Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Guys who can't do anything without their cell phone handy also included.

Why am I going to call AAA or a tow truck because I have a flat?

If something happens, are you afraid to get dirty?

If a bat flies in the house....I hope you don't run out screaming.

But what makes you think that there is only one way for a man to live his life to be considered "manly"?

Honestly, who cares if a man calls AAA to fix a flat...a man who is dressed nicely most certainly would and I do not consider him less manly for it.

And where are you living? Bats flying in the house? Never been an issue that I have encountered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
You are the near perfect woman.
Thank you kindly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I had a coworker who would get called metro a lot. He hated it. He was skinny, had really long eyelashes, kinda pretty and wore 3 piece suits all the time. He was super well dressed (at work).

He was also a rapper. Not exactly the most "metro" of hobbies. :P And on the weekend he also wore horrible baggy clothing and so on. Well-coordinated, but way too baggy.

So being metro means a whole lot of nothing.
Metro by day, ghettro by night.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:49 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
You need to find better women, not these cheap hos who rip on your appearance and your (perfectly acceptable) car.

Never let anyone tell you taking care of yourself is a bad thing. There is a huge gap between taking care of your appearance and being a friggin drag queen.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Only in the US of A could such a ridiculous notion be raised.

Apparently the majority of the male population of Western Europe are meterosexuals, because having some fashion sense of dressing sharply is a trait of these individuals.
The term is kind of old news by quite a few years, not many use it these days. Not just in the US either. There was a time here in the states, the news of men getting mani-pedis became a big thing (something a lot of execs have been doing for decades,) and the marketing of product to males became big business, getting bigger in some markets. Many enjoyed the new metro men, but, then you had some guys over doing it to the point of annoyance. Women, especially, started getting ticked off when the new style metros began to cut into the woman's mirror time.

Nothing wrong with a sharp dressed man that has impeccable hygiene, but prissy too much like a girl is another thing altogether. I think the ones being referred to negatively are the ones that carry it to another level, not the general well groomed men. And please after you finally make an appearance from the bathroom please don't tell me how much you love using my shampoo. TMI

I guess the term is no different than when some people refereed to some women as being high maintenance, been referred to as such a time or too, though I'm not. It's relative to the person using the term. You really have to ask them what they mean, might have good connotations might not.

Personally, I'm fine with men getting mani/pedis, I wouldn't be happy to spend time with a man who shows up poorly groomed and with dirt under his nails. Nothing more gross than to have to stare at dirty nails when you're trying to enjoy a meal with anyone across the table with gunk under their nails. However, I don't mind a man that gets dirt under his nails if the job requires it; an honest hard working man that has to get dirty for the day is a worth while man as much as any other.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,816,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
But what makes you think that there is only one way for a man to live his life to be considered "manly"?

Honestly, who cares if a man calls AAA to fix a flat...a man who is dressed nicely most certainly would and I do not consider him less manly for it.

And where are you living? Bats flying in the house? Never been an issue that I have encountered.

Thank you kindly!
It's pretty obvious I'm a rural Midwest man.

Most women don't have any use for a man that can't even change his own flat here. In fact, they'll second guess and doubt everything he does.....including PERTECTION.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You need to find better women, not these cheap hos who rip on your appearance and your (perfectly acceptable) car.

Never let anyone tell you taking care of yourself is a bad thing. There is a huge gap between taking care of your appearance and being a friggin drag queen.
Taking care of yourself means going to the dentist three times a year. Taking a shower everyday and brushing your teeth. Wearing deodorant, clean washed clothes everyday (at least in the A.M.)....Combing your hair, cleaning and clipping your finger and toenails.

It doesn't say anything about a closet full of "goochie" clothes bigger than Paris Hilton. Not about spending more than 30 minutes MAX in the bathroom either unless you are taking a dump.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:10 PM

And do you wax your body hair?

Do you have chick like smooth chests, arms and legs?

Busted and disgusted!

LOL

Old 11-11-2012, 07:11 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
You need to find better women,
This. You just hit up the wrong woman, that's all, OP.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
I think she was trying to tell you that she's looking for a big, fat ugly dude with a beer gut who smells like garbage.

And there is of course no excuse for you failing to be this. After all, men should be men, not women!

Old 11-11-2012, 08:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
It's pretty obvious I'm a rural Midwest man.

Most women don't have any use for a man that can't even change his own flat here. In fact, they'll second guess and doubt everything he does.....including PERTECTION.

Quote:
Taking care of yourself means going to the dentist three times a year. Taking a shower everyday and brushing your teeth. Wearing deodorant, clean washed clothes everyday (at least in the A.M.)....Combing your hair, cleaning and clipping your finger and toenails.

It doesn't say anything about a closet full of "goochie" clothes bigger than Paris Hilton. Not about spending more than 30 minutes MAX in the bathroom either unless you are taking a dump.

Quote:
And do you wax your body hair?

Do you have chick like smooth chests, arms and legs?

Busted and disgusted!

LOL
It feels as if you are taking this personally but you really shouldn't. One man simply can not be all things to every woman. And one woman can not be all things to every man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships