Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,314,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
http://nyti.ms/RLx6QT

http://nyti.ms/UAJwbI

So, here's a high profile case. Just looking at the photos (and I hate to say it, but...) Mrs. P didn't stand a chance of hanging on to her man.

Without getting into politics, please, what do you think of the situation?
however, if Holly looked differently there still would be no guarantee that she would be in the unenviable position of hanging on to her man. Just look around ladies, regardless of how young you are (no one escapes old age...unless they die first) how fit you are, how attractively you are put together, who your father/mother is, and how steadfast and loyal you are to your marriage...there are no guarantees in life about anything but sadly, especially marital fidelity.

Someone else will always be younger, taller/shorter, more physically fit, more appealing (for whatever reason) and then there's just plain old wandering eyes.

This is personally sad and difficult in so many ways for the Petraeus family and our country as well. I wish them the strength to carry on and remain a family...somehow.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 11-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-11-2012, 12:50 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Because she spent hundreds of hours alone with a dominant man who spent almost every moment speaking of his career triumphs. It is not unusual at all that a woman would become sexually attracted to a man under those conditions.

I never understood women like that. I find self-aggrandizement incredibly boring. That he was part of the Beltway crowd would make him that much worse. There's no blowhard like a Washington blowhard.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,196 times
Look, David is a typical middle aged man who made a decision with the wrong brain

Old 11-11-2012, 01:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
It's always hilarious to me when "the other woman" is incensed when she, too, is cheated on. Honey, what did you THINK would happen? You're involved with somebody who obviously has zero integrity in these matters.

I know a serial adulterer pretty well. Looks have nothing to do with it. People who cheat will cheat on attractive partners, unattractive partners, sweethearts, b*&ches, women who have sex with them all the time, women who don't have sex with them enough...it doesn't matter. If a guy has been conditioned to think that he deserves as many women as he wants, whenever he wants them, and that commitment is overrated, he's going to act accordingly. It has nothing to do with the women in his life, and everything to do with his own character and integrity.

Really, given his role a person whose professional credibility hinges in large part on the purported strength of his character and integrity, Petraeus comes off as quite the bonehead.

Last edited by TabulaRasa; 11-11-2012 at 01:15 PM..

Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM

837 posts, read 1,287,452 times
Is there a pic of his wife?

Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,920,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
They want to have their cake and eat it too. They have the "married" status, Which makes them look more stable, All the tax breaks, Married men statistically live longer and make more money to boot-But they want to still experience the single life. Can't have both. marriage is/should be full commitment. it's part of ones life as much as the other partner I would think.
Any guy who gets married for those reasons specifically is a loser and clearly believes that he can't become a success on his own merits.

Guy's who are truly talented professionals aren't worried about "married" status or tax breaks, or getting a raise at work because they know that are fully capable of making 6 or 7 figures regardless of the circumstances.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So - I guess the lesson to be learned here is that if you don't look like a supermodel - your husband will cheat on you and you should expect it? What utter crap.

A cheater is gonna cheat. A loyal person will not. It's as simple as that.
No, a woman's looks and skills in the bedroom matter greatly when it comes to a guy cheating or not. I'm not saying a guy won't cheat if his woman looks great, but he's much less likely to cheat.

It's much easier for a woman to keep her man in check when she's good looking, in shape, and does a good job in the bedroom as oppose to a woman who's ugly and fat, and a complete bore in the bedroom.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:16 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
This has not been my observation.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
No, a woman's looks and skills in the bedroom matter greatly when it comes to a guy cheating or not. I'm not saying a guy won't cheat if his woman looks great, but he's much less likely to cheat.

It's much easier for a woman to keep her man in check when she's good looking, in shape, and does a good job in the bedroom as oppose to a woman who's ugly and fat, and a complete bore in the bedroom.
No - an honorable person will file for divorce or separate instead of cheating. This has nothing to do with bedroom skills and looks. This has to do with honor and fidelity. Someone who values those things will not cheat - they will simply get a divorce.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
No - an honorable person will file for divorce or separate instead of cheating. This has nothing to do with bedroom skills and looks. This has to do with honor and fidelity. Someone who values those things will not cheat - they will simply get a divorce.
Ever heard the saying "it's cheaper to keep her"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships