Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,039,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Repped.
Double Repped

Old 11-13-2012, 03:26 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
It just shows her true colours to openly admit to being such a nasty person. Did she really think she would get nice responses? Really?

None of us are perfect by any means but there are certain standards we should at least aspire to as an adult. Making fun of people for their shortcomings is juvenile at best, sociopathic at worst.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM

4,380 posts, read 4,448,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think because someone has been on there for awhile means there's anything wrong with them like the OP suggested.
Oh, I agree. For some people, it just takes longer to find what they are looking for. My late husband was 33 when we met. A dear friend of mine didn't meet the love of her life (as she calls him) until she was 42.

I think we live in an age of instant gratification and a lot of people have dating ADD. By the time they set up a date with person A, they'll chatting with people B, C and D and are looking for E. You have both sides doing that and nothing really ever has a chance to grow. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this-it's just a lot different from when I was last single and looking which was at the end of 1999 and it doesn't surprise me that so many singles I know are frustrated with dating.

When I tried OKC last year, the first two to contact me were a guy whose incredibly negative profile stated what type of flea control medication I would have to use on my pets if we got together and had detailed information on how to successfully file an OSHA claim. The second was separated and spent the last several years thinking he should have been born a woman. Not what I was looking for, but I certainly didn't laugh at them.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:52 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,674 times
Whether you believe in it or not, karma will get you.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:53 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,103,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
Oh, I agree. For some people, it just takes longer to find what they are looking for. My late husband was 33 when we met. A dear friend of mine didn't meet the love of her life (as she calls him) until she was 42.

I think we live in an age of instant gratification and a lot of people have dating ADD. By the time they set up a date with person A, they'll chatting with people B, C and D and are looking for E. You have both sides doing that and nothing really ever has a chance to grow. Of course, this is just my opinion. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this-it's just a lot different from when I was last single and looking which was at the end of 1999 and it doesn't surprise me that so many singles I know are frustrated with dating.

When I tried OKC last year, the first two to contact me were a guy whose incredibly negative profile stated what type of flea control medication I would have to use on my pets if we got together and had detailed information on how to successfully file an OSHA claim. The second was separated and spent the last several years thinking he should have been born a woman. Not what I was looking for, but I certainly didn't laugh at them.
I couldn't agree more with the bolded. Online dating can be like walking on egg shells. One wrong move and the person you're seeing will go back online and find someone else. Seems like everyone is chasing perfection and dating so many people at once it's impossible to make a real connection. It's always hard for me to relax even when I meet someone I really like spending time with because of the unknown of how many others they're seeing and the feeling that at any time I might be dropped for a better option.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:59 PM

233 posts, read 445,036 times
Bragging about rude behavior is not a good look on anyone. I'm not great with words, but some great men have written down things that sum up the points many of us are trying to make. Notice many of these are from the Holy Bible, which you as a practicing Catholic are familiar with, I'm sure. I hope you find what you are looking for.

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you" -Holy Bible
"Be the change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi
"Two wrongs don't make a right" -Unknown
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone" - Holy Bible
"Judge not, lest ye be judged" -Holy Bible
"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself" -Holy Bible and a commandment
"By swallowing evil words unsaid, no one has ever harmed his stomach" -Winston Churchill
"Karma's a B****" -Unknown
"You reap what you sow" -Holy Bible

Old 11-13-2012, 04:09 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,341,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Yup. Ugly people aren't allowed to leave there houses, and when we try, we get stuff thrown at us! I am spied on all the time to make sure that my face doesn't see daylight!
Same with me

Old 11-13-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
What is wrong with you? Do you make this stuff up just to stir everyone up, or are you really this pathetic? If someone contacts me online that I'm not interested in, I click delete and move on. I don't make fun of them or send their profile to my friends. And you're 40 years old?? And religious? And yet you deem huge groups of men beneath you and laugh they have the audacity to write to someone so much out of their league? I'd rather date someone obese with 5 different baby mommas than a hyprocrite with an inflated ego.
The really scary thing is that I have lived in a town full of people like this and they will do all this and worse. They would slander you to death and make you unemployable.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:16 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
making a profile specifically for this maybe. just look at this forum for examples of people "laughing" at peoples ridiculous profiles.

there is nothing immature about laughing at people causing there own shame and never realizing it. its not the fact they are "sad" or pathetic...its the fact they just do not see why they are so "unlucky"
Or you can always ignore them. At the very least if you do make fun of people's profiles you should keep it to yourself. If you can't do that then don't expect a bunch of high-fives and pats on the back when you post this on a public website.

Old 11-13-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
But I don't contact you on dating sites asking you out. These guys do and I am sick of it. It's one thing that they are old, fat whatever but to say they bypass women like them to contact me horrifies me.
Close your account then.

I myself don't deal with dating sites because... stuff like this is the least of my worries. What about dealing with someone who posts a picture of a extremely attractive woman and when we meet HE TURNS OUT TO BE AN FAT BALDING PORKY-FACED MALE RAPIST?!!!

Okay, it doesn't normally get that extreme, but my friends have stories of **** like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships