Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
Online dating sucks!

1. I've encountered the guy who just wants to be text buddies and exchange endless pics.
2. The guy who thinks we're a couple after two text messages, calling me pet names and we've never met.
3. The misspelling idiot. "Gud morning beautifull, I shore can't wait to c u!"
4. The unemployed man who won't tell you what he does for a living and asks to meet up in a park.
5. You cancel a date and get a vulgar response from a man with the maturity of a fetus. (You've only spoken on the phone once and weren't allowed to get any questions in.)

Yup, looks like I'm going to be single for a long time.

Well it depends on when that date was cancelled. If it was cancelled on the day of the date then I agree with the guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
You too? I get the same thing and when friends co-workers guess my age for some odd reason they assume I am around 28 (I'm 38). Not that I am complaining I would much rather hear that I look and sound younger than older.
I don't understand why people don't use prepaid cell phones when dating - if I become single again that is what I am doing I don't want to sound paranoid but google your cell phone number and see all of the info that pops up. I do not want a stranger knowing my address, last name, where I work just because I gave him my telephone number.
I had a stalker from pof and when I told him that I was not interested he said that he read my address to me and said that he looked it up online. So I learned the hard way to get a prepaid phone if I am in that situation again.
People lie plain and simple it doesn't matter how you meet them.

So a stranger is going to know where you live because you gave him your telephone number?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,928,953 times
Quote:
Online dating sucks!

1. I've encountered the guy who just wants to be text buddies and exchange endless pics.
2. The guy who thinks we're a couple after two text messages, calling me pet names and we've never met.
4. The unemployed man who won't tell you what he does for a living and asks to meet up in a park.
5. You cancel a date and get a vulgar response from a man with the maturity of a fetus. (You've only spoken on the phone once and weren't allowed to get any questions in.)

There's someone in this very thread who is guilty of that one (no, not me)

Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 PM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,853 times
I cancelled the day before. His response was completely out of line. Didn't miss out!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM

Quote:
I cancelled the day before. His response was completely out of line. Didn't miss out!

Well if you cancelled without suggesting a new date then he figured you were going out with someone else

Old 11-12-2012, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well if you cancelled without suggesting a new date then he figured you were going out with someone else
so what?

Old 11-12-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
so what?

Well it's called GAMES and that's why you sent you a nasty message

Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times
Quote:
Then quit sending yourself nasty messages.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Online dating sucks!

Sounds like talked to a few of the idiots who contacted me. The only one I haven't had was #5 but I only met a few. The #2 one reminds me of this one guy who started sending me messages telling me I was his soulmate and he couldn't wait until our marriage and we never met. Once he started sending me love notes I stopped chatting with him. I'll add another one I encountered often online and this was the man who didn't fall into my qualifications and because of that decided to attack me based on this. I had several men like this who were either too old for me, lived too far, or most likely had kids and/or an exwife/baby mama and told me I was picky because I didn't want them. One guy had 5 kids by three different women (none of whom he married)what would make him think I'd even consider him?

To those guys mentioning Facebook honestly I am tired of strange men trying to friend me there. If I don't know you I am not friending you.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Anyone who cares enough to send a rude message because someone cancels is a complete douche bag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships