Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 09:29 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
One you pay for.
One you don't pay for.

What is so wrong in paying for sex?

I have to assume you mean BESIDES the fact that it is illegal?

Old 10-29-2012, 09:30 AM

190 posts, read 305,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
[/b]

I have to assume you mean BESIDES the fact that it is illegal?
It's not illegal everywhere.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 AM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
To be fair, almost no guy goes to the bar just to go to the bar. 98% of guys go to the bar with the hopes of getting laid.
This is true. It controls a man.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:37 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
The difference is one can go to a bar without looking for a ONS and it can happen as recall it's situational however prostitution is all intentional.
What is the difference between intentional versus being open for opportunity. Maybe the first time or two the guy wasn't looking for the ONS but after that you can bet he has it on his mind. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't.

For that matter, the same applies to prostitution. Maybe a business traveler visits the hotel lounge for a few drinks in the evening and is approached? She is attractive, the offer is reasonable, he has a room nearby, so why not he thinks. Doesn't mean he went in there with that primary objective. Of course, like with the ONS, after a time or two he'll be aware of the possibility and it all depends on the circumstances and whether he finds her attractive.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
It was a bad period in my life and I made some questionable decisions.
Maybe that's the case with the guy who had 20 prostitutes? Why is it that we each can view ourselves as a dynamically evolving person whose feeling s and behaviours at some point in our lives are not reflective of who we are now or will be tomorrow, but view others as static examples who will never change?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
What is the difference between intentional versus being open for opportunity. Maybe the first time or two the guy wasn't looking for the ONS but after that you can bet he has it on his mind. Maybe it happens, maybe it doesn't.

For that matter, the same applies to prostitution. Maybe a business traveler visits the hotel lounge for a few drinks in the evening and is approached? She is attractive, the offer is reasonable, he has a room nearby, so why not he thinks. Doesn't mean he went in there with that primary objective. Of course, like with the ONS, after a time or two he'll be aware of the possibility and it all depends on the circumstances and whether he finds her attractive.
Bit unsure why you're asking me what's the difference as nowhere did I make statements, suggestions, or implications regarding such. I was stating the difference between ONS (situational) and prostitution (intentional and commercial transaction) that's not stating the difference between situational and intentional. No different than stating the difference between airplanes and cars is one is land transportation and one is air transportation isn't an attempt to explain the differences between land transportation and air transportation.

Really unsure why you're telling me that prostitution may be situational as I already acknowledged that prostitution may be situational and ONS may be intentional however I'm talking about the overall. In my opinion prostitution overall is intentional and ONS overall is situational as I highly doubt most prostitution payments are as the business traveler in a lounge and just happens.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:33 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Maybe that's the case with the guy who had 20 prostitutes? Why is it that we each can view ourselves as a dynamically evolving person whose feeling s and behaviours at some point in our lives are not reflective of who we are now or will be tomorrow, but view others as static examples who will never change?
Bit curious as to where in that post did you get any statement, suggestion, or implication that she was viewing others as static examples who will never change. Possibly you're doing a bit of projecting there unless you're using a single comment from a post 7 pages back as a launching pad.

Though to answer your question maybe it is the case with the guy paying 20 prostitutes however it doesn't change what he did nor will it likely change a person's opinion. No different than maybe a rapist committed his 20 rapes during a bad period in his life however him evolving doesn't change his actions and many gals will likely not consider him for a partner regardless of who he is now.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:45 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I absolutely would not especially not with 20 of them. I know it's not as easy for guys to get sex as women, but seriously there is something desperate and pathetic about a guy who can only get laid if he pays her.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:49 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,918,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I absolutely would not especially not with 20 of them. I know it's not as easy for guys to get sex as women, but seriously there is something desperate and pathetic about a guy who can only get laid if he pays her.
Plenty of rich guys and celebs use hookers; and they aren't desperate.

Most guys use them because it allows one to get exactly what they want, when they want, how they want, and with little to no hassle involved. It allows a guy to get to the end result while cutting out the middle man, because at the end of the day, most guys just want to get laid.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM

190 posts, read 305,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Why do you think it's pathetic? That guy isn't deceiving anyone. He isn't leading a woman on. He isn't cheating on his wife/gf. He isn't telling a woman he loves her just to get in her panties. I don't see what is so bad about two adults having consensual sex with protection. Have you ever considered that some of these guys who do visit prostitutes are disabled or so badly deformed that no other woman would ever pay them attention?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships