Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 AM

101 posts, read 249,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
That is just creepy to be so intense when looking at you and being that close. My husband looks at me all the time but it isn't creepy and just reading your description of how he looks at you now gave me the creeps.
Really? I don't really feel creeped out... Just kind of nervous in a good way. I admit it makes me think about what he's going to do to me in bed later, and those thoughts make me (pleasantly) embarrassed. I mean, they're just my thoughts, but boy if he knew what I'm thinking! LOL

So I wonder if he's having the same sexy thoughts or just feeling the love I guess it does depend on the mood at that moment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 12:32 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalfuchsia View Post
Really? I don't really feel creeped out... Just kind of nervous in a good way. I admit it makes me think about what he's going to do to me in bed later, and those thoughts make me (pleasantly) embarrassed. I mean, they're just my thoughts, but boy if he knew what I'm thinking! LOL

So I wonder if he's having the same sexy thoughts or just feeling the love I guess it does depend on the mood at that moment

I just don't like being the center of attention even with my husband, it makes me very uncomfortable to have anyone's focus that intense on me alone. It doesn't help that I've had 2 stalker's and I am quite uncomfortable in crowds as well. I get quite overwhelmed with a lot of people surrounding me or someone focusing that much on me, even in the grocery. Thank goodness my husband understands and he comes and saves me from being completely overwhelmed when it is needed.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I just don't like being the center of attention even with my husband, it makes me very uncomfortable to have anyone's focus that intense on me alone. It doesn't help that I've had 2 stalker's and I am quite uncomfortable in crowds as well. I get quite overwhelmed with a lot of people surrounding me or someone focusing that much on me, even in the grocery. Thank goodness my husband understands and he comes and saves me from being completely overwhelmed when it is needed.
Oh I see. I'm sorry to hear that CSD610. I'm generally shy when lots of people focus on only me too, but I manage most of the time. I went to school with this girl who would sit far away from the rest of the class. She was really pretty, but she said she gets nervous when people get close to her.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:46 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Quote:
When we first started dating, I would sometimes catch my boyfriend looking at me. He would then act casual and look away or like he's looking at me because we're talking.

It was kind of embarrassing and flattering at the same time. I would then secretly look at myself in the mirror (or anywhere I can see my reflection) to see if I have anything on my face

But now, months into the relationship, he's been more "vulgar." When he's watching TV and I'm doing something else, he would suddenly look at me and stare, until I have to ask him what's wrong. He'd say nothing.

When he's sleeping, I would snuggle next to him, wrap his arms around me... and seconds later I'd realize his snoring has stopped. I would look up at his face and find him looking at me.

This morning, I woke up to see him getting dressed for work. I watched him with half-closed eyes. He was also looking at me. When he was done dressing, he came up to me in bed and stared at me again. His face was so close to mine that it made me conscious.

Of course he'd already brushed and bathed, while I lay in bed with mussed hair, no make up and possibly rheum in my eyes... I covered his eyes with my hand. He removed my hands and held them in his. I asked him what's wrong and he said, "I just wanna look at you. You know I always look at you."

And the way he was doing so, I seriously thought he would get undressed again. LOL But then he kissed me and told me to go back to sleep...

Just couldn't keep the incident from my mind, I just had to share it

I wonder what really goes on in a man's mind when he's looking at his woman?
This is hilarious--thanks.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
This is hilarious--thanks.
Ur welcome. But uhm... why is it hilarious?

Old 11-15-2012, 12:57 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Lucky girl.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:58 AM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,013 times
Quote:
Ur welcome. But uhm... why is it hilarious?
LOL, I don't know. At first, your post kinda reminded me of Mark Whalberg and Reese Witherspoon in that one movie...

For a minute there, I was thinking that this story was taking a more sinister direction (I negelected to notice the smiley face in the thread's title), and I had to laugh at all the different ways that everything prior to "And the way he was doing so..." could be misconstrued.

My mistake.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
awwwwwww

you must really be pretty to him.
We honestly just like looking.

On a more scientific note, our brains are wired to do this, and seeing women turns on the pleasure part of the brain, it's pleasurable to us. It's probably an evolutionary trait designed to get men to chase, try to get women. As in, Look -> enjoy -> get horny -> want woman -> go try to get woman -> babies made, genes spread.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,712,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanuttree View Post
awwwwwww

you must really be pretty to him.
We honestly just like looking.

On a more scientific note, our brains are wired to do this, and seeing women turns on the pleasure part of the brain, it's pleasurable to us. It's probably an evolutionary trait designed to get men to chase, try to get women. As in, Look -> enjoy -> get horny -> want woman -> go try to get woman -> babies made, genes spread.
This. When my wife and I first started dating and sleeping together (actual sleeping, she wanted to wait till marrriage), she didn't realize that I could see her when she got dressed in the morning in the dark. You'd best believe I looked. When I told her about it, she turned as red as could be and got the best grin I've ever seen on her face...I guess she didn't think I'd enjoy the view? lol

Old 11-15-2012, 08:39 AM

227 posts, read 420,484 times
This guy I'm dating does the same thing. One night he actually stared at me for about a hour..He says he's was only looking at me and is admiring my beauty. I guess I can't get upset with that. It does feel weird at first especially being very shy like the OP. He likes you though...don't doubt it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships