Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,872,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It took me so many years to realize that is life in the dating world because years ago i would YELL and SCREAM and get my blood pressure up not realizing that it was a waste of time because you have to play games when dating whether you like it or not.

For example, I told this girl I wouldn't be able to meet her next week because I'm going out of town to a homecoming. The real reason was because my money is tight and I rather wait until the following weekend LOL

So in dating you have to play games and expect other people to play them too
That's not playing games, that's playing it smart hahaha. I had to do that numerous times (probably shouldn't be admitting that )

I knew my current gf was a keeper when that happened to me though. I tried to cancel one night and came clean and said I was poor til payday. She said drinks are on me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 12:26 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It took me so many years to realize that is life in the dating world because years ago i would YELL and SCREAM and get my blood pressure up not realizing that it was a waste of time because you have to play games when dating whether you like it or not.

For example, I told this girl I wouldn't be able to meet her next week because I'm going out of town to a homecoming. The real reason was because my money is tight and I rather wait until the following weekend LOL

So in dating you have to play games and expect other people to play them too

Yea I see how that could be classified as a game, but I don't consider it one, I mean she doesn't need to know your financial strain at that point....if you don't have a problem playing the games then so be it. It's not even worth it to me, the modern dating world; these people have so many different things they do and say & some of the stuff defies logic like about the waiting to call period and all that garbage. Ugh.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:28 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,872,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea I see how that could be classified as a game, but I don't consider it one, I mean she doesn't need to know your financial strain at that point....if you don't have a problem playing the games then so be it. It's not even worth it to me, the modern dating world; these people have so many different things they do and say & some of the stuff defies logic like about the waiting to call period and all that garbage. Ugh.

Not all people are like that though, but some definitely are. It just comes down to not caring about the people who suck. I just block them out entirely.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Not all people are like that though, but some definitely are. It just comes down to not caring about the people who suck. I just block them out entirely.

Yea but I see a common thread between what TVSG is talking about and the things people display with dating so IMO, most of them are like that. It's a bunch of game playing and one big clusterf*ck.

Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,920,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Trimac many just don't want to deal with it. So they just fade out. I had one who didn't want to continue dating so he told me he took on 3 shift as the pizza delivery man. A friend found him at the bar when he was "supposedly working".
Aw, who could reject someone as sweet as you? Is wasn't because of your son, was it?

Old 11-17-2012, 03:37 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,920,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Yea but I see a common thread between what TVSG is talking about and the things people display with dating so IMO, most of them are like that. It's a bunch of game playing and one big clusterf*ck.
Clusterf*ck, all I can picture is a very naughty gay fivesome .

Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,608,099 times
No but it does sound like something common. Remember that nobody likes rejecting someone. Everyone has a tough time with doing this and some people (not all!) will do it whatever way they find easiest. It's probably best not to get really upset about it. At least it was done after only one date.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:07 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,042,747 times
Yes, more than once from online dating. I've had excellent first dates, where we are making out and groping each other at the end while having great chemistry. Then when I call or text to set up the second date, they didn't respond; not even to say they weren't interested.

My theory is that they having been dating other men, and are more interested in another guy.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:10 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,901,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Yes, more than once from online dating. I've had excellent first dates, where we are making out and groping each other at the end while having great chemistry. Then when I call or text to set up the second date, they didn't respond; not even to say they weren't interested.

My theory is that they having been dating other men, and are more interested in another guy.

In that case I would say that maybe it was something about your kissing that turned her off because most women will not make out with a guy if they had no intentions on seeing him again.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Clusterf*ck, all I can picture is a very naughty gay fivesome .

Well then that must be b/c you're of the sexual variety, because that never dawns on me when using the word. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships