Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM

1,601 posts, read 2,128,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The worst thing a man could do is to view sex as the end all and start viewing pretty girls as 'rock stars' and viewing themselves as 'mere mortals'. Men who are successful with women are the guys who view THEMSELVES as "rock stars" and women as 'mere mortals'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
true and regardless of what a small vocal minority of self appointed feminist spokespersons of the sisterhood say , most women are turned on by arrogant macho men
Quote:
I wonder if these clowns posting here are also the Republicans posting in the politics forum blaming a poor single mother working 2 jobs for taking tax money from the millionaires.
Who are you people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
Who are you people?
Broken internet people, that's who.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I suspect in most cases, the lack of success is what created the insecurity in the first place.

Being secure and confident is great. Confident men certainly tend to do better with when women than men who are not confident. But overall, I think men have been oversold on the whole confidence thing. The truth is, confidence only matters for men who have a lot of other desirable qualities working for them--e.g. good looks, wit, a sharp sense of humor. Needless to say, men with these qualities already tend to be confident.
Of course no one is going to be attracted to someone who is confident if they have a ****ty personality. That goes without saying.

What I see posted here time and time again is "hit the gym", "go to the gym", "act macho", "hit the gym", "get rich", "buy things," "hit the gym" as if that's all it takes to attract any person, at all. You could hit the gym 24/7, but if you have no personality whatsoever, you're getting nowhere fast.

And while you can't exactly give a person a personality transplant, there are things that a person can do to make themselves more likable. Not taking yourself too seriously, for starters. No one wants to be around someone who can't laugh at themselves.

Other things are to have something to talk about, of substance. People always frown upon religion and politics as topics when getting to know a person because of controversy. But, at least it's something that you have an opinion about and can discuss. Read a goddamn book. Reading isn't for "nerds" or "losers", and not reading is nothing to brag about. Discussing things you like to read, or have read, more often than not leads to meaningful and interesting discussions.

People like having engaging discussions. You can't very well converse with a dullard. Sure, looks help, but they only go so far. And machismo is hardly a becoming trait. And really, money? If you're going out with someone who has a job and therefore their own money, then what?

To get back on topic: insecurity begets failure, which in turn begets more insecurity.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Because we try doing something for ourselves and it still doesn't work.

Be thankful you have never had to go through the scathing rejection that some of us have dealt with. If you ever went though it, you would have more compassion.

I probably get rejected more than you guys because I'm not afraid to talk to women. Difference? I don't give a **** and that's why I date really cool girls.

Maybe if you guys stopped crying over everything you'd be a little better off? Just a thought.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Broken internet people, that's who.
That is really, really sad.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:17 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzled View Post
That is really, really sad.
Yea, and weird. If I didn't view them as potentially dangerous people I'd feel sorry for them.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:19 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,220,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
true and regardless of what a small vocal minority of self appointed feminist spokespersons of the sisterhood say , most women are turned on by arrogant macho men
This isn't true. I'm not arrogant and macho and I get girls.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:21 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,220,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Do you think that the insecurity causes the lack of success or does the lack of success cause the insecurity?
It doesn't really matter.

What matters is fixing both of those things.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:22 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,869,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainJack87 View Post
This isn't true. I'm not arrogant and macho and I get girls.
I'm not either, AND I treat my women well

But shh, let them think they have to be a multi millionaire prick to even be able to approach women haha

Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM

12,101 posts, read 17,040,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I probably get rejected more than you guys because I'm not afraid to talk to women. Difference? I don't give a **** and that's why I date really cool girls.

Maybe if you guys stopped crying over everything you'd be a little better off? Just a thought.
Rejection, bitterness, and whinyness are for the most part phases.

At least for me.

I'll admit, I've always been a little whiny, but I've been particularly bad lately (past year) and I can trace it back to one woman. But I work on it when I remember and try to stay more positive. And THIS MORNING, I remembered!

This really goes beyond the scope of the 'CD relationships forum', but there are many people I have seen here who could benefit from a major attitude adjustment, many of whom have no trouble attracting mates. The truth is, very few people are willing to make changes or admit their flaws. People have so much goddamn pride and ego. At least, if you can't attract somebody, it kind of forces you to do a certain amount of introspection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships