Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 11:12 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I agree. I actually think a lot of these guys are just trolling for attention. After all, negative attention is still attention. They get a kick out of riling women up online because that's all they can get. In real life women shun them like the modern day lepers that they are.
Seeing as this is directed towards me, it is the truth in my case. Like I said in the op...Very few girls like me...I'm not likeable apparently. So, I'm over it. I'm making peace with it. I'm not changing...so, I'll just have to deal with it.

And of the girls that have shown interest...I've just never seen a future with them. Except the one...

It's why I'm pretty sure I'm dying alone. Being unwilling/unable to chase girls around in order to make them like me...being too stubborn to change who I am to attract girls that I might actually like (because they won't like me...just the me I show them...and I could show them a me that isn't me...which isn't good for me or them)...and not liking the girls I do attract.

I'll probably end up alone, if not, then, I'll do one...though I can't lower myself to the level of having another human judge me....I'll never do two...and three is the old standby option...but it's boring. Maybe someone new will come along...

But, I'm growing more jaded so I'm just like...."whatever, I'll be crazy snake guy"....

Attention? Yes, I love it. It's why I'm on an online forum talking through a screen to strangers I'll never meet when I could be outside with real live people. I've decided real people suck and that people online are the only sorts of people worthy of my thoughts...

(It's actually a good medium to organize your thoughts with interactive feedback...like a journal you can share with people that'll have no real world consequences...that way people in my actual life don't have to constantly go through all my moods with me. It's good because they typically don't have the option...whereas I'm not forcing anyone to reply to me here....though I absolutely very much appreciate it...

That's generally how I use the forum...

Very few places like it online...if it were me, I'd be thinking about how to monetize this service....but I'm too lazy to actually do it myself...lol)

Last edited by dub dub II; 10-28-2012 at 11:22 AM..

Old 10-28-2012, 11:35 AM

37,611 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II I View Post
I thought maybe you were seeing as you seemed to know more about my internal affairs than I did.

Also, my moms effing awesome...you could only ever dream of being a fraction of how awesome she is.

It's not a knock on you...it's just that she really is/was an excellent mother. Worked hard and provided for us all by herself. Never complaining...meanwhile we were brats a lot of the time.
You are such a child.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:40 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
OP, the biggest turn off is your negative attitude honestly.

Everyone has stuff wrong with them.

And everyone has different people they click with.

iIN your post you have already written off the 2 current main ethnic groups in the US because you don't get along with them for some reason. Give it another year, and then you'll chime in with that you can't get along with Latinos and Asians for some reason or another.

That attitude is pretty defeatist, you have already decided you will strike out before you have even started the game.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:56 AM

120 posts, read 211,758 times
I am very very much like you because I also cannot get the attention of the women I want.

What I think is that genetics and evolution just screwed some of us over really hard.

But hopefully in the future everyone will be a Cyborg (you know part man-part machine or even completely machine) so physical attraction, extreme suffering and male aggression will not pose a trouble anymore to anyone.

Old 10-28-2012, 01:34 PM

264 posts, read 309,028 times
Your mom must be so proud of raising a son who doesn't like to bathe. Good job, lady!

Old 10-28-2012, 02:12 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,924 times
Lol, who likes to bathe?

Someone should invent a sort of machine that you sit in for 30 seconds or so that takes care of everything (shower/bath/teeth/deoderant/hair/drier etc) for the day....instead of the 45 minutes it ususlly takes me. It's such a waste of time...I only do it because, ironically, my mom brainwashed me into thinking bathing everyday is the norm...

Didn't french royals not bathe for years at a time? We should bring that back...

Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
Lol. You are funny.

Quit isolating yourself than. Start talking to people. You live in a country? Cave?

Nobody is perfect. Make that 99.99%

You are rejecting yourself in every way you can think of. You are a joker!

Quit being poor then.

Lazy? Why? Quit complainin and being rude.

Your race has nothing to do with this.

Don't be so sensitive.

You have long ways to go dude. Start working on yourself first.

You would be lucky to even a friend as a guy.

Why should a girl like you?

Quote:
I just get the sense that it'll never happen for me.

Why?

I'm an isolationist...I don't talk to a lot of people...let alone girls that I find attractive. I can go days without talking to anyone...and I like living in places where there's no one around for miles...
I'm a perfectionist...if she isn't close to perfect, or working towards that end, I lose interest.
I can never make up my mind. Even if there were two girls who were interested in me and I liked them both, I wouldn't be a able to decide. It's like I have this conception that she must be the only one for me..meant for me..which just isn't the way the world works.
My standards are too high...very few people I've ever met meet them. So far, just one...and I chickened out.
I chicken out...I guess, I'm not ready.
I'm poor. Explains itself.
I'm lazy. Don't like working...favorite thing to do is sit and do nothing..
I'm unreasonable...I like things the way I like them..
I need to be cajoled into doing anything...seriously, I won't even do the dishes unless someone is yelling at me.
I always think I'm right...I don't understand people who don't.
I complain a lot.
I'm rude...not to people's faces..but behind their backs...
I'm black....and I don't get along with black women.
I'm white...which white people don't agree with. Their loss..
I'm overly sensitive...I tend to get angry at things easily.
I get frustrated at myself and go into week long moods...snapping at everyone.
In short, I don't like many people (and many girls) and I'm not too likeable myself (even I can barely tolerate me...).

So, it's like, I'll die alone I guess...it's sad but you are who you are...what can you do?

Can't change who you are...

Old 10-28-2012, 02:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
This is an interesting topic.

At least he's apparently honest with himself.

Part of me wants to die alone. At the same time, I don't see that happening.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:55 PM

817 posts, read 853,186 times
Quote:
I just get the sense that it'll never happen for me.

Why?

I'm an isolationist...I don't talk to a lot of people...let alone girls that I find attractive. I can go days without talking to anyone...and I like living in places where there's no one around for miles...
I'm a perfectionist...if she isn't close to perfect, or working towards that end, I lose interest.
I can never make up my mind. Even if there were two girls who were interested in me and I liked them both, I wouldn't be a able to decide. It's like I have this conception that she must be the only one for me..meant for me..which just isn't the way the world works.
My standards are too high...very few people I've ever met meet them. So far, just one...and I chickened out.
I chicken out...I guess, I'm not ready.
I'm poor. Explains itself.
I'm lazy. Don't like working...favorite thing to do is sit and do nothing..
I'm unreasonable...I like things the way I like them..
I need to be cajoled into doing anything...seriously, I won't even do the dishes unless someone is yelling at me.
I always think I'm right...I don't understand people who don't.
I complain a lot.
I'm rude...not to people's faces..but behind their backs...
I'm black....and I don't get along with black women.
I'm white...which white people don't agree with. Their loss..
I'm overly sensitive...I tend to get angry at things easily.
I get frustrated at myself and go into week long moods...snapping at everyone.
In short, I don't like many people (and many girls) and I'm not too likeable myself (even I can barely tolerate me...).

So, it's like, I'll die alone I guess...it's sad but you are who you are...what can you do?

Can't change who you are...

You could start by not acting like a 12 year old girl.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:59 PM

571 posts, read 1,200,941 times
Kudos to you for being honest w/yourself and recognizing your flaws.

That being said, you can sometimes surprise yourself. I went through a phase where I LOVED being alone. I went everywhere by myself, I read a lot, filled my days with stuff to the point that I didn't really feel I needed anyone. And I kind of didn't. I'd turn down invitations to go out all the time.

After about a year, I moved and really clicked with some people and went back to being the social butterfly I was in college. I had a great time. I still loved doing stuff on my own during weekends but I didn't automatically turn down invites to do stuff.

My point is, give yourself room for new things. Nothing is written in stone.

You may end up clicking with someone who isn't perfect - but it sounds like you'd have to spend time with them and click on more than a physical level.

Not sure how old you are, but you sound very inexperienced. Allow yourself to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships