Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 05:05 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,606,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
True, but, almost any guy can have a ripped, gym body, a good haircut, and good wardrobe. As I have posted here countless times. Unless you have the face of Elephant Man, you can indeed, as Arnold's old ads said, "muscle up and make out".

Don't tell me it won't work, I did it.
or a down syndrome face too, that can be just as bad as the elephant man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 06:22 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
it affects men way more than women obviously
Interesting observation.

Why do you say that? Because the man's maturation process can, and often does, take longer than a woman's?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Interesting observation.

Why do you say that? Because the man's maturation process can, and often does, take longer than a woman's?
because men are expected to do the approaching, making the first move, asking out, initiating things, so social-skills, conversation-skills are far more important for men to have than women to have, well they just have to be better than the womans

Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I'm still coming out of my shell at age 24 and I'm behind like socially. It really sucks. It affects everything like talking business at work, dating, making friends, etc.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Most of the people who have problems(well big problems) in terms of dating and relationships when you find out about their life they were late bloomers or had zero experience period. You see that alot on here

Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I'm still coming out of my shell at age 24 and I'm behind like socially. It really sucks. It affects everything like talking business at work, dating, making friends, etc.
24 isn't so bad, because you are really coming into who you are and are going to be, by that age. If what they say is true, that a person's brain is not fully formed until approximately age 25, then you're not really behind. Sure, maybe you've missed some interactions as a teen/young adult, but the timing is right for you now that you are coming out of your shell. You're also aware of it, which is much better than being 34 and oblivious and in the same position you are right now.

Heck, from what I've read from you on here the past few months, you are making progress. Good for you!!

Old 11-21-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
24 isn't so bad, because you are really coming into who you are and are going to be, by that age. If what they say is true, that a person's brain is not fully formed until approximately age 25, then you're not really behind. Sure, maybe you've missed some interactions as a teen/young adult, but the timing is right for you now that you are coming out of your shell. You're also aware of it, which is much better than being 34 and oblivious and in the same position you are right now.

Heck, from what I've read from you on here the past few months, you are making progress. Good for you!!
and women just get it handed to them on a silver platter

Old 11-21-2012, 02:52 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post

Truly, I'd much rather have been a late bloomer. Don't regret my later year experiences, but, even though, I was consider wise for my years (um that's what college guys (tutors,) were telling me when I was 14/15. probably was one of those college men that gave me that advance reading on everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask . I digress. I sure as heck would prefer to have had time to develop mentally a better sense of self before branching out into the dating world.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Truly, I'd much rather have been a late bloomer. Don't regret my later year experiences, but, even though, I was consider wise for my years (um that's what college guys (tutors,) were telling me when I was 14/15. probably was one of those college men that gave me that advance reading on everything you ever wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask . I digress. I sure as heck would prefer to have had time to develop mentally a better sense of self before branching out into the dating world.
i would rather have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, i really want to have a first girlfriend as soon as possible just to get the experience, i would rather be in a bad relationship than not be in any relationship at all, i just want to get the monkey off my back and plus experience is the biggest teacher of all things

Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 PM

904 posts, read 1,382,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToHaveALife View Post
i would rather have loved and lost than to never have loved at all, i really want to have a first girlfriend as soon as possible just to get the experience, i would rather be in a bad relationship than not be in any relationship at all, i just want to get the monkey off my back and plus experience is the biggest teacher of all things
Believe me, you really don't want to have a bad relationship over no relationship. I understand your desire for experience, but a bad relationship can be completely soul-sucking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships