Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 03:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Exactly! Last time I checked, men have no pressure to "keep up their looks" after middle age (or even age 35), so if you expect it to be death till we part, then you better find something else appealing besides a 6-pack.
Then it better be the same to men too because if a man expects me to keep up my looks he better do so as well. No way am I going to stay with a man who gets fat while expecting me to stay in shape. Then again I am not attracted to those types of men.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:28 PM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I am just stating a fact that many don't realize and that is women aren't going to date a man they don't find attractive. Sure attraction can grow in other ways but too many men believe the flat out LIE that women don't judge on looks. We do.
Frankly, it is refreshing to hear a woman who is honest about it.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 PM

But people aren't listening or are making excuses like "women will date a poor fat guy if he is nice". Actually, no I am not going to date a nice fat poor guy. I'll date an average nice guy who isn't obese and isn't rich but a poor fat guy? nope.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:37 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
But people aren't listening or are making excuses like "women will date a poor fat guy if he is nice". Actually, no I am not going to date a nice fat poor guy. I'll date an average nice guy who isn't obese and isn't rich but a poor fat guy? nope.
I guess now I can understand why people thought I was serious with my OP...

Old 11-14-2012, 03:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Frankly, it is refreshing to hear a woman who is honest about it.
Just because we feel differently, doesn't mean we aren't being honest, too.

Quote:
That isn't an excuse. Like I said before - just because YOU won't date someone who is overweight does not mean that other women will not. I have dated bigger guys before - they were really funny, talented, and intelligent. I found them very attractive. So just because YOU are repulsed by most men doesn't mean that the rest of us are. And I am being HONEST.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

But if you are attractive and thin then you are likely an exception. I don't know many women of average weight who would chose to date a fat man unless they were desperate or he was rich (and they were materialistic).

Old 11-14-2012, 04:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
But if you are attractive and thin then you are likely an exception. I don't know many women of average weight who would chose to date a fat man unless they were desperate or he was rich (and they were materialistic).
I think a lot of that depends on what type of a person you are. You and I are not the same type of person. Which is why I think leagues are a bunch of crap.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Fine then date men who are fat, I'll stick to the non fat types. However fat men need to stop contacting me to complain about fat women.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
Quote:
I'm average weight and the last two men who caught my attention were both overweight. One reminded me of my first crush from grade school and the other made me laugh and had dimples. I'm quite the sucker for dimples.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:08 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
Reluctantly, I have to agree with is.

Leagues definitely exist. I'm not sure why people want to sugar coat and pretend that anything is possible.

I dont either. May not be a politcally correct thing to say, but its true. Fat, ugly women will generally not be able to date well built, handsome men.

Short, fat, ugly balding men who are not rich or well off will generally not be able to date hot bodied, attractive women. So, if we do not wish to call this.."leagues" then what shall we call it then, so as not to be so..offensive?

Now, do the above examples happen sometimes?? Sure. But again, we are not talking about the two people you met in your life who happened to date sxomeone completely out of their range of looks, etc...etc. We are talking about things you USUALLY see. And a woman who looks like Rosanne Barr generally will not walk into a place..any place...a bar..grocery store..movie....park..etc and have guys who look like Brad Pitt trying to get her attention or wanting to date her. Come on people, you KNOW this. Not that it NEVER happens, its just rare. Now, you can attach any term to that you want if "league" offends you. But the bottom line its, whatever you call it, it exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships