Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 12:42 PM

102,209 posts, read 107,859,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Men apparantly get a free pass to act like uncontrollable horndogs. Who's telling guys "don't grope women", "don't make women uncomfortable", "don't be a sexual predator", "Don't get so drunk that you can't control yourself"? "Boys will be boys" just doesn't cut it as a valid excuse anymore.
Wow! This is a huge point! A whole thread, a whole magazine/blog article, a whole movement, could be based on this.

The bolded reminds me of the member who recently posted that he "rubs one out" in class and in bathrooms throughout the day, every day. LOL!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You've got to get really good at the sneaky side eye. Only a very small subset of men can pull off the blatant stare anyway. It usually comes across as scuzzy.
lol I'm not that good of a ninja. I might be really good at sneaking and hiding things all ninja'like, but having a sneaky side eye isn't going to work since I've got glasses!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
lol I'm not that good of a ninja. I might be really good at sneaking and hiding things all ninja'like, but having a sneaky side eye isn't going to work since I've got glasses!
Sunglasses are the perfect subterfuge, as I'm sure you've discovered.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:51 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is all too true. If cops can get away with it, even when subjected to a trial with video evidence, anyone can get away with it.

You never know. This guy was caught and arrested because of his online activities.

NYC police officer charged in plot to kidnap, torture and cook women he found on database - The Washington Post

So yeah, the OP should go make his little blog and start his little movement. It will be easy to find him that way.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Sunglasses are the perfect subterfuge, as I'm sure you've discovered.
I can't wear sunglasses unless I wear them seperate. Glasses are too big!

Old 10-27-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You never know. This guy was caught and arrested because of his online activities.

NYC police officer charged in plot to kidnap, torture and cook women he found on database - The Washington Post

So yeah, the OP should go make his little blog and start his little movement. It will be easy to find him that way.
acckkk. I saw that article. I was referring to the NYC article where a couple of cops "helped" a drunk woman back to her apartment, then helped themselves to her several times on return visits, all captured on surveillance video. The judge ruled in their favor.

Old 10-27-2012, 12:55 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Nobody agrees with the OP. Not even the men here think it's rational to want to protest for sex. I doubt he will find anyone that he knows offline that would agree with that kind of lunacy. Should that not clue him into the fact that his wants are wrong?
What I think is funny is that people were telling him to join the Taliban and were posting ridiculous men's rights blogs to show the OP how unhinged and irrational he sounds, and he was sincerely all, "Thanks for the advice! Maybe I should move to the Middle East and start a political movement to force women to have sex!"

Old 10-27-2012, 01:03 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,180,896 times
Quote:
Just because a guy has issues and can't get a girlfriend, we shouldn't have to be subjected to repetitive and hostile threads.
Maybe the OP should consider moving to an area where women dress more conservatively. Seattle, for example. Or Montana. Everyone dresses in down jackets and looks like the Michelin Tire Man in winter. That'll work.

Subjected? Don't read them if you don't like. Nobody is forcing you.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
So, OP? What you're really railing against is behavior you cannot possibly control.

Only thing you can control is yourself.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

That is scary as all hell and while extreme it's an example that freaks flock to the internet because they cannot express their desires and plans any where else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What I think is funny is that people were telling him to join the Taliban and were posting ridiculous men's rights blogs to show the OP how unhinged and irrational he sounds, and he was sincerely all, "Thanks for the advice! Maybe I should move to the Middle East and start a political movement to force women to have sex!"
He actually said that? If so, that's going to change the game here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships