Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Contrary to the Gospel of a handful of CD posters most men dont have a problem having a relationship with single moms. Sometimes I feel like I live on a different planet Earth than some of the posters here, but observation of life around me would indicated that single moms have LTR and even marry, imagine that.

I do agree that fewer 23 yr. olds male or female are ready for the responsibilities of parenthood compared to someone a bit older. I became a single mom at about your age and never had any problem finding men who wanted a serious relationship or marriage but I was not interested at that time. Those that are judgmental of all single mothers and apply such ridiculous absolutes aren’t really worth your time.
Its not about being responsible parents at the age of 23. Times have changed. Two generations ago adults at the age of 23 were ready to have famlies to some extent and a generation ago maybe. The problem is that two young adults in the 21st century are going to be together and be a family together, most likley no because people are living longer and thus no one wants to stay with the same partner forever and will probably trade up a couple to a few partners until the right one is found or if one chooses to settle whether or not kids are involved. IF any guy or gal wants to be parents so young expect them not to be together by age of 30. These days both men and women must be responsible with who they persue relationships with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Where do you live? Sounds like Ghettosville. When you have more then 1 half brother or sister and your mom or dad has never been married your parents are Ghetto. If your mom or dad has been married and you have still have more then 1 half brother or sister you must live in Southern Utah.
Where I'm for many youths the closest thing to a father might be an uncle. Ghetto or not! Sad reality.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:48 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Emily on the Bachelorette is an example of a really hot young single mom with a plethera of options. She won out on the Bachelor against 25 other single women. And then starred in her own Bachelorette.

Hot women are in rare supply. Men don't really care if you have a child, 10 children, or gave birth to a monkey recently. They will sit up, beg, and pursue a woman if she is hot.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:00 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Emily on the Bachelorette is an example of a really hot young single mom with a plethera of options. She won out on the Bachelor against 25 other single women. And then starred in her own Bachelorette.

Hot women are in rare supply. Men don't really care if you have a child, 10 children, or gave birth to a monkey recently. They will sit up, beg, and pursue a woman if she is hot.
They = weak men.

Hot on the outside doesn't mean squat when it comes to what is inside the heart.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:51 PM

470 posts, read 1,162,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post

Lol okay...you bringing this up makes as much since as some 60 year old dude thinking he could get some young tight 21 year old cause a movie star did it..

I think you options as a single mom depend on your situation, if you are hot with just one kid and no baby daddy drama (lets say dad is not in the picture)..then yeah you will still have a lot of options.

Men don't really care if a woman has 10 children if his intention with her is just to sleep with her/fwb situation, I know I don't..I'ts a whole diff. ballgame though if were are talking about something long term, if you don't think this is the case on average then I don't what to say lol...

Old 08-11-2013, 12:57 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
I just can't see a 23 yr old guy wanting to get involved with a woman with a couple of kids. You want to have fun at that age, go out and see the world, do stuff, not be tied down like that. I think if a guy is a few yrs older it might not matter as much, but 23 or so...... just too young to have to deal with that situation. Sounds harsh, but I think it's the hard reality.

The OP might get hit on a lot, but that surely isn't that same thing as a guy wanting to be there for the long haul.........

Old 08-11-2013, 03:42 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
To many men single moms are just for fun. Blunt yes but true. If I saw a man with out of wedlock children I would assume he's just looking for sex and if that was something I was looking for only then would I consider him. However since I am classy and not interested in sex before marriage he would just be someone to pity and possibly make fun of, same thing with a single mom.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:02 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerwoodsyall View Post
Lol okay...you bringing this up makes as much since as some 60 year old dude thinking he could get some young tight 21 year old cause a movie star did it..

I think you options as a single mom depend on your situation, if you are hot with just one kid and no baby daddy drama (lets say dad is not in the picture)..then yeah you will still have a lot of options.

Men don't really care if a woman has 10 children if his intention with her is just to sleep with her/fwb situation, I know I don't..I'ts a whole diff. ballgame though if were are talking about something long term, if you don't think this is the case on average then I don't what to say lol...

The moment they hit on her, she has no frggn clue if they are intending to bang her, or marry her.

Being a woman, she most likely assumes marriage.

Huge massive colossal mistake.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:41 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
I've seen it before. My cousin is a single mom, and the real issue, according to the guy she was seeing, is that he was afraid the kids would get to attached to HIM, then they'd break up, and he wouldn't know what to do - the kids would feel abandonment (again, since their father left), etc. if the relationship didn't work out.

I don't know if all guys think about that, but it's a possibility. If I were single and dating a single dad, I'd worry about that.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:48 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
I've seen it before. My cousin is a single mom, and the real issue, according to the guy she was seeing, is that he was afraid the kids would get to attached to HIM, then they'd break up, and he wouldn't know what to do - the kids would feel abandonment (again, since their father left), etc. if the relationship didn't work out.

I don't know if all guys think about that, but it's a possibility. If I were single and dating a single dad, I'd worry about that.
That's why it's important that the new GF/BF does not meet the kid/kids for a long time. I would not introduce any man to my son for at least 1 year and only then if things were going extremely well. If I had a single doubt he would not be involved in my sons life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships