Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:33 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I knew my late husband and I had a strong connection when we'd been together for about a year and I had minor surgery. We stopped at Safeway on the way home so he could pick up my prescription for pain pills for me. As he got out of the car, he asked if I wanted anything. I said no, but as I watched him walk toward the store I wished I'd ask him to get me a container of Double Fudge Brownie Ben and Jerry's (my fave-which he didn't know).

Twenty minutes later, he came out of the store with my drugs and my Double Fudge Brownie ice cream.

The night he died, while I was racing to the hospital, the little voice in my head told me I was too late-he was already gone and he was.
Jeez... what a post....

Sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Yep I remember the moment when I was yelling (for the gazillionth time) at my ex-husbands back, disappearing into his shed, when I realised I'd married a male version of my mother...only took me 10 years.

Well, they always say a girl marries her father, not her mother...!

We were divorced within the year.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
I wish I had a sweet one but I don't. I realized how I felt about my ex when he came out gay 4 years ago. It was pure sweet relief.

Also, I was in an accident a few years ago similar to the OP and like hers mine went in slow motion and I realized that I was ready for my maker and wasn't particularly afraid except that my kids were in the car and I didn't want anything to happen to them. Despite coming within a hair of getting killed, not one of us had so much as a scratch. I'm not all that religious--I'm a Christian but not over the top, but I was ready for God if I needed to be. That was a very calming feeling.

Old 11-19-2012, 07:29 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,901,403 times
i've only ever fallen in lust, never in love.

if anyone wants to know when i found out, let me know. the details are rather R-rated, so i'd have to tell you via PM

Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 PM

230 posts, read 315,526 times
I need to log off now. You guys have me crying up in here.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:48 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I've had these moments/feelings. I feel weird talking about them, but they scared the crap out of me.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:34 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times
Before marrying my wife and i had a long distance relationship, she in south carolina and me in colorado. We would say all the typical stuff to each other- i love u, will never leave you, will always be there for you, etc. One day i called her and told her i was going trout fishing in the mountains with a buddy of mine and that i would call her when i got back. She tried to talk me out of it, said that she had a bad feeling about it and so forth. I told her dont worry my buddy was use to going up to this spot we would be fishing in and she had nothing to worry about. We were up there a couple of days when a bad storm could be heard off in the distance. Thinking we had enough time to unload the canoe was our biggest mistake. We were both hit by lightning knocking us both out cold and when i finally woke up in the hospital i heard, " i love you, will never leave you, and will always be there for you..."

Old 12-29-2012, 06:22 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,954,224 times
I was admitted to the hospital for an ovarian cyst and he was out partying like a rockstar with his shipmates .

Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,043,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I knew my late husband and I had a strong connection when we'd been together for about a year and I had minor surgery. We stopped at Safeway on the way home so he could pick up my prescription for pain pills for me. As he got out of the car, he asked if I wanted anything. I said no, but as I watched him walk toward the store I wished I'd ask him to get me a container of Double Fudge Brownie Ben and Jerry's (my fave-which he didn't know).

Twenty minutes later, he came out of the store with my drugs and my Double Fudge Brownie ice cream.

The night he died, while I was racing to the hospital, the little voice in my head told me I was too late-he was already gone and he was.
I'm not a very sensitive person and it could be hormones but your post made me cry.

I can't imagine going through that and I admire your strength and courage to carry on. *hugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships