seems diverse.

Contrast those liberal areas with the Bible Belt. No contest. End of story. And then there's the gloom of Seattle and Portland. Fuggedaboutit. Geography really can make a difference.

On the other hand, she may not have explored all the possibilities in her town, as previously suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 10:41 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,137 times
Quote:
Ahh, that makes more sense

Still most white guys I know nowadays are open to dating a nice black girl who is of similar culture. Most white guys I know are only turned off by black women who act in that stereotypical ghetto culture. OP is clearly intelligent and well spoken so I don't understand why that would be an issue
Yeah, but depending on where you reside, the white guys might never approach you, even if they are open.
In certain places I've lived in, I've found the white guys to be very shy, even if they are attracted to you. In other places, they are more aggressive, forward. It's regional. Also, I found that white guys are a lot bolder online than in real life.

Quote:
Ahh, that makes more sense

Still most white guys I know nowadays are open to dating a nice black girl who is of similar culture. Most white guys I know are only turned off by black women who act in that stereotypical ghetto culture. OP is clearly intelligent and well spoken so I don't understand why that would be an issue
Yeah, and the OP is really cute, appealing across the board, assuming a liberal population base. She said in her other thread that the White guys she's been with at all end up treating her like dirt. That indicates a conservative mentality. To put it politely.

20,048 posts, read 18,297,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It just isn't that simple. She's been working her city for years, and nothing's clicked. To an extent, it's a numbers game, and she's running out of numbers in Denver. The SF Bay Area is a HUGE dating pool, a lot of interesting activities going on, extremely diverse in every way. NYC is the same. I don't know about Chicago, but it seems diverse.

Contrast those liberal areas with the Bible Belt. No contest. End of story. And then there's the gloom of Seattle and Portland. Fuggedaboutit. Geography really can make a difference.

On the other hand, she may not have explored all the possibilities in her town, as previously suggested.

Spot on! Bravo, Ruth4Truth!!

Old 10-24-2012, 10:42 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Yeah, but depending on where you reside, the white guys might never approach you, even if they are open.
In certain places I've lived in, I've found the white guys to be very shy, even if they are attracted to you. In other places, they are more aggressive, forward. It's regional. Also, I found that white guys are a lot bolder online than in real life.

So why not approach them yourself? It's 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I am not saying you're wrong, I just think it's a little escapist to automatically assume going somewhere else will make a huge difference

It's like the guy who works somewhere who always thinks that another company will treat him much better...goes to that other company and receives the same treatment overall. A lot of life is what you make of it

Old 10-24-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
So why not approach them yourself? It's 2012
Because a man must approach a woman.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
I am not saying you're wrong, I just think it's a little escapist to automatically assume going somewhere else will make a huge difference
Sure. And I think there are venues in her town she can, and should, try, still. And she made a point about leaving her friends, her support group, behind if she were to move, and that she wasn't all that impressed with the Bay Area. Hm. So, she'll be staying put for now, and trying to work some new angles. Also good.

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
I disagree with this moving business.

If she wants to move, she should move. She shouldn't move because she thinks that'll magically cure her problem.

The simplest reasoning is usually correct. Which is more likely? Something is wrong with everyone she dates or something is wrong with her.

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacelilies View Post
Because a man must approach a woman.

Based on what?

That's like saying women must earn less than men because they're not as competent

Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:

It's like the guy who works somewhere who always thinks that another company will treat him much better...goes to that other company and receives the same treatment overall. A lot of life is what you make of it

I don't think so. In fact, I know it's not escapist.
States in the U.S. are different not just culturally, but demographically and if you are in a place where your brand of beauty is considered desirable, you'd have a lot more dating opportunities than one where it is the opposite.

The thing is that the OP needs to do her research, pick a state and then move. Even if it's for a year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships