Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just be forewarned, the NW isn't the friendliest place in the world. You could message NWgirl72 if you want to find out more about Portland.
I admit I groaned when I read Portland. First and foremost, do not move here if you do not already have a job and if you can't stand the rain.

As for the dating scene, here's the short version: if you are a decent looking, single man between the ages of 30-45 who actually leaves the house, you can just sit back and wait for women to approach you because despite this being a metro area of over 2 million people, the single male population seems to be either 25 or 50 and older, whereas the single woman range from 22-65.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 09:55 PM
J24 J24 started this thread

448 posts, read 863,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I admit I groaned when I read Portland. First and foremost, do not move here if you do not already have a job and if you can't stand the rain.

As for the dating scene, here's the short version: if you are a decent looking, single man between the ages of 30-45 who actually leaves the house, you can just sit back and wait for women to approach you because despite this being a metro area of over 2 million people, the single male population seems to be either 25 or 50 and older, whereas the single woman range from 22-65.
I will have a job if I move there and I love the rain, so that settles those two. Haha.

If I move there, I'll be a decent looking single man, though younger than your said age (I'm 23), who will leave the house and approach women. If the single women range from 22+ then I think I should be alright.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:07 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I will have a job if I move there and I love the rain, so that settles those two. Haha.

If I move there, I'll be a decent looking single man, though younger than your said age (I'm 23), who will leave the house and approach women. If the single women range from 22+ then I think I should be alright.
Good that you'll have a job. The job market is pretty tight right now. I'm in a 20's and 30's Meetup group. I'd say about 95% of those I meet that are in their 20's are here for school and plan to go where they can get a job when they graduate.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
It's gonna take a lot to take me awaaaaay from yoooou
There's nothing that a hundred men or moooore could ever dooooo
I bless the raaaains down in Aaaaafricaaaa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never haaaa haaaa haaave.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
I've been with the same girl for just under 2 years. Before we started dating we were pretty good friends. We've known each other for close to 5 years. We are great as friends. We both can act like ourselves around each other without trying to impress the other. This is all great, but in the relationship, I don't feel happy. After being together with her for almost 2 years, I still don't feel like I'm really in love with her. At least not in the way that I should be. I've dated a lot, but there's only been one girl I've dated who I actually felt like I truly wanted to marry any spend the rest of my life with. We were together almost a year, so I do know what the feeling is like, and I don't feel it now.

I often find myself thinking about other women. No one in particular, but I almost have a mindset like I'm single. I don't act on these, as I haven't cheated, but I'd by lying if I said I never thought about it. This girl isn't exactly the smartest girl in the world, and she doesn't have any idea what she wants out of life. Both of these bother me. To top that off, the sex life if awful (actually, just the sex). As far as our relationship goes, she's never bitchy, she cooks, is always there for me, and about everything else you could think of. I just don't even feel psychically attracted to her anymore, let alone emotionally.

We broke up once for a few weeks last November but we got back together after I reached out back for her. I felt like I really missed her, but I'm not sure if it was just missing what was familiar. We do spend a lot of time together. I think a part of me is afraid that if I end things with her, I'll be alone. Or that I won't find someone who treats me like she does (she really is great to me). I work full time at a job where I don't really have a chance to meet people aside from those I work with, and there are no prospects there.

I will hopefully be getting a job half way across the country in the next month or so. I've seriously been considering using that as an "out" from the relationship, as she won't be graduating school until next spring.

Have I just been settling this whole time? Should I end it and just try my luck with being single and alone, or hope I get the job far from here and try to start over there?
If you have to ask you probably are but ONLY YOU really know if you are settling or not.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:55 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Yes, sounds to me like you are settling. And it sounds like you have a sweet girlfriend. She deserves someone who is crazy about her, not someone who is always thinking about other women whether he acts on it or not. You can't help the way you don't feel about her, but you can help leading her on when you know this relationship doesn't have a future.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:06 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
I know three ladies from Oklahoma, who are beautiful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships