Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:49 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's used often to describe retail and commerce: brick and mortar stores have an physical location vs. online stores that don't.
We dun say that up hurr in canaduh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 02:54 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
This might BE mainstream ... but it's a deal-breaker if he is a religious fundamentalist (of any religion). In other words he must have a working brain.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
This is semi-mainstream, but for me a deal breaker is anyone who is sill sagging their pants after about age 24.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,656,708 times
1.) If they are into collectible card games like Magic. D&D or video games are OK as long as you don't live like a shut-in and can balance reality with your hobby...but for some reason the card games annoy me.

2.) Drama of any sort, anyone who talks about "haters" (male or female) or can't hold down work or has drug problems...basically if your life revolves around crisis. And while this would seem like a mainstream dealbreaker, there are WAY too many people like this in the world...

3.) Hatred of any animal. You don't have to be a tree hugging animal lover, but if you think real men hate cats for instance, I have no use for that. I don't have pets, but hating animals of any kind is lame to me.

4.) Too "normal." In my office, we have a thing where we introduce ourselves to each other when new people join the team. If all I hear is "Hi, I'm Cathy, I have two kids and a dog" a million times, I'm annoyed. Especially if I know you are actually into drag racing, or you knit like a fiend...it's OK to be interesting and I prefer it, in males and females. Wear it on your sleeve. Wear it on your skin. Fly your freak flag, but don't bore me.

5.) Libras. Because I've had too many issues with 'em in the past.

6.) People who are exlusively into rap or country music, or men who like girly music. I once met a guy who seemed all hardcore, then he played this acoustic guitar with a saccharine girly girl singing over it and said "this is what all music should sound like" sort of wistfully. I was like, get that Lillith Fair, estrogen-fest nonsense outta my ear-space. Ugh. Man card, REVOKED! I spend a lot of time in moshpits. A real man would go with me.

7.) Guys who have issues with my occasional need for social activity, including male friends and acquaintances. I don't go out that often, less than once a month, and I'm good at being faithful and situationally aware. If a guy is going to go with me and gets annoyed when I talk to all sorts of people, or gets bent if he can't be there to watch over me, that is not good.

Many of these lessons I've learned the hard way in the marriage I'm currently in...if one day I am single, I will know better.

Oh, and I also don't like rigid adherence to any religious or political affiliation.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,050,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post

4.) Too "normal." In my office, we have a thing where we introduce ourselves to each other when new people join the team. If all I hear is "Hi, I'm Cathy, I have two kids and a dog" a million times, I'm annoyed. Especially if I know you are actually into drag racing, or you knit like a fiend...it's OK to be interesting and I prefer it, in males and females. Wear it on your sleeve. Wear it on your skin. Fly your freak flag, but don't bore me.
I like this one. It's different. We're all supposed to be unique.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
If she is totally clueless about everything around her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships