Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:19 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times

Advertisements

When I was a young guy- I had been in great shape- have been fat- have been skinny and back to fat and skinny again....Never did I have a problem with being an active lover during that time..woman wanted to be with ME....cos I was a cool and sexy dude- fat or skinny.....yep....I was the man!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2012, 09:23 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
when your thighs start to rub together then you know you are too fat..a bit of belly hanging over the belt is not bad...the moment you feel uncomfortable and awkward...you have better drop a few pounds.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:24 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,335 times
OP, romantically successful overweight guys typically have other positive qualities going for them (and more than a few women actually prefer bigger men). For example, many women are attracted to men - including those who are overweight - who know how to stimulate her mind in the right way. That simply requires having the right kind of personality that clicks with her. The brain is an important sexual organ. For those women, although they may have a preferred/ideal body type in men...looks aren't that high of a priority to them.

Furthermore, many overweight people know how to look presentable. Such people usually don't come across as gross at all to hardly anyone. Other overweight people just wear their weight well. Now if the person is 200+ pounds overweight i.e. very obese, that may be a different story.

Every woman has her own unique set of desires, preferences and priorities when evaluating male potentials, and that includes men's looks. Yes, many women who prioritize looks highly and prefer fit guys will flat-out NOT date overweight guys...but other women will. It's not like they're some sort of collective hive-mind that thinks the same way. Attraction doesn't exist in a vacuum.

I see overweight men and women out and about everyday here in the US, and many of them are coupled up and seem happy in their relationships. Usually the partner is also overweight, but not always...big "teddy bear" men coupled up with fit or thin women is pretty common. Dave NZ does have a good point though regarding some other parts of the world.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:25 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
when your thighs start to rub together then you know you are too fat..a bit of belly hanging over the belt is not bad...the moment you feel uncomfortable and awkward...you have better drop a few pounds.
My thighs have always touched, even when I was 125 lbs.
That's not exactly a good indicator of whether or not you're fat.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:28 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bson1257 View Post
One of the biggest mysteries to me is why a woman would go out with a guy that was fat. If a guy doesn't take care of himself then why would a woman ever go out with them? Wouldn't they rather go out with a guy that was fit?
Well, this gets my vote for Idiotic Thread of the Month.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Are you serious? Let me guess you must be fat?
Nope. I'm always working out. I'm in very good shape, actually.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
One of the biggest mysteries to me is why a woman would go out with a guy that was fat. If a guy doesn't take care of himself then why would a woman ever go out with them? Wouldn't they rather go out with a guy that was fit?
Maybe because, unlike you, not everyone thinks overweight people are just lazy sloths who choose not to take care of themselves.

Here's a news flash: most overweight people have tried to lose weight, over and over again. Many have succeeded, only to put the weight back on in time. Obesity is a complex medical condition, and people are overweight for a lot of different reasons. Besides, not everyone is as hung up on looks as you seem to be.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:42 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Fat guys can be hot. There's more to attraction, both physical and emotional, than the number on the scale.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:

Maybe they have lots of dates because they are good men who treat others well and they don't feel the need to live their lives to please others who are so judgemental because they do not fit into some of society's idea of "normal and acceptable".
Who knew someone who is overweight could actually have very good qualities as a human......

Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
She woud go out with him because she likes him for him. Not because he looks like Leonardo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships