Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,561 times

Advertisements

College is probably the only time in your life when you will be around such a large pool of relatively attractive, motivated, intelligent and single women. Believe me, once you move out of the academic bubble and start working, it's a hell of a lot harder to meet avaliable people, at least people in your age group. So I say you should take advantage of the two years you got left. I'm not saying you have to get a marriage or even a LTR, but you should definitely test the waters and see where the wind takes you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
College ain't much easier but you are right. That's one of the few things that absolutely scares the hell out of me about graduating, that and not being able to find a job. Meeting a girl is hard enough in college, how the hell am I gonna do it once I'm out of that little microcosm of the world and possibly in a new town?

Old 11-11-2012, 08:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
College ain't much easier but you are right. That's one of the few things that absolutely scares the hell out of me about graduating, that and not being able to find a job. Meeting a girl is hard enough in college, how the hell am I gonna do it once I'm out of that little microcosm of the world and possibly in a new town?
It means you'll have a whole townfull of single women to potentially date and get to know. A whole new pool.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:53 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It means you'll have a whole townfull of single women to potentially date and get to know. A whole new pool.
Guess I could use things like Meetup and Yelp. Don't know how else I'd meet a woman; I don't like cold approaching ladies at places like coffee shops, and most women aren't warm to it either.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:00 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Guess I could use things like Meetup and Yelp. Don't know how else I'd meet a woman; I don't like cold approaching ladies at places like coffee shops, and most women aren't warm to it either.
Some women want to be approached in those types of public places. You can't generalize. And yeah, as you must know from being around here awhile, people use meet-ups, weekend sports or hobby groups, volunteering, all possible venues.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 PM

328 posts, read 682,189 times
As a hiring manager, one looks for well rounded people for the managerial level positions. Social interaction is critical in all jobs of this level. Your comments leads one to believe that there is a real deficiency that you have identified---in yourself. Either you work on developing this, or stay in your world of math and financial numbers and limit your career potential. Yes, there is a chance you could join the ranks of Riemann, Euler, Ramanujan, Pascal, Hardy, Bernoulli, Gauss---------but, that is rather remote. The choice is yours. The Action Plan needs to be written---by you---based on what path you want to walk.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:18 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
It is the absolute best way to pick up women. Not only that but you can easily skip out on planning the first date too and let the girl plan it out and have her "show you the town". Nothing better than that. On top of that it's a perfect conversation starter. You see a good looking girl, think up any dumb question you can ask about the city "where is..... " and let the conversation go from there. You then say you guys should go out sometime so you can see some fun places around the city. boom, done deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships