Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by he's so hott View Post
WTH is going on here.
Racism and feminism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 06:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Because at some point I made a comment about her shaking her ass in a night club. It was racist, according to her, because she's black.

LMAO. If that is it, she is either Nyanna or off her rocker. The end.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yes, LD is somewhat of a different issue altogether....I guess I am out of the loop then as far as how women have advanced into those positions at high numbers like you do. Most of the women that work with me are in office positions. There's 2 female doctors but I don't work for them. You are in a science environment where there's a lot more women then I expected. Well I bet the men that you work with don't treat you and the other women right for being in those positions. Men resent women who work in those fields, similar to Jet in the mechanics field. I worked for lawyers in the past and I never work for another one, they are horrible.
They are nothing like Jet's co-workers. I had one problem with one boss in the department I was in prior (he undercut women in pay), but other than that no problems whatsoever. The men are respectful. I have older male scientists even who try to bring me onto their teams (we lack resources for all the needs/wants). Everybody just wants to get the job done. Everybody wants to succeed. It's like a constant race. We're so busy, just like everyone.
Quote:
I don't have FB, because I don't want to 'connect with family & friends.' LOL. You crack me up w/ your Jersey references.... My mother died last year, but some of my family gets together at my grandmother's. I will probably make a brief appearance for the sake of her and then go home. I don't enjoy social gatherings like most other people....who are you celebrating with? I know you're married already.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She must have been young. I would imagine that would have brought you and your sister closer together. No? It's good to see family at least a little during the holidays, although it can be crazy. I'm going to Jersey. I can't help all the references. Coastal Jersey is just crazy. My husband will be with and our dog. My gram lives with my mom (she'll be 95 on the 1st), so I want to see her. This will be their first time seeing me with the belly. So, we're gonna celebrate. With that said, my mom can be a real PIA. Hopefully there won't be too much drama.
Quote:
That is really, really sad, Braunwyn. I know you said you were there when he passed, but still..... He sounds like one those people that lived life a certain way and accepted the risks of doing so. Those kinds of people also drive me crazy, because i'm all about a plan, LOL. But the way they are does add a certain 'something' to life that otherwise wouldn't be there, I can admit that much.
Yea, you have him spot on. And thanks. My gosh, what a hijacking this has been.

Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
LMAO. If that is it, she is either Nyanna or off her rocker. The end.
It is crazy. Part of it for me is that I used to manage a night club and I've commented on that in the past. It was such a trashy place. The bull crap that would go on there. I couldn't get over it. It was very difficult to manage. It was difficult to manage the people. They would drink too much. They would act up. They would fight. bletch. Don't get me wrong, going to a club to see a favorite DJ I get. I get raves. I get parties. Top 40-trash clubs. It's all garbage. So, I have a pretty negative view of it.

Anyhow, do you see above how me thinking she's either drinking or taking Ambien, to account for the crazy behavior, is interpreted because she's black. Now it's addicts and crack because she's black. That's how she manages it.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
It is crazy. Part of it for me is that I used to manage a night club and I've commented on that in the past. It was such a trashy place. The bull crap that would go on there. I couldn't get over it. It was very difficult to manage. It was difficult to manage the people. They would drink too much. They would act up. They would fight. bletch. Don't get me wrong, going to a club to see a favorite DJ I get. I get raves. I get parties. Top 40-trash clubs. It's all garbage. So, I have a pretty negative view of it.

I know exactly what you mean and I didn't manage the place. I didn't enjoy my experiences in them, so I stopped going.... I only seen 2 types of women that go to the clubs -- the ones that don't go very often, but go for the group's sake or the other type . There might be another type that goes, but those are the main two that I've seen....Granted, there's lots of lounges that don't function in a trashy manner in the NYC/NJ area and probably some up around your way as well. But majority nightclubs are not high class, prominent establishments, get real.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
They are nothing like Jet's co-workers. I had one problem with one boss in the department I was in prior (he undercut women in pay), but other than that no problems whatsoever. The men are respectful. I have older male scientists even who try to bring me onto their teams (we lack resources for all the needs/wants). Everybody just wants to get the job done. Everybody wants to succeed. It's like a constant race. We're so busy, just like everyone.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. She must have been young. I would imagine that would have brought you and your sister closer together. No? It's good to see family at least a little during the holidays, although it can be crazy. I'm going to Jersey. I can't help all the references. Coastal Jersey is just crazy. My husband will be with and our dog. My gram lives with my mom (she'll be 95 on the 1st), so I want to see her. This will be their first time seeing me with the belly. So, we're gonna celebrate. With that said, my mom can be a real PIA. Hopefully there won't be too much drama.

Yea, you have him spot on. And thanks. My gosh, what a hijacking this has been.
Well if you say so, I do not beleive a woman can work in a male dominated environment and have peace and equal footing. My experience, when you work with a lot of men they create a 'good ol' boys network,' and leave the women out of the loop. This happens, IMO, any time groups of men get together, inside or outside work. If you say you all get along, then I will just have to go with that then.

She was 60, so yea basically young. Me and my sister do not get along, never have, she's a liar and abusive and I'm not, simple answer....your grandmother is almost 100, well congrats to her! Mine is in her 80s, it is neat thinking about how they have lived through all of these decades and the inventions, wars, etc. they must've seen from then up until now. I like hearing her stories, pretty sure yours has some too at that age. Your probably mentioned it on here, omg, I didn't know you were pregnant! -- good nite.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean and I didn't manage the place. I didn't enjoy my experiences in them, so I stopped going.... I only seen 2 types of women that go to the clubs -- the ones that don't go very often, but go for the group's sake or the other type . There might be another type that goes, but those are the main two that I've seen....Granted, there's lots of lounges that don't function in a trashy manner in the NYC/NJ area and probably some up around your way as well. But majority nightclubs are not high class, prominent establishments, get real.
That's pretty much it. A majority aren't. I think the music is better in more clubs in Jersey and NYC compared to the hole I was managing, but any place that has a lot of people and booze tends to lead to trouble. I used to drive women home from my place when I found them staggering around. And I tried to control consumption, but that was pointless.
Quote:
Well if you say so, I do not beleive a woman can work in a male dominated environment and have peace and equal footing. My experience, when you work with a lot of men they create a 'good ol' boys network,' and leave the women out of the loop. This happens, IMO, any time groups of men get together, inside or outside work. If you say you all get along, then I will just have to go with that then.
I may be a little naive too. I get caught up in my own world. I have heard some women make mention of the boys club down stairs, so I won't say anything concrete here. I know we have a ways to go.
Quote:
She was 60, so yea basically young. Me and my sister do not get along, never have, she's a liar and abusive and I'm not, simple answer....your grandmother is almost 100, well congrats to her! Mine is in her 80s, it is neat thinking about how they have lived through all of these decades and the inventions, wars, etc. they must've seen from then up until now. I like hearing her stories, pretty sure yours has some too at that age. Your probably mentioned it on here, omg, I didn't know you were pregnant! -- good nite.
It's sad you don't get on with her being your only sibling. You're so right about our grams. What they must have seen over the past century. Lots of changes. My gram came over from Italy. She had it rough. And thanks! Hopefully all goes well. You have a good evening as well. It's been a trip.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,135,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You disgust me.

Now you are so desperate you bring up a late uncle who black? You think that clutching to racial straws will make your previous lies disappear?

You think that claiming I am on drugs is your way to win, even though it isn't true? You lying slag, now you claim I am a pill popper because it suits your pursposes and I am just another nig so why not?

You want to "win" so badly on an internet forum you will advance such lies in order to male yourself feel better?

You are a disgusting person. Choke on my vomit.
Don't you know? EVERYONE has a late black uncle or black friend that excuses them from being racist!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I don't think I've ever heard Braunwyn even mention race - and now somehow she's racist? That's funny!

Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
Don't you know? EVERYONE has a late black uncle or black friend that excuses them from being racist!
Everyone does not have my family. Very few have our family makeup. It's one of the many reasons why she has to make up this crap because it does exist. What does exist is her racism. And I'm glad for this thread because she could not hold back. People never do. People are always consistent.

Quote:
Dont worry though, these white women will eventually say something to make you feel good about yourself for 3-4 minutes. Keep digging. You will find your gold star eventually.
racism
Quote:
Of course you are confused. That is why you alhave signed up to Brauwnyns army. Bookmark this and email me in a few years, once she has scraped your black ass off her white shoe.
racism
Quote:
She is white, surely she.is.right and my black ass.is.wrong... even though you thought I was white until today!
racism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I don't think I've ever heard Braunwyn even mention race - and now somehow she's racist? That's funny!
Yea, I'm racist because she's black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships