Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 03:46 PM

29 posts, read 28,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well you didn't create an account to discuss pumpkin pie recipes or the virtues of Bangor Maine now did you?
Well no, I know nothing about pumpkin pie recipes or the virtues of Bangor Maine I joined to talk about anything and everything that I know anything about.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:36 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times
As a man, I find there are women from every race, ethnicity, and country who are beautiful. I find it hard to believe someone who could not find one attractive person out of a certain group.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:46 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,694,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
As a man, I find there are women from every race, ethnicity, and country who are beautiful. I find it hard to believe someone who could not find one attractive person out of a certain group.

It is possible if you have limited or lob-sided exposure to other races. For example, if someone only sees a certain race living in trailers, toothless and diseased, it's easy to say "I don't find that race attractive." Not everyone is well travelled or even gets outside their own county much (sad I know) I also don't think it necessarily reflects racism, just a reflection of their circumstances.

Attraction is a very subjective thing and largely outside the controls of our P.C culture

Last edited by tropical87; 11-22-2012 at 05:03 PM..

Old 11-22-2012, 04:51 PM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicoastal10 View Post
I'm not a chick, man. I'm just a guy who knows that it's virtually impossible to find no one of a certain race attractive. If you think that it's possible, you either don't get out much, havent been exposed to many people of that race, or have racist views which have skewed your perception.
Whateverrrrrrrrr... What's the matter, you mad someone can turn you down for a reason you don't think is justified? Who cares! That happens to people in ALL categories.

You can call someone "pretty" but not be SEXUALLY ATTRACTED TO THEM. Why is this so hard to understand?

Saying "I don't find women over 5'11 attractive" is the same thing as me saying "I don't find Black or Asian women attractive". In either scenario, the said group doesn't tickle your fancy, and there's nothing the said group can do to change your mind. Switching the attribute doesn't change the fact that you're not attracted to a certain group.

Why all the ruckus? If someone isn't attracted to YOUR skin color, facial features, weight, height, etc MOVE ON! Find the next person who WOULD be interested in you.

All of this talk about "there's an agenda", or "something is wrong with people who think this way", those people either have a hard time attracting someone themselves, or cannot accept that someone will turn them down for something that "isn't fair" (lol).

Get over yourselves. You can't tell someone what they're "supposed" to find attractive, that's up to the person. YOU CANNOT FORCE SEXUAL ATTRACTION IF SOMEONE HAS MANY CHOICES AVAILABLE TO THEM. SEXUAL ATTRACTION IS AN INDIVIDUAL THING

Old 11-22-2012, 04:59 PM

499 posts, read 756,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
It is possible if you have limited or lob-sided exposure to other races. For example, if someone only sees a certain race living in trailers, toothless and diseased, it's easy to say "I don't find that race attractive." Not everyone is well travelled or even gets outside their own county much (sad I know) I also don't think it necessarily reflects racism, just a reflection of limited circumstances. If, on the other hand, someone says "I could never sleep with/date race X" - this is extremely narrow minded and racist though.
YOU CANNOT FORCE SEXUAL ATTRACTION!!!!!!!!!. It is the person's individual right to sleep with whomever they want!

You can't force someone to sleep with extremely tall women if they don't want to, you can't force someone to sleep with obese men if they don't want to, you can't force someone to sleep with a midget if they don't wnat to, you can't force someone to sleep with an old woman if they don't want to. RACE FALLS IN THE SAME CATEGORY!

If a guy doesn't find Indian women attractive, or if a woman doesn't find Black men attractive, then she doesn't "have to want to sleep with them".

You're not going to shove sexual attraction down someone's throats. You can respect and be friends with someone and not be sexually attracted to them.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
You certainly are worked up into a huff over this issue.

Not one single post in this thread (except yours) implies that people are attempting to shove sexual attraction down someone's throat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter002 View Post
YOU CANNOT FORCE SEXUAL ATTRACTION!!!!!!!!!. It is the person's individual right to sleep with whomever they want!

You can't force someone to sleep with extremely tall women if they don't want to, you can't force someone to sleep with obese men if they don't want to, you can't force someone to sleep with a midget if they don't wnat to, you can't force someone to sleep with an old woman if they don't want to. RACE FALLS IN THE SAME CATEGORY!

If a guy doesn't find Indian women attractive, or if a woman doesn't find Black men attractive, then she doesn't "have to want to sleep with them".

You're not going to shove sexual attraction down someone's throats. You can respect and be friends with someone and not be sexually attracted to them.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:15 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
noses like apes? funny body shapes? hairy palms and saggy butts?

Where do people get these from?
I know, right?

Old 11-22-2012, 07:16 PM

65 posts, read 144,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Well, there are socio-historical reasons for this. In Malaysia at least, white is still considered attractive, due to the legacy of being an ex-colony of the British empire. My dad has no trouble getting respect simply due to his ethnicity, whereas I've seen my mom struggle alot to win respect. Being brought up with the expats I had a strange dichotomy, on one hand I was one of the local guys, knew the language, ate the street food, on the other hand I also wanted to be one of the European guys, partying it up and getting all the girls. It was difficult not having a firm cultural identity, I couldn't relate to the local Chinese girls my aunts kept trying to pair me with but neither could I attract the foreigners.
I don't your description of acculturation of race and culture is unusual for colonized/ex-colonized people or for mixed race peoples. However the lengths that a lot of Asians will go to ingratiate with white people is pretty well documented based on marriage rates and dating habits. Its interesting considering that Whites strongly prefer other whites, yet increasingly many Asian groups will go with whites at the exclusion of other groups, even their own, despite the fact that there are perfectly reasonably attractive people of other races with excellent prospects. I believe being perceived as a model minority and being far more accepted by Whites compared to Blacks is a strong impetus for this strong preference.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 PM

65 posts, read 144,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I have a white friend who exclusively dates Asian women. I really think he does not like black women at all, but he's said demeaning things about them. It did annoy me. I do know several people who don't like black women either, and while I respect their preferences, just voicing some of their reasoning. If it offends.

I've hardly met any black women here, but the ones I met in America are cool. So now, I'm not trying to put them down or attack them. I could use Asians as an example, yeah all the stereotypes, small eyes, short, small dinger, silly stereotypes of which there are tons of exceptions. If I'm a victim of those stereotypes why on earth would I want to attack blacks or black women? Out of bitterness? Give me a break, and stop trying to accuse me of things. I know what I believe anyway, I don't need anyone to presume I'm secretly a racist.

I've also said I don't worship whiteness, although I admit I may've done so in the past. Plenty of ugly people of all races. Plenty of attractive non-white folks of all races I would love to get to know.
Well it's pretty obvious that those descriptors are highly offensive and the way they rolled off your keyboard seemed as if you held those beliefs already and needed a cover to express them . Also as if you didn't know Blacks have been compared to animals in one form or another for centuries and continues to this day. Ape and monkey being prominent descriptions with the implication that Blacks have bestial features, and are no better than the lowest animal. Especially Black women who are often held in contrast to White, Asian, and Hispanic women who are seen as more feminine then Black women and thus more palatable. (See Satoshi Kanazawa Why Are Black Women Less Physically Attractive Than Other Women? Why black women, but not black men?, even though that article was debunked--the thought is out there)

On this board it never fails that Asians whites and Hispanic women are given plaudits for their feminine mystique, while we are often subjected to the lowest forms of disgust and disbelief that we would be even considered part of the same species due to our "weird ugly bodies, hair, noses and general ugliness." So to use that as an example to illustrate a weak point, just makes it seem as if you harbor those feelings anyway .

You do create a lot of race threads which speaks to the fact that you have a strong interest with that. Since you live in a majority white county, I don't see why you need to focus on Blacks anyway. You can date white women to your heart's content and since Australia has stronger ties to the Asian pacific, it shouldn't be that hard to ingratiate yourself to white women. African descended Blacks are a negligible percentage of people in Australia so your "friend's" strong antipathy and disgust toward Black women is pathetic but just illustrates that no matter what we do Black women can be despised for merely existing.

But whatever, as I said, this is the internet. People excoriating Black women and debating our femininity or lack of despite evidence to the contrary, in one form or another, is business as usual.

Old 11-22-2012, 07:48 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Thread is closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships