Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Out of so many post I've read throughout the years about women who get cheated on, go through heart breaks or guy simply does something wrong, some of us still find a way to forgive and be more tolerate whereas a man would probably send her to hell. Now, there are exceptions to the rule but in general it's with us. Why? Is our level of empathy higher than a man's?

The extreme case (which I would never forgive...besides cheating) is abused women. Somehow they forgave him and still try to work it out. But if I were to effectively kick a man right in his privates, he'll never forgive and probably hate me forever. Yet some of these bastard put the woman in a hospital and yet she's still back with him.
Hahaha that must be the joke of the year, tolerant women! I suppose that doesn't include the Princess Syndrome women (100% of them), right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 03:00 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
We're not. That is just pure stupid.

Old 11-09-2012, 03:42 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
To use celebrity examples, look at how the media treats George Clooney vs. Jennifer Aniston. He's dating models and having a grand old time, and she's still weeping over Brad Pitt and jealous of Angelina's fertility. People in real life get that, too, but on a smaller scale.

Huh? Fleetie, she is marrying someone else! It's the media that is 'weeping over brad pitt and angelina's fertility,' they're the only one keeping this 10+ year old story going

Old 11-09-2012, 03:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
It does go both ways, BUT there seems to be more of a stigma for women. If a man is single, they just presume he's not ready to settle down yet, still living the bachelor life, etc. If a woman is single, especially as she approaches the biological clock ticking years, people start pushing more questions and making rude comments about not enough time left to go bearing children. However, men will never have to hear that.
Yea, but thats only if he's running through tons of women like a Derek jeter/George Clooney.

If he's never seen with women, those questions start to arise

Old 11-09-2012, 03:54 PM

51 posts, read 73,619 times
I think it has to do with the intent of the cheater. Women in most cases it is more then just sex but for men in 99% of the time its just sex. Women can look past the other woman just knowing she was that easy one night thing to where as men hit the questions did you love him, are you pregnant? see what I mean.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM

1,454 posts, read 2,166,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virijat View Post
Hahaha that must be the joke of the year, tolerant women! I suppose that doesn't include the Princess Syndrome women (100% of them), right?
I've notice many of your posts and it seems as if a bitter man was writing this. Is this your way of getting back due to bad experience?

It's no joke. There is some truth to it.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:23 PM

219 posts, read 506,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
Is our level of empathy higher than a man's?
I'm going to do my best here to refrain from using foul language because not all women are the same and maybe you're a total sweetheart but in general:

Women get to cry, scream and yell and be total B's, continually riding the wave of emotions that they seemingly have zero control over. Waaaa, I'm pregnant so I get to be really mean and condescending to my man!!! Waaaa, it's that time of the month so I get to be really mean and condescending to my man.

Waaaa, I'm really bored because I have no hobbies and my husband just wants to spend time mountain biking or playing in a flag football league or playing video games etc..and I dont get enough attention or feel loved so I'm going to cry and scream at my man about it (I cant tell you how many times I've heard and experienced this scenario).

Waaa I'm hyper sensitive and took it personally because he forgot to ask me if I needed anything from the store when he went!!!

Waaa I'm hyper sensitive and took it personally when he wanted to participate in a fantasy baseball league on Tuesday nights which takes time away from spending time with me!!!

Waaa, the girl behind the counter at Subway was batting her eyelashes and flirting with you even though you did nothing to provoke it but somehow it's still your fault so I'm going to give you the cold shoulder and not be interested in sex for 2 days!!!!!!!!

Laychick, the amount of patience and understanding that a man must have just to put up with being in a relationship with a woman is unfathomable. What's most puzzling to me is that these same women treat their friends and co-workers, both female and male, with respect, kindness and consideration but cant seem to stop crying and complaining to, and about the men in their lives. I wish that, just for 1 month you could spend your life as a married man and see how we get treated. Putting up with a women's hypersensitivity and extreme mood fluctuations is a frustrating, extremely empathetic, pride swallowing task that must be done every single day.

And no, my wife is not an exception to the rule. All men I know get treated like that. My cousin is soooo condescending and mean to her husband, right in front of the rest of the family no less. At least most women have the decency to wait until they're home, behind closed doors to ramp up the super "B" behavior.

Last edited by GSXRScott; 11-09-2012 at 04:49 PM..

Old 11-09-2012, 07:01 PM

105 posts, read 182,287 times
Years ago I would have said it's true but here is a link showing the opposite:
Lorena Bobbit forgives her husband (she cut off his manhood 16 years ago) | Human Stupidity: Irrationality, Self Deception

In this story, the female mutilator known as Lorena Bobbit never even apologize for her actions. Her now ex husband was the only one apologizing but he deserved one from her too. Imagine if it was a man doing this and not only being totally unremorse in the courtroom but expecting an apology from the woman he mutilated?

IMO I don't think men have it easy either.

Needless to say that was horrific. I would never do this to a man and if he was indeed abusive, she could have reported it and have him arrested or leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships