Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:46 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,103,579 times

Advertisements

I think you did the right thing. I'm a guy and if I spent money on dating a lady and really cared about her I would want to see her more than once a week. If she gets lonely and I can't see her except on the weekends because of my job or some other commitment, then I would talk to her on the telephone. I wouldn't text her back and forth because the tone of voice does not always easily transfer to the written word. Because of this, unfortunately, sometimes some of us find ourselves misunderstood. If she couldn't handle me not wanting to text her and she felt neglected because of that, then I wouldn't want the relationship to go any further. If she broke up with me, I would think she did me a favor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:57 PM

313 posts, read 664,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I think you did the right thing. I'm a guy and if I spent money on dating a lady and really cared about her I would want to see her more than once a week. If she gets lonely and I can't see her except on the weekends because of my job or some other commitment, then I would talk to her on the telephone. I wouldn't text her back and forth because the tone of voice does not always easily transfer to the written word. Because of this, unfortunately, sometimes some of us find ourselves misunderstood. If she couldn't handle me not wanting to text her and she felt neglected because of that, then I wouldn't want the relationship to go any further. If she broke up with me, I would think she did me a favor.
But if he comes back again after being dumped twice, what does it mean???.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:07 PM

Idk if it matters but this guy thinks I'm beautiful inside and out, he says it.(I don't want to sound conceited, sorry). He gives me alot of compliments. I know that he's sooo attracted to me physically, mentally, and as a person. The only thing I'm not sure is his emotion.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:13 PM

227 posts, read 420,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowT View Post
But if he comes back again after being dumped twice, what does it mean???.
He's a man!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNP24 View Post
He's a man!
What??? I don't understand. Please explain .

Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
Idk if it matters but this guy thinks I'm beautiful inside and out, he says it.(I don't want to sound conceited, sorry). He gives me alot of compliments. I know that he's sooo attracted to me physically, mentally, and as a person. The only thing I'm not sure is his emotion.
It doesn't matter what it means if he tries to come back. You've made your decision, stick to it.

Flattery can be used manipulatively. Flattery, money, they're easy to toss around. Do his actions support his words? Isn't that one reason why you broke up with him, because his actions didn't back up his words? No communication in-between dates, not to mention the odd hostility toward other guys who might just glance at you.

Forget about it. Who cares what it means? Probably that he doesn't take the dumping seriously and thinks he can manipulate you into taking him back. Which is kind of offensive, that he doesn't take you seriously, and thinks you're easy to manipulate.

You broke up with him. Mean what you say. Show that you mean it.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,010,396 times
Quote:

When you say you are not sure of his emotion, what do you mean?

(If, by chance, you are expecting him (or any Man) to perceive/think/feel/behave as women do, you are making a fatal error.)

Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
When you say you are not sure of his emotion, what do you mean?

(If, by chance, you are expecting him (or any Man) to perceive/think/feel/behave as women do, you are making a fatal error.)
If hes into me?

He compliments me on how I look, how smart I am, how a good person I am. He says alot of guys would want to date me but I'm not sure about how he feels for me. Does he really like me.

My friend just reminded me, this guy treats his mom the same. How did I forget about it. He doesn't call his mom back either. His mom sent him a card for his birthday. He let me read it. It says " I hope you will return my calls". He loves his mom so dearly. He tells me alot of good things about her like how a wonderful mother she is to him and his brother and not because of her they wouldn't be where they are now. He told me that sometimes after work he just doesn't want to deal with anything that even his moms phone call he doesn't return.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 PM

588 posts, read 795,753 times
I'm a man and I think you did the right thing. Now you are trying to figure out if he really liked you or not. However, regardless of whether he likes you or not, the problem is that he doesn't seem to like to communicate very much and he is not very responsible in returning your messages. I undertand that he may not like texting, but he can still call you within a day of receiving your texts. That problem would like continue for as long as you remained with him. He might be a good guy, but communication is a very important part of a relationship.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:21 PM

102,177 posts, read 107,735,907 times
Quote:
He compliments me on how I look, how smart I am, how a good person I am. He says alot of guys would want to date me but I'm not sure about how he feels for me. Does he really like me.
It doesn't matter, because it's OVER! Do you want to end up like his mom? His mom can't break up with him. You could, and you did.

Move. on. There are plenty of guys who will give you sincere compliments and enjoy your company enough to want to see you as often as they can. When you find a guy like that, there will be no question as to whether he likes you. You won't have to ask a forum of strangers, it'll be obvious, and with luck, it'll be mutual. What are you waiting for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships