Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,676,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Normally, the wife isn't expected to have a pregnancy-and-baby-care savings account. Most men know that supporting the wife for a little while in relation to the pregnancy (many women work through pregnancy these days, anyway) is part of the marriage package. And of course, all financial matters, spending patterns and expectations, should be discussed before marriage. That's common advise to couples, nothing new.

God, this whole conversation is just so pathetic

It's marriage, not a ******* business exchange. If I made 150K and my wife earned nothing, that would be perfectly fine as long as she was a good person and a good mom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 01:18 PM

102,125 posts, read 107,362,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Bloody marvelous post! Your dead right on this.

I owe you a rep. In fact I owe you a lot more. It can be hoped that one day people understand what being a man is and it isn't being a bread winner or flexing pecks at the "ladies". I applaud thee, Mags' my good man, I applaud thee!
He got a lot of reps for that.

19,045 posts, read 25,150,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
Do what you want man but most people are going to look down on a man who stays at home and lets his wife support him (outside of maybe a temporary thing while he's looking for a new job)
That's just the way it is. If it doesn't bother you, then that's fine for you. I would rather chop my nuts off than not earn any money
Most people who? The people who hang on this forum? One of my colleagues just starting working 1 1/2 ago after being a SAHD (in Japan and all over Europe) for 5 years. He's a chemist and former military. His wife is an orthodontist and was military as well (why they were on the international road). He's well invested and she earns 3-400k/yr. Do you really think anyone was or is looking down on him? He'd laugh in the face of anyone who bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Lol. I didn't say anything about you. I just said your mentality is different than mine.

You're just trying to argue...
You don't know what my mentality is, tho. You just assume and that has everything to do with you, not me. Just as Frog did. None of it's real, but you're arguing it.

17,869 posts, read 20,962,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
You really don't respect my decision, tho. It obviously hurt you and I'm sorry that it did. I've always otherwise been nice to you, but if you want to bring to it to this level, ok. With that said, I've never understood the whole "it's your loss" thing. That probably deserves its own thread.
There was no disrespect in my post meant towards you, that I promise. I do respect your decision, as it's a personal choice based on how you live your life. If I didn't, I'd argue with you about the decision.

I'm not though, am I?

I do find it disrespectful that it took this long for you to tell me why you made your decision though. It's also my fault for not directly asking you about it, too.

And on the "it's your loss thing" it literally IS your loss lol. You chose to lose something!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
God, this whole conversation is just so pathetic

It's marriage, not a ******* business exchange. If I made 150K and my wife earned nothing, that would be perfectly fine as long as she was a good person and a good mom
You'll have to convince some of your fellow males here of that. Good luck.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,385,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Bloody marvelous post! Your dead right on this.

I owe you a rep. In fact I owe you a lot more. It can be hoped that one day people understand what being a man is and it isn't being a bread winner or flexing pecks at the "ladies". I applaud thee, Mags' my good man, I applaud thee!

LOL! Thanks, Baldrick.

Quote:
Do what you want man but most people are going to look down on a man who stays at home and lets his wife support him (outside of maybe a temporary thing while he's looking for a new job)

That's just the way it is. If it doesn't bother you, then that's fine for you. I would rather chop my nuts off than not earn any money

Meh.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,962,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I don't know why he would bring it up. It's been a year now IIRC.
I have a brain that remembers things, and I don't randomly lose friends, whether on here or IRL,so I used it as an example. All it was.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:21 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,385,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
He got a lot of reps for that.

I did.

Thanks folks.

Baldrick and me.....we be good people.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,114,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you also do 50% of the pregnancy and 50% of the childbirth? Because if you don't - then things aren't really equal. You need to carry the child for 4.5 months and then you have to also be in labor and push for half the time as well.
I see this has remained unanswered. Someone seems to be dodging the question. Next think you know, I'll be getting a dam thrown at me!

Old 11-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
IOW..if she agrees taking part to what should be a mutual, equal partnership (some call corporation)
The ultimate marriage-as-business-exchange post. Marriage as a corporation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships