Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2012, 09:05 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I still don't understand how it's different. Are you saying because a one-night stand is not necessarily guaranteed that it is somehow more acceptable? Why would that be exactly?
Likely you don't understand how it's different because all that matters to you is intent while to me a ONS is situational because unlike prostitution it's not 'he goes and he gets laid'.

Bit curious as to why you are questioning if I'm saying a ONS is more acceptable as nowhere did I make any statements, suggestions, or implications about the acceptability of a ONS or prostitution. I was stating the differences to me seems possible you're doing a bit of projecting (?) or you lack reading comprehension.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:08 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Sounds like the difficulty you were having was the cold fact that you did not love each other. You can not expect good love making without love. Fall in love next time. People actually think that the feeling of sex is the feeling of love... Love and sex are two different things...combined they are heavenly - good luck my friend.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,356,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely the preying is the sl*t double standard often touted by guys as 'master key sh*tty lock', sl*t-shaming, and sex often being labeled as a guy getting some.

I highly doubt gals being jealous is why the gals on here don't want a guy who habitually frequents prostitutes. As nowhere did I see any statements, suggestions, or implications of such and nowhere did you provide any showing a gal being jealous.
I wasn't saying that women wouldn't date a guy who frequents prostitutes because they are jealous.

I was stating that women have a negative view (higher end) prostitutes because they are indeed jealous and that plays into them not wanting a guy who frequents them.

There are also legit reasons for not wanting to date a guy like that.Just like there are legit reasons for a women not wanting to date a particular guy in a generalized situation.

Many women are simply afraid that they're giving something up when they have sex. They're afraid of getting the raw end of the deal.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:10 PM

Woman do not date guys who frequent prostitutes because the guy is totally selfish and has nothing to offer.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Woman do not date guys who frequent prostitutes because the guy is totally selfish and has nothing to offer.
So a women shouldn't date any guy who's had a 1 night stand or pursued a girl simply to have sex with her?

If that was the criteria than a lot of women would have a hard time finding mates.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I wasn't saying that women wouldn't date a guy who frequents prostitutes because they are jealous.

I was stating that women have a negative view (higher end) prostitutes because they are indeed jealous and that plays into them not wanting a guy who frequents them.

There are also legit reasons for not wanting to date a guy like that.Just like there are legit reasons for a women not wanting to date a particular guy in a generalized situation.

Many women are simply afraid that they're giving something up when they have sex. They're afraid of getting the raw end of the deal.
I was stating that I highly doubt your notion is applicable here as I've seen no such statements, suggestions, or implications and you haven't provided such.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 PM

1,384 posts, read 2,345,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Likely you don't understand how it's different because all that matters to you is intent while to me a ONS is situational because unlike prostitution it's not 'he goes and he gets laid'.

Bit curious as to why you are questioning if I'm saying a ONS is more acceptable as nowhere did I make any statements, suggestions, or implications about the acceptability of a ONS or prostitution. I was stating the differences to me seems possible you're doing a bit of projecting (?) or you lack reading comprehension.

I was just trying to understand where you are coming from as someone made the argument that the intent is the same in a one night stand and finding a prostitute and you keep saying it's situational. I don't see how that makes them any different. You haven't really explained it either other than saying one is situational (ie not guaranteed).

Not sure where you see me projecting anything.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
So a women shouldn't date any guy who's had a 1 night stand or pursued a girl simply to have sex with her?

If that was the criteria than a lot of women would have a hard time finding mates.
If he has made a habit of this kind of behavior. If when he thinks of woman all he imagines is an object of pleasure and it does not matter what woman he derives pleasure from -then avoid such a shallow goof. One night stands happen gut a thousand one night stands are a way of life. You want someone who is looking for love...not just to blow his load.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
I was just trying to understand where you are coming from as someone made the argument that the intent is the same in a one night stand and finding a prostitute and you keep saying it's situational. I don't see how that makes them any different. You haven't really explained it either other than saying one is situational (ie not guaranteed).

Not sure where you see me projecting anything.
jade408 said an ONS was situational.
Kenneth-Kaunda said going to a bar looking for a ONS is also intent - so no difference here.
I said the difference is one can go to a bar without looking for a ONS and and it can happen as recall it's situational.

Where I was coming from was to me a ONS is situational as it's 'he can go looking to get laid and not get laid' and 'he can go not looking to get laid' while prostitution isn't situational as it's 'he goes to get laid and he gets laid'.

Again you likely don't see how that makes them any different because you stated all that should matter is intent while to me intent doesn't change that one is situational and the other isn't. Though it seems to me that you're overlooking that an ONS can occur without someone looking for it. (?)

I saw projecting with that 'are you saying ONS is more acceptable' when nowhere did I mention acceptability and I'm guessing I'm not getting an answer as to why you questioned me on that.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If he has made a habit of this kind of behavior. If when he thinks of woman all he imagines is an object of pleasure and it does not matter what woman he derives pleasure from -then avoid such a shallow goof. One night stands happen gut a thousand one night stands are a way of life. You want someone who is looking for love...not just to blow his load.
So most young men are looking for love?
Men's needs don't change over time?

An 18 or 20 year old kid is looking for love?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships