Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 01:55 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
This thread was pretty intense. I could use a distraction.

And now ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

5'8, and all about it.
A Family Guy reference AND one of my favorite artists? Fantastic

My very first concert was Conway Twitty...I was really little but I'm still pretty proud of that fact

5'8 is perfectly fine with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:57 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Hmmm, well from observing couples, I haven't really noticed tall guys getting the most attractive women. I'd say attractive guys still tend to. I mean how many women would go for a tall, average looking guy over Johnny Depp? Naturally most women will have to settle for what's out there, and i don't think MOST women would turn down a 5'10" guy. In my generation it seems the averages have gone up, too: women average about 5'5" and men close to 6 feet.
6 feet

That's my height.

In any case, height is relative. If you are taller than the average height, you are tall. Even if average height is 5'5", if you are taller than that, then you are tall. It's all relative.

And yes, the average height is on the rise. I see a lot of tall kids these days. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I am considered short.

But yeah, I don't think height is that high on the list. I mean, if all you have going for you is that you are tall, then you aren't getting anywhere. Women take an accomplished guy who is 5'7" over 7 foot dufus who doesn't even know his ABCs.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 AM

78 posts, read 136,168 times
There is definitely some truth to it.

Foreign women aren't like this though.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,223,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Some of it is spot on (looks mean nothing, women like to watch their men demonstrate their power over others). Some of it is nonsense ( women are NOT attracted to status or money, they are attracted to the way most men with power and money behave. This type of behavior however, does not require power or money)

Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
Personally, I am much more attracted to women who are the exact *opposite* of the stereotype that OP had cited (A woman who truly believes in, and seeks out relationships for the sake of, love and love alone. Love has nothing to do with money, power, status, aggressiveness, or many of the other listed factors in the original post.)

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 01-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: Adds

Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Quote from an article i found interesting.. not sure i agree with or not...Ladies is this accurate at all?

Women are not actually attracted to men. There is a vague idea of what a man is physically, and some are better than others aesthetically speaking, but the purely physical appearance of a man is almost inconsequential unless he is horribly ugly or outrageously attractive.

Women are attracted to status, money, how much a man smiles and laughs, how many friends and resources a man has, how full a man's life is--how many "cool," "exciting" and prestigious things he is doing or connected to.

They are interested in how other people view him--how many people want to be around him, how other people interact with him and whether their interactions convey that he is special and amazing. They want him to be extremely outgoing and aggressive, they want him to demonstrate his status over other people by dominating them in various non-violent ways.

A woman's attraction to a man is a function of her jealousy at the thought of another woman having that man. She doesn't care who he actually is or EXACTLY what he looks like physically, she only cares about the VALUE of the life he has constructed around himself.
Looks like a bunch of bull that ugly old guys try to tell themselves to feel better about their failings. "Some day I'll have money and all my problems will go away"! Sure, there are women who will date an unattractive guy with a loaded wallet. They'd still rather have a hot guy with a wallet, if given the choice.

Straight men get very bizarre ideas about themselves. They don't see how they're attractive so they think there's no way anyone else could find them attractive, and they invent contorted ways women might find them attractive. Some women often have the same problem: they don't see how they are attractive, so they lower their standards if they have low self esteem. It's less common though because men make their physical desires well known. Women are taught from a young age what makes them hot to men, so they have some rough idea of how attractive they generally are. Men never find out because they're not objectified nearly as much.

Personality plays a role sure (the same way a woman's personality plays a role for you). Confidence plays a role. But it's not money, or age.

No, guys, women are attracted to you the same way you're attracted to them.

Our species evolved for millions of years without money, and nobody lived longer than 30. Women are programmed to want a hot johnson with meaty thighs and toned shoulders attached to it, because for most of our species' existence, that signaled fertility. It meant good genes. That is what the most basic, primitive, reptilian part of their brain wants. They may be socialized to behave differently, but beneath it all, that's going on.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post

Our species evolved for millions of years without money, and nobody lived longer than 30. Women are programmed to want a hot johnson with meaty thighs and toned shoulders attached to it, because for most of our species' existence, that signaled fertility. It meant good genes. That is what the most basic, primitive, reptilian part of their brain wants. They may be socialized to behave differently, but beneath it all, that's going on.
Then how do you explain all the women who prefer thin, lanky men?

Old 01-08-2013, 01:59 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,967,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Then how do you explain all the women who prefer thin, lanky men?
Because thin lanky men can be very masculine and attractive in a certain way.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:01 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
Because thin lanky men can be very masculine and attractive in a certain way.
Right. So it doesn't always have to do with meaty thighs, muscular shoulders, etc.

Old 01-08-2013, 05:04 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Yea women are crazy like that. Look how ugly old rock stars like Mick Jagger and Robert Plant sleep with young groupies. It makes no sense, women like their music, so they have sex with them? I think Susan Boyle is a good singer but I wouldn't sleep with her.

I think most women care about looks but men have more a universal standard over what women are beautiful while women are all over the map. Some women like nerdy looking guys, some like emos, some like roidheads etc. I always found Adrien Brody and Tom Petty odd looking but lots of women find them sexy. Men generally agree on what female entertainers are hot (most of them).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships