Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Yeah,

Guys definetely do throw around the term "gold digger" too easily.

I have buddies that think women are "gold diggers" if they expect them to pay for dates and other related expenses in the relationship. Guys like that are just pathologically cheap - and that do not make a woman that is with a guy like that a gold digger.

I also have a few buddies that think because they have a reasonably nice car, a house and some money in the bank that all women that are interested in them must just want them for their "money" and it is absolutely laughable and pathetic.

FYI - Newsflash for all of you guys out there that think women are gold diggers and want your money simply because you have a job making over $75k a year, a place to live and a vehicle. Those women if they are hot can have all of that simply by working and way more than that if they are working and at some point decide to date and marry a guy that actually has money.

In order for a woman to be defined as a gold digger - the primary motivating force behind her dating strategy needs to be focused completely and entirely on securing a guy with money and then obtaining some or all of that money through an arrangement of what I call asset acquisition aka marriage. And the emotional charade she takes part in while making believe that she loves the guy she is with must contain some or all elements of fraud.

And to all you guys out there that think because you have a job, a car and a place to live with the occasional ability to pay for dates and other things for your girlfriend: FYI Part II:

In order for a woman to be a gold digger, the potential guy that she is considering digging the gold from must at the very least:

01 Have an earned income of over $150,000 a year (before taxes)

02 Have additional income from passive investments like stocks, hedge funds and/or anything else that generates income without any effort. (at least another $50,000 of that a year: preferrably reinvested annually so that the principal is never used)

03 Have a future inheritance from his parents and/or current income from the trust fund that they left him.

04 Own a house - and more importantly own it without any mortgage payment like middle class people that have to make payments for 30 years.

05 The ability to marry the woman (hereby defined as 'gold digger') and enable her to not have to work at a job.

06 Be able to buy her jewelry occasionally that would be equal to what a normal working guy's income would be for six months. As well as other things that she wants.

07 Cover her monthly expenses (including car) and take care of her: without constantly complaining that she just loves him for his money.

08 And not have her sign a pre-nup. The concept of a woman being a 'gold digger' is nullified the minute a guy has his attorney pull out a pre-nup or any other piece of paper that protects a guy's assets and wealth from the woman he is passionately in love with and wants to spend his life with.
Just a house??? As in only one???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:19 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Just a house??? As in only one???
Don't be greedy.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
Mine? I'll even hold them open for you.

TMI!!...that's between you and Mrs. B.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Don't be greedy.
Too late!!! [IMG]http://******************/angel-smiley-5090.gif[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2012, 05:48 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
I'm beginning to conclude that C-D guys complain about gold diggers just to make themselves feel better, as if they're actually in a class of men who would actually have to worry about that---which 99% of our guys are not. It must just be a way of boosting their self-image.

And don't forget--gold-diggers come in both genders.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:02 PM

349 posts, read 459,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I'm beginning to conclude that C-D guys complain about gold diggers just to make themselves feel better, as if they're actually in a class of men who would actually have to worry about that---which 99% of our guys are not. It must just be a way of boosting their self-image.

I agree with this.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:05 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,159,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Completely true. Personally I am looking for a nice widow with a couple of mansions, maybe a Lexus or two, and perhaps the rights to a large oil company. Seems reasonable enough to me.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Do Men Throw Around The Term "Gold Digger" Too Easily? Reply to Thread

[quote=brahmabull117;26905325]The issue with this is that women nowadays still do the majority of raising the kids/housework, so you want it to be 50/50 in income when it's never really 50/50 when it comes to traditional housework/raising the kids?

Personally, I would love to make enough money to where my wife never has to work and can just stay at home taking care of the kids/house. That's a perfect lifestyle for me[/QUOTE]

You must be young! You certainly have no experience living life and being half of a married relationship. That perfect lifestyle doesn't last once the kids are raised and gone. My wife was a stay at home Mom, the wives of both of my sons were also stay at home Moms. All three situations ended up badly. I'll spare you the details, but there comes a time in all relationships when a wife has to pull her fair share of the load and get out of bed before 10 AM.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
You must be young! You certainly have no experience living life and being half of a married relationship. That perfect lifestyle doesn't last once the kids are raised and gone. My wife was a stay at home Mom, the wives of both of my sons were also stay at home Moms. All three situations ended up badly. I'll spare you the details, but there comes a time in all relationships when a wife has to pull her fair share of the load and get out of bed before 10 AM.
Marriages with a SAHM don't all end badly. All the women in my mother's and grandmother's generations in the extended family were SAHM's. Their husbands wouldn't have had it any other way. I have friends whose wives are SAHM's, and whose husbands are SAHD's. Everyone's content. So are the couples where both work. Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone's experience is going to reflect your own.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
well what else would you expect anyone to say or feel? Do you want him to cry about it?
Females. Lol. Funny stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I did.

Thanks folks.

Baldrick and me.....we be good people.
You two want a cookie ?

Go head, pat yourselves on the backs.

Btw, people use "boppers" now, more than good diggers.

You're welcome.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,738,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Go head, pat yourselves on the backs.
It's better than being complete twits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships