Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 09:01 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Will you be grateful that you treated people like people...

Or will you be thankful that you got the best looking, most successful piece of meat you could snag that was within your league?
On the day I die? The first one

In the moment, the second one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
I think it is too late to worry about anything on the day you die, and there is always the possibility you won't even be able to think on that day. If you die in your sleep, I suspect your thinking will end about the same time your life ends. Now is the time to make things right in your life, if you haven't already, you may never get another chance..

Old 11-07-2012, 11:32 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,625 times
I'd be happy it's finally over

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM

61,706 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
One of those days huh? I'd advise against posting too much when you're in a really bleak mood, it gives people the wrong impression. I try to stay away from the forums when I have my bad days.

Not sure: are we supposed to post only about fun and happy things??

Old 11-08-2012, 01:21 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
I will be grateful that I lived it up and made as much money. Finally I stayed true to myself regardless that it was the unpopular style. Unmarried no children and did whatever the hell I wanted regardless of the consequences. Recklessness = freedom.

Old 11-08-2012, 02:51 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I think we all hope to die with no regrets.

I think we all hope we will have used our talents to the best of our ability.
I think we hope to die surrounded by good friends, family, and people we love... and no loose ends... nothing left unsaid. All unhealthy relationships either healed or fazed out.
I think we hope to have spread sunshine along the way and just leave the world in better shape than we found it.
I think we hope to leave a legacy of some kind. Some mark on the world.
I think we hope to have used all the contrast (negativity) thrown our way and turned it into something positive and grown from it.

My nephew, since he was little, was absolutely religious about telling you he loved you before he hung up the telephone and wouldn't dream of not saying it. They weren't hollow "I love you's" he would always say your name with it, made it personal and direct. My dog had to be put to sleep and he called me about it and was the only one who did because he was sensitive to animals like I am. The very last thing he said to me was, "I love you Aunt T." I got a phone call a week a later and he had died at the age of 20. He died with no regrets. He was kind to people and very loving and he gave me the gift of telling me he love me I will always hear in my head whenever I need it. He may have never have found the best piece of meat in his league, but he had something much better and will always be loved for his bright and sunshine personality and caring demeanor.

I don't ever carry cash, but ever since he died, I've been finding pennies in some real odd places. I was sitting on the floor tying my shoes and there was one sitting there. I don't know where it came from. I started finding them in my driveway, the grocery store, parking lots, even dug one up in the garden. I got in a car accident and survived and no one was injured and on the driver's seat I found a penny with his birth year on it - I put them all in a plastic baggy and when I went to visit my brother and sister in law last month, (they were finding them too) my SIL and I went down to the beach and started walking along the shore at sunset and dropping the pennies. We saw children and their families digging for shells and stuff where we were dropping them and I told her, "He would have liked this idea and he's smiling, by this time tomorrow all you'll here is 'Mommy, Mommy, look what I found!'" It was like spreading a little bit of his sunshine everywhere to everyone. I leave them on his grave stone too and let the lawn mowers blow them around for other people to find them and spread a little of his love to everyone.

For Christmas I give my other nephew, his younger brother, $20 to donate to charity or do a random act of kindness in his brother's name. This year he'll be up here for Christmas so we are going to go to a Goodwill store and randomly select someone in line behind us, probably someone who has the most children's things and tell the cashier the $20 is to pay for their items and then just leave before they know. This is how my nephew was and again, he may not have found his piece of meat, but his love and kindness lives on.

A good piece of meat, in your league, may only last a night. A life of love and kindness lives on forever.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:04 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Not sure: are we supposed to post only about fun and happy things??
Well, I don't mean to say that we should sanitize our posting as to be devoid of all meaning and all feeling. But rather, that, as a person who suffers from severe depression, what I post on my bad days differs wildly from what I post on my good days, and each projects a completely different kind of person, and as such can confuse other CD forum posters. Thus, when the black dog shows up (as Churchill described it), I try not to post too much to avoid appearing too whiny or sad to other people here.

Old 11-08-2012, 03:22 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Will you be grateful that you treated people like people...

Or will you be thankful that you got the best looking, most successful piece of meat you could snag that was within your league?
I fail to see how this is an either/or proposition.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:28 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
I will be alone and happy I did not waste my life staying with my liar, sociopath ex.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
My nephew, since he was little, was absolutely religious about telling you he loved you before he hung up the telephone and wouldn't dream of not saying it. They weren't hollow "I love you's" he would always say your name with it, made it personal and direct. My dog had to be put to sleep and he called me about it and was the only one who did because he was sensitive to animals like I am. The very last thing he said to me was, "I love you Aunt T." I got a phone call a week a later and he had died at the age of 20. He died with no regrets. He was kind to people and very loving and he gave me the gift of telling me he love me I will always hear in my head whenever I need it. He may have never have found the best piece of meat in his league, but he had something much better and will always be loved for his bright and sunshine personality and caring demeanor.

I don't ever carry cash, but ever since he died, I've been finding pennies in some real odd places. I was sitting on the floor tying my shoes and there was one sitting there. I don't know where it came from. I started finding them in my driveway, the grocery store, parking lots, even dug one up in the garden. I got in a car accident and survived and no one was injured and on the driver's seat I found a penny with his birth year on it - I put them all in a plastic baggy and when I went to visit my brother and sister in law last month, (they were finding them too) my SIL and I went down to the beach and started walking along the shore at sunset and dropping the pennies. We saw children and their families digging for shells and stuff where we were dropping them and I told her, "He would have liked this idea and he's smiling, by this time tomorrow all you'll here is 'Mommy, Mommy, look what I found!'" It was like spreading a little bit of his sunshine everywhere to everyone. I leave them on his grave stone too and let the lawn mowers blow them around for other people to find them and spread a little of his love to everyone.

For Christmas I give my other nephew, his younger brother, $20 to donate to charity or do a random act of kindness in his brother's name. This year he'll be up here for Christmas so we are going to go to a Goodwill store and randomly select someone in line behind us, probably someone who has the most children's things and tell the cashier the $20 is to pay for their items and then just leave before they know. This is how my nephew was and again, he may not have found his piece of meat, but his love and kindness lives on.

A good piece of meat, in your league, may only last a night. A life of love and kindness lives on forever.
Some of The Good die soo young.

Have a beautiful day, darlin'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships