Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You and Rabbit should have a "most hideous guy" competition.

Froggie, Frankenstein was hideous. You're merely average. And you can make women laugh! That's more than what a lot of guys have to say for themselves. You're just geographically challenged, that's all.
Yeah. personality comes after people like what you look like. Geographically challenged or not doesn't make a whole lot of difference, I have approached many varieties of women in the past and many women in general when I was looking, I was rejected every time in terms of dating potential because I wasn't attractive enough, period. Sure, I could have several single women friends, but I'd only be a friend to her so she could tell me about aaalll her troubles. I'm not doing that again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 03:16 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yeah. personality comes after people like what you look like. Geographically challenged or not doesn't make a whole lot of difference, I have approached many varieties of women in the past and many women in general when I was looking, I was rejected every time in terms of dating potential because I wasn't attractive enough, period. Sure, I could have several single women friends, but I'd only be a friend to her so she could tell me about aaalll her troubles. I'm not doing that again.
What I have found is that you won't even get to be friends or socialize with some women because of how you look.

So, the hot/bitchy/high maintenance women, I've never even really dealt with because of that. So all the women who have rejected me have been of the sweet/kind variety.

I've gone for and been rejected by every race and type within that varietal though.

I mean, I knew the world was shallow growing up, but it took me until full adulthood to realize it was THAT bad.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Attractiveness is something to consider but even though I'm considered to be attractive from most people I might of the opposite sex. That doesn't I mean I should reproduce. There is more to that than just looks.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
It's looking less likely like children are in the cards (and I was lukewarm on the idea anyway). But has anybody else considered adopting or not having children period.
Three things:
a) when I was filling out the FAFs or whatever they're called for college, I thought to myself "you know, it's cool if I don't have kids"
b) I made 35-ish my cut-off age for kids, adding the number of years it would take to get them through college
c) they really tire me out, sitting on the floor and being silly with them to entertain them, and then, fast forward, you're having to deal with them when they've got raging hormones

I'm more "glass is half full" on this issue, and other issues, too, that you should listen to your own inner voice and amalgamate other people's advice.

Sorry to hear about Sandy ...

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Um, no offense, but can you stop clobbering us with your low self-esteem? Seriously. It's like emotional abuse at this point. You're short, Asian and homely. We get it. Now get over it.

I'm not an amazing looker, though some men have found me beautiful. I get shot down all the time dating. And I don't give a rat's ass at this point in my life. I'm your age, and I've had an awesome time. I'm more than my looks. I've spent my life building up who I am, reading, learning, building relationships. At this point in time, I'm working on diet and exercise, not because I'm desperate to attract a man, but because I want to be healthy so that I can continue to enjoy the life that I'm living and take up new and interesting activities. I am never still. Moreover, I have a friend with fairly severe physical handicaps and a brilliant mind who openly acknowledges that she is not attractive (I think she's adorable, but I guess I'm biased) and yet tackles every day with a certain amount of zest, despite the fact that she is sometimes literally knocked on her tush with the pain of her health problems.

Yep. It's easier to be pretty. WHO THE EFF CARES? Do you really think that all unattractive people live pointless lives of misery and should just off themselves or something? because that's what it sounds like when one reads a bunch of your posts in quick succession.

I'll repeat the advice that I repeat ad nauseum on these boards: Work out. Cultivate an interesting hobby. Join some meetup groups. Volunteer. Extend yourself a bit without looking to get something in return. But honestly, I think your main problem is that you are a total downer. Get some help for the depression. And don't do it just because you want to get laid. Do it because you don't want your life to be the sucking void you portray it as.

I know this has nothing to do with your OP here, but you actually seem like a decent sort and I really think if you could just adjust your attitude you'd find yourself a lot more popular. I just think the venting here has become a crutch for you rather than therapeutic. And though I actually feel pretty friendly towards you, I'm going to block your posts because they are just too damn depressing.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:46 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,095,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Um, no offense, but can you stop clobbering us with your low self-esteem? Seriously. It's like emotional abuse at this point. You're short, Asian and homely. We get it. Now get over it.

I'm not an amazing looker, though some men have found me beautiful. I get shot down all the time dating. And I don't give a rat's ass at this point in my life. I'm your age, and I've had an awesome time. I'm more than my looks. I've spent my life building up who I am, reading, learning, building relationships. At this point in time, I'm working on diet and exercise, not because I'm desperate to attract a man, but because I want to be healthy so that I can continue to enjoy the life that I'm living and take up new and interesting activities. I am never still. Moreover, I have a friend with fairly severe physical handicaps and a brilliant mind who openly acknowledges that she is not attractive (I think she's adorable, but I guess I'm biased) and yet tackles every day with a certain amount of zest, despite the fact that she is sometimes literally knocked on her tush with the pain of her health problems.

Yep. It's easier to be pretty. WHO THE EFF CARES? Do you really think that all unattractive people live pointless lives of misery and should just off themselves or something? because that's what it sounds like when one reads a bunch of your posts in quick succession.

I'll repeat the advice that I repeat ad nauseum on these boards: Work out. Cultivate an interesting hobby. Join some meetup groups. Volunteer. Extend yourself a bit without looking to get something in return. But honestly, I think your main problem is that you are a total downer. Get some help for the depression. And don't do it just because you want to get laid. Do it because you don't want your life to be the sucking void you portray it as.

I know this has nothing to do with your OP here, but you actually seem like a decent sort and I really think if you could just adjust your attitude you'd find yourself a lot more popular. I just think the venting here has become a crutch for you rather than therapeutic. And though I actually feel pretty friendly towards you, I'm going to block your posts because they are just too damn depressing.
Yea.

You're right...

Old 10-29-2012, 03:47 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Attractive people don't always have attractive children and unattractive people don't always have unattractive children. Plus - attractiveness is not a reason to have or not have children. Our value and worth as human beings is not tied down to what we look like. There are plenty of successful, intelligent, happy individuals that do not look like George Clooney or Salma Hayek.
I think I did a thread like this under Parenting once. It was about ordinary looking kids born to attractive parents who then had to "hear about it" and unhealthily be compared to them.

This is true. When I worked in Atlanta, there was a manager who transferred onto our floor who kind of looked like Gregory Peck. His nickname, coined by the locals, was "Hollywood," and it was intended to be double-edged. He was incompetent and apparently the "good ole boy" system under which he came up shuffled him around to keep him employed. The guy who sat next to me had to go into his office and saw family pictures, and then made the comment "(Name of person)'s kids are really plain looking."

Therefore, there is no such thing as genetic engineering. Here we go again: the SoCal blonde who marries the matador type, expecting to recreate the same looks in their boys and girls, respectively, often finds that the looks of their offspring becomes "inverted."

Old 10-29-2012, 03:48 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
Quote:

If he would just think of all those homeless children in Africa who won't have anything to eat then he would cheer up. (I just wanted to use that line)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I think I did a thread like this under Parenting once. It was about ordinary looking kids born to attractive parents who then had to "hear about it" and unhealthily be compared to them.

This is true. When I worked in Atlanta, there was a manager who transferred onto our floor who kind of looked like Gregory Peck. His nickname, coined by the locals, was "Hollywood," and it was intended to be double-edged. He was incompetent and apparently the "good ole boy" system under which he came up shuffled him around to keep him employed. The guy who sat next to me had to go into his office and saw family pictures, and then made the comment "(Name of person)'s kids are really plain looking."

Therefore, there is no such thing as genetic engineering. Here we go again: the SoCal blonde who marries the matador type, expecting to recreate the same looks in their boys and girls, respectively, often finds that the looks of their offspring becomes "inverted."
I hope one day people can end up choosing the genes of their offspring. Better looking, stronger and smarter people. I think designer babies could be a positive for the human race. I also like the movie Gattaca.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:49 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
Quote:

OP, she's right. please stop making all these threads abt more or less the same issue.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
If he would just think of all those homeless children in Africa who won't have anything to eat then he would cheer up. (I just wanted to use that line)
LOL. I'm not giving up my Somalia mantra. It's pulled me out of more than one depression before I got in too deep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships