U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-08-2013, 06:00 PM

1,337 posts, read 469,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom's Hot Shot View Post
Depends on what she is looking for. She most likely will have to lower her standards a bit. The "dealbreaker" for most men is that she DOESN'T.
I have not had to lower my standards as a single mom, if anything the guys I've attracted lately have been an upgrade(I was in a 9 year relationship with my hs sweetheart and he's the second boyfriend I had) considering that now I tend to attract mid-level men within my field(professional). Neither did my mom(who was a single mom by a deadbeat and married a CEO... Just saying not all of us have had to lower our standards. I know the idea that a quality man would date a woman with a child is hard to believe but it does happen!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 10:33 PM

24 posts, read 2,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
I have not had to lower my standards as a single mom, if anything the guys I've attracted lately have been an upgrade(I was in a 9 year relationship with my hs sweetheart and he's the second boyfriend I had) considering that now I tend to attract mid-level men within my field(professional). Neither did my mom(who was a single mom by a deadbeat and married a CEO... Just saying not all of us have had to lower our standards. I know the idea that a quality man would date a woman with a child is hard to believe but it does happen!!!
I know they do...BUT that doesn't mean they are a perfect 10 anymore without baggage and or other previous relationship drama/problems brought forth with a new realtionship. Some/many men don't want to get involved.

I'll admit it is cute that single mothers will still have the ego to tell an 8 to get lost because he isn't a 10 or doesn't make enough money and whatnot.

Don't be upset when the tables are turned.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:06 AM

4,847 posts, read 2,337,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom's Hot Shot View Post
I know they do...BUT that doesn't mean they are a perfect 10 anymore without baggage and or other previous relationship drama/problems brought forth with a new realtionship. Some/many men don't want to get involved.

I'll admit it is cute that single mothers will still have the ego to tell an 8 to get lost because he isn't a 10 or doesn't make enough money and whatnot.

Don't be upset when the tables are turned.
You don't need to be so condescending. She's obviously a perfect 10 to somebody, and that's the amazing part...that she can be perfect for someone according to that guy's standards, not yours.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:12 AM

1,106 posts, read 393,432 times
Women that have a kid = no LTR potential with me. No exceptions

Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 AM

33,095 posts, read 18,997,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tele-Cat View Post
I judge ALL mothers equally - to be avoided, at least as far as my interest goes. I'd rather die alone than put up with anyone's kids.
Is that why you talk to them? Hmmmm....interesting.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM

33,095 posts, read 18,997,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Women that have a kid = no LTR potential with me. No exceptions
It's ok any sensible mom knows a good man after all fool me once shame on me.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:20 AM

1,106 posts, read 393,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It's ok any sensible mom knows a good man after all fool me once shame on me.
It's just so much complication that is completely unnecessary if you're not forced into it. Not only that, you're basically cuckolding yourself by choice.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:48 AM

8 posts, read 2,668 times
Maybe they're lucky if a guy even decides to give them a chance to prove themselves to him!

Old 10-09-2013, 11:51 AM

5,074 posts, read 2,574,990 times
Observe how male lions or male bears in the wild, treat other males offspring when they approach the female. Is it any wonder that many men aren't willing to raise some other losers devil spawn?

Old 10-09-2013, 12:03 PM

4,268 posts, read 1,908,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Observe how male lions or male bears in the wild, treat other males offspring when they approach the female. Is it any wonder that many men aren't willing to raise some other losers devil spawn?
I can understand why a man would want to date a woman with no kids... but is it really necessary to call children names and to assume the man is a loser? What if he died in Iraq, killed by a roadside bomb and left behind a widow and child? Suddenly he's a loser and the child is "devil spawn?" Or what if a man divorced his wife because she was abusive? Suddenly he's a loser and his child is devil spawn? And I don't think it's necessary to compare human men to beasts with no compassion and morals that want to go around killing children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships