Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 08:27 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times

Advertisements

its pretty simple OP. you wait. You find a guy you like, you dont give it up for the first month or so...

I hate to say this but its probably also the type of guys ur attracted to. if your into the super confident, outgoing guys, they will probably burn you. I'm not saying everyone is like this but u have to realize how guys are in college.

The best way to protect urself is to make the guy wait and judge his character. If you say No and they bolt then u have ur answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:45 AM

521 posts, read 762,786 times
How long you wait to have sex w/ a guy does not determine whether or not a LTR will ensue

Old 11-12-2012, 08:51 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
My advice to those who are responding in this thread, is to check the other threads started by this OP.

The majority of the threads she started, she posts the OP and nothing more.

You have no idea if she is even reading your replies.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
How long you wait to have sex w/ a guy does not determine whether or not a LTR will ensue

Are you speaking for guys here?

'Cos they might look at it differently.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:13 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

Pulls up a chair.......fill me in.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post

Actually I agree with her. When you sleep with someone for the first time is no guarantee a person will be there for the long haul. That's why I never agree with women saying I am going to make a guy wait this long before I sleep with him, as if that would guarantee anything. You can make a man wait 90 days, and he could sleep with you and still not call you back. Or you could sleep with him after 9 dates, and you guys are together for years.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:25 AM

12,962 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Sounds like abandonment issues. People who see themselves as attractive, secure and fun to be around usually don't have to worry about "being alone" Sometimes they struggle just to get some time by themselves so they can get things done. Hopefully the OP lives in an area large enough that she hasn't been "type cast" yet.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Sounds like abandonment issues. People who see themselves as attractive, secure and fun to be around usually don't have to worry about "being alone" Sometimes they struggle just to get some time by themselves so they can get things done. Hopefully the OP lives in an area large enough that she hasn't been "type cast" yet.
On CD posters make it seem as if only virtuous women are relationship material..its the exact opposite in real life. Many men will date, and even marry women who have a reputation for being promiscuous. Being virginal does not always guarantee a LTR or husband..

Old 11-12-2012, 09:46 AM

998 posts, read 1,215,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I have no idea the percentage, but to state that most guys across the board, do not want to settle down in their twenties is false and quite misleading. Many of them are in LTRs just not with the OP.

And you finally decided to settle down at 40, that's all fine and dandy but women have biological clocks and we are not about to wait until our eggs are dried up until a man is finally ready to be a husband
That's just it. - I have never herd a man say their biological clock is ticking.

We believe we are indestructible until our middle age. We don't need to rely on anyone when we are young. We just want to work hard & play hard. Family planning is no where near the top of a young man's list. Ask any young man if he would rather go to a drag race or a baby shower.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeKrewe View Post
That's just it. - I have never herd a man say their biological clock is ticking.

We believe we are indestructible until our middle age. We don't need to rely on anyone when we are young. We just want to work hard & play hard. Family planning is no where near the top of a young man's list. Ask any man if he would rather go to a drag race or a baby shower.
Baby showers are for women

I disagree w/ what you're saying. I've seen plenty of young men in their early 20s in committed relationships. Not all men are interested in staying single and without children well into their 40s. Usually a lot of "is he gay" speculations start to surface around that age...so men are not immune to the pressure to start a traditional family by a certain age
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships