Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Ok, hold your breath and jump.
I think he was using hyperbole. You can't really jump off the planet. Well, I guess you could if your legs were as strong as rocket engines and you could maintain a speed of 11km/s to enter orbit. I don't really know the guy, maybe it's possible.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:38 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Trimac, there have been attempts to dismantle tribalism and transform society into a more advanced, efficient structure, and generally speaking they failed miserably and were hijacked by dictators and bureaucrats. I think we simply have to accept that people just don't care as much about strangers as they do those who are of their genes, there's no biological incentive present. The levels of loyalty generally go like this - close family, extended family, neighbourhood, town, province or state, country. I'm talking secular loyalty of course but you could inject religious and/or god(s) where needed into that rough order.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Trimac, there have been attempts to dismantle tribalism and transform society into a more advanced, efficient structure, and generally speaking they failed miserably and were hijacked by dictators and bureaucrats. I think we simply have to accept that people just don't care as much about strangers as they do those who are of their genes, there's no biological incentive present. The levels of loyalty generally go like this - close family, extended family, neighbourhood, town, province or state, country. I'm talking secular loyalty of course but you could inject religious and/or god(s) where needed into that rough order.
The sobering fact that most people don't give a damn about most of humanity is why global warming, wars.etc will probably destroy us ALL.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:06 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
The friggin idea of chivalry is to give women special treatment, whether you like it or not. When was the last time you rushed to open a car door for your buddy?

I'm not saying you should. But I just think stupid. I may not have a girlfriend, but tons of guys with girlfriends don't need to do any of that old fashioned stuff to please their girlfriends. If they DO do it, it's out of general courtesy/consideration, because he cares for her, not just because she's a woman. They also do other things to show they care, like treating her with respect and like a human being. Opening doors, showering her with flowers and serenading her while viewing her as some sort of idol on a pedestal not as a human being is not what women want these days.
Your girlfriend should receive different treatment than your friends. :/

Sounds to me like you're turning into one of the bitter people on CD.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Your girlfriend should receive different treatment than your friends. :/

Sounds to me like you're turning into one of the bitter people on CD.
I think it's more a case of not living as much in the real world, due to various reasons. I actually don't care about much of what I post.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
The sobering fact that most people don't give a damn about most of humanity is why global warming, wars.etc will probably destroy us ALL.
Who cares? Family is still more important.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
I think he was using hyperbole. You can't really jump off the planet. Well, I guess you could if your legs were as strong as rocket engines and you could maintain a speed of 11km/s to enter orbit. I don't really know the guy, maybe it's possible.
Well when I die, I think I wanna be cremated and sent off into orbit. It will make it easier for God to find me, or for my soul to go to Heaven.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Who cares? Family is still more important.
So would you kill for family?

Fancy being a Don Corleone?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Well when I die, I think I wanna be cremated and sent off into orbit. It will make it easier for God to find me, or for my soul to go to Heaven.
What.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
What.
You heard me bird.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships