Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
There is this gorgeous black girl who goes out all the time to this bar that I visit. She is just magnificent in every imaginable way. I have talked to her on a few separate occasions and we get along really great

Anyways, the issue is that she is 32 years old. The funny thing is though that she looks much younger and I look much older so we look like a regular couple when we're talking. She was very much into me when we first met, until she found out my age, then she kind of backed off just a bit. Since then, she seems to be more into me. Yesterday, we were talking (having a lot of fun) and she said that she loves going to New York because all the men there are more of the darker complexion and she really likes the olive complexion/dark hair look that I have. She also said she wanted to sing a few songs with me (It's a karaoke bar)
Have you ever noticed how much you talk about how people look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Rejection is about as pleasant as a root canal
OK, so why are you asking us if the age difference is too much to overcome? If you're not willing to take the risk of asking her out?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, so why are you asking us if the age difference is too much to overcome? If you're not willing to take the risk of asking her out?
He's too busy comparing their skin colors and thinking about how they're going to age together to have any time to do something crazy like... go out with her.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:16 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,678,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Have you ever noticed how much you talk about how people look?

You ever notice this part "she loves going to New York because all the men there are more of the darker complexion and she really likes the olive complexion/dark hair look that I have" was not my words, but her words?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:

I'm trying to figure out if there's even a decent chance of success here

If the chance is small, I would rather not ask out. The unpleasantness of rejection is not really worth a small success possibility

Damn, I wish she was like 25-26. I would have asked her out first time I met her

Old 11-16-2012, 07:18 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
You ever notice this part "she loves going to New York because all the men there are more of the darker complexion and she really likes the olive complexion/dark hair look that I have" was not my words, but her words?
And in spite of her giving you some signals (inviting you to karaoke with her, among other things), you're still not willing to take a chance. So...why are you here?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Prove to her you're not just another kid who wants some 'cougar' action. Not that 32 is what i'd deem a 'cougar', some 32 yo women could pass for teenagers and still get asked for ID.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
And in spite of her giving you some signals (inviting you to karaoke with her, among other things), you're still not willing to take a chance. So...why are you here?

Would you consider that flirting?

I don't assume a woman is attracted to me unless she makes it much much more obvious than that. You never know, she could just be friendly

Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Prove to her you're not just another kid who wants some 'cougar' action. Not that 32 is what i'd deem a 'cougar', some 32 yo women could pass for teenagers and still get asked for ID.

True, with facial hair I could pass as being older than her. I don't feel any age difference either

Although I have friends in their late 30s so that age difference doesn't bother me at all

Old 11-16-2012, 07:23 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out if there's even a decent chance of success here

If the chance is small, I would rather not ask out. The unpleasantness of rejection is not really worth a small success possibility

Damn, I wish she was like 25-26. I would have asked her out first time I met her
She's flirting with you. Ask her out already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships