Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM

601 posts, read 758,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, to be honest - life isn't fair for anyone. A man is supposed to be more financially successful to be a good catch and a woman is supposed to be more attractive. However, I have friends who make more than their husbands - so nothing is set in stone.

I forget sometimes how pointless it is to argue with someone who makes up their own "facts." I also have a hard time debating with someone who would let their child starve to death because their wife didn't ante up her portion of the bill for food.

answer the question.

Your speculating. I never said id let my child starve. but im not paying for her food. shes a grown ass woman. if shes old enough to have kids shes old enough to be responsible.

so answer the question and stop dodging it.

Give me one good reason why a woman cant financially plan the first 2 years of having a kid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 11:42 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
We bought our 300 sq foot studio apartment for 140K in 2003. The houses in the nice suburbs of NYC start at around 800K. I doubt that 150K a year could even come close to affording the type of lifestyle a gold digger would covet.
Remind me to never move to New York

Old 11-11-2012, 11:43 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Thats exactly my point though you see..everyone finds their own. we dont all have to be right for each other.

But then you find women here who take that personally to a whole different level.

just because we dont agree on gender roles doesnt make anyone a moron, or less of a human...youre just not fit for each other

Im not here telling any of you well good luck finding a man who puts up with your crazy ass.. i know your not for me..and thats not a bad thing. Youre simply not to my standards

I think you're a troll but I'll humor you anyways

Do you have any idea how much work kids are? Do you realize how difficult the process of childbirth/pregnancy can be?

If you want to be a stay at home dad while your wife supports you, good luck with that. Most men would feel humiliated doing that because men have testosterone and are supposed to provide for their family. If a woman wanted me to do that, I would laugh at her face

Furthermore, there are couples where the man makes say 20-30K less than his wife. There's a guy at my job who makes about 60-70K a year and his wife makes around 120. If this is what you desperately want, it's not impossible to find

Anyways, marriages nowadays is pretty equal. Women earn a little less on average but they do a lot more in terms of kids/housework. How is that not equal?

Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
I think you're a troll but I'll humor you anyways

Do you have any idea how much work kids are? Do you realize how difficult the process of childbirth/pregnancy can be?

If you want to be a stay at home dad while your wife supports you, good luck with that. Most men would feel humiliated doing that because men have testosterone and are supposed to provide for their family. If a woman wanted me to do that, I would laugh at her face

Furthermore, there are couples where the man makes say 20-30K less than his wife. There's a guy at my job who makes about 60-70K a year and his wife makes around 120. If this is what you desperately want, it's not impossible to find

Anyways, marriages nowadays is pretty equal. Women earn a little less on average but they do a lot more in terms of kids/housework. How is that not equal?
If a woman can do it I can do it.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Likewise,
I find the men who feed your EGOs to be of equal moron status then. I just wont do it. I wont take care of a woman. i refuse to. Im only responsible for 1 person, and thats myself
Who cares what you do. The reality is that likes go with likes. Period. The vast majority date and marry their equals. This isn't anything new.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:47 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
answer the question.

Your speculating. I never said id let my child starve. but im not paying for her food. shes a grown ass woman. if shes old enough to have kids shes old enough to be responsible.

so answer the question and stop dodging it.

Give me one good reason why a woman cant financially plan the first 2 years of having a kid
I'm not "dodging" the question - I just think it's stupid. You are having a child with someone you love - and you expect her to save up 2 years worth of income and set it aside so that you don't have to pay a cent to help her. You would really do that to someone you love? And how does someone who makes 40K a year save up 2 years of her income? Do you know how long that would take? Let's say she was able to set aside 8K a year - it would take 10 years to save up that much money. And that's assuming she would even be able to save that much. And now - that 80K is needing to stretch for herself and 50% of your child. When you love someone and you marry them - you become a team. You are all about YOU - you are not a team player nor should you ever be one.

Honestly - yours has to be one of the most ridiculous, idiotic, stupid questions I've ever heard. I highly doubt ANY parent would EVER think this was reasonable. Note how I insulted your question - and not you. I'm really quite proud of myself.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
If a woman can do it I can do it.

Enjoy not being respected by anybody

A guy once at work (customer) told me he was a stay at home dad and I lost all respect for him.

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Remind me to never move to New York
Well - to be fair, it's also possible to make a lot more money here!

Although the highest paying jobs I've had have all taken me out of the state...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Who cares what you do. The reality is that likes go with likes. Period. The vast majority date and marry their equals. This isn't anything new.

Exactly. To each their own. Nobody has to agree or be with me. Dont start passing judgement just because i refuse to give in to your demands..wtf..lol

If i dont find a woman who agrees with it, so what? life moves on. My career will reward me with much different experiences. travelling..exsposed to cultures..i wont die just because i dont find a woman who thinks exactly like me and i dont end up having children..life moves on

Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Well - to be fair, it's also possible to make a lot more money here!

Although the highest paying jobs I've had have all taken me out of the state...

I'd rather make 80 K in the suburbs here than make 250K in NYC

a 300K house here is like a 2 million dollar house in NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships