Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2012, 04:58 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times

Advertisements

.... another needless and boring thread wherein some will say yes, some will say no and some will say it depends on the people. How many times must we endure these lame posts?

Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I think if you compare men with women, as general percentages, then I would agree with you
There you go.

Quote:
But there are tons of women that absolutely love sex (I am one of them) and there are many men that could take it or leave it. You can't paint every person with the same brush.
Exactly. There are always small exceptions to the rule. Also, women saying "I want sex often" doesn't necessarily mean the same when a man says "I want sex often". A man saying "I do house chores at home" will not mean the same if you ask his wife if she agrees with what her husband just said.

Quote:
As to your question about rejection....are you talking about purely on the basis of having sex? If so, then no, I have never been rejected for that.
I have asked that before and many have said they have never been rejected. Then again, I wonder how many won't admit it as men are supposed to always want sex and it can be a hit to women's ego for others to find out she has been rejected something men are supposed to always want: sex.

Quote:
If you are talking about on the basis of simply dating someone, yes, I have expressed interest in someone, and had that person say no-thanks.
For that many women won't know if they have really been rejected unless they do what guys do which is walk up to that person, ask them for their #, ask them out, and have the guy say NO. But maybe that would be another long topic.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I agree there may be some women out there that may complain about not having sex in their relationship but we can’t really say women complain about not having sex as often as men.

Sure, there are guys that are workaholics and may neglect spending time with the family. Women may complain that he’s not around much but not necessarily a need for sex. If we are going to use Hollywood as an example I am sure there are many more movies that show men who live in sexless marriages but I am not sure if using Hollywood as an example is good.

A man rejecting sex raises everybody’s eyebrows and “something has to be wrong with that man” but if it is the woman who rejects sex, no big deal. Why? Because women rejecting sex, not needing sex as often, etc. is seen as your everyday thing. That is why when a woman shares that her man rejected sex she is told that her man is homosexual, having an affair, must have an illness, is a terrible spouse, etc. But when it’s the other way around the man is told to look at himself as he must be the problem and should respect his woman’s decision to not have sex.
Sometimes I wonder where you get your "information" from.

First of all - my husband once rejected my advances for sex because he was working on a puzzle. I was devastated. There - are you happy now? A woman admitted she has been rejected. Will you stop saying that it never happens and that women never admit it now? Probably not.

Secondly - when my girlfriends have complained in the past about dating guys with a low libido - homosexuality, affairs, illnesses, terrible spouse - these things NEVER crossed our lips. NEVER. Where do you get this stuff from?

Thirdly - in reference to one of your other posts - women who like sex a lot are in the very small minority? Is this your personal experience? Because I know that most of my girlfriends and I all have pretty high sex drives.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
If women desired sex as much as men, the world would be a huge orgy. No one would be productive since they wouldn't have any motivation to be productive. As the great Dave Chappelle once said "if men could live in a cardboard box, and still bang girls, they would do it"

Old 10-25-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
If they had the same desires, why do gay guys have much more sex than lesbians despite the risks?
In an heterosexual relationship men are the ones who normally get rejected when it comes to sex. Sure sure, there are some women out there that may get rejected sex every once in a blue moon compared to men. But imagine, if men are normally the ones who take initiative in sex (and other things in the relationship for that matter) imagine pairing up two men. Do the math…more sex, less headaches, less drama. Women have agreed around here that men are easier when it comes to sex, less selective, always ready, etc. You have your exceptions there as well, myself included.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
L.A. Story (where the woman liked sex more than the guy):
Through a social setting, I knew a highly neurotic Jewish girl and a jolly, laid-back Jewish guy. They were never meant to be more than friends, but ended up in the sack during their first date. As they were in the middle of the deed, she blurted out "I love you." She was very needy and, if sex is what it took, then that's what it took. He slowed down, zipped up, and left. It was awkward to have them in the same room after that.
Are you suggesting that she didn't actually like sex but just used it to get love?

Some people get emotional during sex, but yeah, saying I love you during first date sex is a bit much.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:44 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Its individual. I have a much higher sex drive than my husband, much to my chagrin.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Are you suggesting that she didn't actually like sex but just used it to get love?

Some people get emotional during sex, but yeah, saying I love you during first date sex is a bit much.
I know it sounds sweet and something that make people go “aaaaaw” but who in their right mind believes that taking off your panties and opening your legs will automatically make a person love you right there on the spot? Of course people get emotional but that it takes time for a relationship to get from infatuation puppy love thrill to LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:54 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,106 times
Quote:
Also, women saying "I want sex often" doesn't necessarily mean the same when a man says "I want sex often".
Sorry, this is nonsense.

Some women have an inexhaustable sexual capacity (notice I said "SOME" women). Males emphatically DO NOT. I don't care if the guy is 17, at the height of his sexual capacity and horny as hell, he's not capable of having as many orgasms as a woman.

Period.

There's no arguing the point.

So who gives a damn that some desperate 25 year old dude has a "higher sex drive" than their female partner? He can have 20 orgasms a night?

Um.... NEGATIVE.

P.S. Now let's anxiously wait for the 40 year old virgins who chime in, "I can *** 61 times an hour!"

ZZZZZZZZZZZ..............

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,873,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
Sorry, this is nonsense.

Some women have an inexhaustable sexual capacity (notice I said "SOME" women). Males emphatically DO NOT. I don't care if the guy is 17, at the height of his sexual capacity and horny as hell, he's not capable of having as many orgasms as a woman.

Period.

There's no arguing the point.

So who gives a damn that some desperate 25 year old dude has a "higher sex drive" than their female partner? He can have 20 orgasms a night?

Um.... NEGATIVE.

P.S. Now let's anxiously wait for the 40 year old virgins who chime in, "I can *** 61 times an hour!"

ZZZZZZZZZZZ..............
20 in a night? Sounds like a challenge I'd be willing to partake in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships