Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Now it's on to part two.

The guys here are shooting you as straight as they can. Yes, we do view you as sex objects. Seriously, what else do you bring to the table? And I am being dead serious here. Can't talk about domestic skills because I will get hit with the chauvinist label. Child rearing? Nope. Gotta have that career, so it looks like daycare is the answer. Companionship? I can get that from my friends or a pet.
Things in common? Sorry. I don't like chick flicks and I can't stand prime time tv.

What is happening is the guys have taken what you are saying and repeating it back to you. You insist on us bringing something to the table that is measured financially (job, house, car) in addition to your stance on who asks and pays for dates. Then you get all up in arms when guys look at your initial position and interpret this process as a business transaction.

Go figure.

Remember, before you flame, us men are using your words, not ours.
Your post before this one had some good points, but this one makes me grateful. Not knocking you at all, but dating sounds terrible now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 PM

37,610 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
And you wonder why men think you are not attracted to them?
I don't wonder any such thing.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:37 PM

121 posts, read 121,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Your post before this one had some good points, but this one makes me grateful. Not knocking you at all, but dating sounds terrible now.
Correct.

Which is why a lot of guys have given up. Notice the complaints here about guys with no ambition other than xbox? Also, more posts about guys who don't approach women. I have caught a few women staring at me as I am out running errands. You think I am gonna approach them?

Not

a

chance.

I am one of those guys that has decided the whole process is not worth it. All that women bring to the table is a list of demands. That doesn't sound like attraction to me.

No offense taken Julia. Dating has been terrible for guys for decades. Now it is starting to get terrible for women. What you are seeing in this forum is why it is terrible. Guys are being honest and women are attacking, denying, or nit-picking, like chessiemom did with her response. Even if the women participating in this thread are married/taken, whatever, what they fail to realize is by responding in horrible fashion is only going to create more guys who say "f**K it, it ain't worth it.

And guess who is going to have an even harder time in the dating scene?

Hint.

It ain't the men.

But the women will have made damn sure to win that ol' internet argument.

Old 11-13-2012, 08:55 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times
Quote:
Now it's on to part two.

The guys here are shooting you as straight as they can. Yes, we do view you as sex objects. Seriously, what else do you bring to the table? And I am being dead serious here. Can't talk about domestic skills because I will get hit with the chauvinist label. Child rearing? Nope. Gotta have that career, so it looks like daycare is the answer. Companionship? I can get that from my friends or a pet.
Things in common? Sorry. I don't like chick flicks and I can't stand prime time tv.

What is happening is the guys have taken what you are saying and repeating it back to you. You insist on us bringing something to the table that is measured financially (job, house, car) in addition to your stance on who asks and pays for dates. Then you get all up in arms when guys look at your initial position and interpret this process as a business transaction.

Go figure.

Remember, before you flame, us men are using your words, not ours.

This isn't really true. I recently found a girl who is extremely cool - into sports, heavy metal and all sorts of fun stuff. Too bad she's my friend's girlfriend

Old 11-13-2012, 08:57 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,092,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why are you asking for other people to explain MY posts?

From MY experience, men will only go after the 10s but will settle for the 5s when the 10s reject them. I know plenty of men who would leave their girlfriends and wives in a heartbeat if a hotter woman gave them the time of day. My cousin is a complete witch....horribly mean, snotty, stuck up but gorgeous and I got to sit front row to her treating men like trash all last week and ya know what? They kept coming back for more. Rich men, good looking men, married men etc. She had her pick. None of them so much as glanced at me while she was around, but if she was with another guy all of a sudden they'd 'settle' for talking to me.

Thus is life.
In my experience, men find a fairly wide range of women attractive. There's another thread currently floating around where women have said they have been called beautiful and hit on by male posters simply by posting their pics. I have seen some of their pics and they are not 10s. Not to say they are not good looking.

That you haven't fallen within that range within your life sucks, and it's hard to deal with.

I know because I haven't fallen within that range either, and it sucks. The range for men women are attracted to is smaller, but it is still significant.

Believe it or not, I can see that it has made you a better person than most in how you treat others and how you do not discriminate solely based on looks yourself. I think you would be happiest with somebody who thinks the same. Good luck on finding that!

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
This isn't really true. I recently found a girl who is extremely cool - into sports, heavy metal and all sorts of fun stuff. Too bad she's my friend's girlfriend
So your ONE exception that isn't even your girlfriend cancels out all of the other women/posters/dates who pays threads? And what a guy is expected to bring to the table?

Don't think so.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:10 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,679,197 times
Quote:
So your ONE exception that isn't even your girlfriend cancels out all of the other women/posters/dates who pays threads? And what a guy is expected to bring to the table?

Don't think so.

I just don't think your point that all women are boring/not fun to be around/have no common interests is true. I've known a few different girls who are really cool

Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 PM

37,610 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
No offense taken Julia. Dating has been terrible for guys for decades. Now it is starting to get terrible for women. What you are seeing in this forum is why it is terrible. Guys are being honest and women are attacking, denying, or nit-picking, like chessiemom did with her response. Even if the women participating in this thread are married/taken, whatever, what they fail to realize is by responding in horrible fashion is only going to create more guys who say "f**K it, it ain't worth it.
I'm wondering what you think I was nit-picking about?? All I was doing was trying to reply to a post by someone else, and you jumped on that, totally misinterpreting the entire point.

And as far as dating being terrible...maybe that is your experience, but I have had a lot of successes, and very very few complaints.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,024,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

MEN WILL GLADLY SAY YES TO SEEING ANY WOMAN, (given that she is not obese) NAKED. Absolutely true.

Women, on the other hand, simply do not "fire" off of such visuals. We have a different wiring, entirely.
Well ok, I didn't mean it in the way that us men are like 13-year old boys trying to peek into the girl's locker room to see any amount of flesh we can get our eyes on. I'm saying we're more forgiving when it comes to calling the opposite sex "hot"...and women should be very thankful for this. I mean, that's pretty much why most couples are together. Man finds woman hot, man goes after woman.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Well ok, I didn't mean it in the way that us men are like 13-year old boys trying to peek into the girl's locker room to see any amount of flesh we can get our eyes on. I'm saying we're more forgiving when it comes to calling the opposite sex "hot"...and women should be very thankful for this. I mean, that's pretty much why most couples are together. Man finds woman hot, man goes after woman.
this is it in a nutshell.

but don't expect the women to understand this.

they are more interested in winning the argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships